Christmas this or that questions provide effortless and festive entertainment. This makes it the perfect game for Christmas parties, home gatherings, or school events!
How To Play Christmas This or That
To play, give a choice between two fun Christmas-related topics. Then, participants quickly decide which they prefer.
It’s a low-pressure game for all ages!
*Read on for game variations and to grab the free printable.
Funny Christmas This or That Questions
First, let’s dive into playful Xmas this or that questions for kids or adults.
1. Fruitcake or coal in your stocking?
2. Ugly Christmas sweater or Santa costume?
3. Tinsel or glitter?
4. Christmas dinner with Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge?
5. Christmas morning with no presents or Xmas dinner with no desserts?
6. Xmas Eve or Xmas Day?
7. Bake holiday treats only or eat holiday treats only?
8. Sing holiday carols out of tune or forget the lyrics?
9. Snowball fight with marshmallows or water balloon fight with eggnog?
10. Jingle Bells as your doorbell or fruitcake for dessert?
11. Mistletoe kiss or lick from a reindeer?
12. Wear a Rudolph nose or a Santa beard?
13. Sleigh pulled by reindeer or a convertible?
14. Quote holiday movies or sing carols for a week?
15. Fart in church or burp at Christmas dinner?
16. Drink a gallon of eggnog or eat two dozen sugar cookies?
17. Get stuck in the airport or snowed in at the in-laws?
18. Only give presents or only receive presents?
19. Sing carols with a chipmunk voice or dance like a penguin?
20. Presents that unwrap themselves or Xmas dinner that cooks itself?
Christmas This or That for Kids
21. Sleep in on Christmas Day or hop out of bed early?
22. Write a letter to Santa or go visit Santa?
24. Go on a Christmas scavenger hunt or read a Xmas book?
25. Build a gingerbread house or decorate sugar cookies?
26. Stay up late on Xmas Eve or go to bed early?
27. Go to Disney World for a holiday vacation or get lots of presents?
28. Get several smaller gifts or just one big gift?
29. Angel or star on the top of your tree?
30. Christmas day snow fight or go sledding?
31. Stay at home on Christmas or be with your extended family?
32. See a Christmas play or act in a play?
33. Leave traditional milk and cookies for Santa or something else?
34. Get presents or experience gifts?
35. Go caroling or have a holiday dance party?
36. Make Christmas treats or deliver treats?
37. Create holiday crafts or build a snow fort?
38. Help put up holiday decorations or help make Christmas dinner?
39. Open gifts slowly or tear through them quickly?
40. Meet Santa’s reindeer or his elves?
41. Nice or naughty list?
42. Elf shoes or elf ears?
43. Snow globe or Christmas train?
44. Catch Santa or stay in bed?
45. Open presents on Xmas Eve or wait until Christmas Day?
Fun This or That Questions For Adults
48. Host the holidays or visit family?
49. Dress up on Christmas Day or pjs all day?
50. Cook Christmas dinner or get take-out?
51. Place the ornaments on the tree yourself or have the family help?
52. Christmas lights on the house or ALL the outdoor decorations?
53. Real tree or artificial tree?
54. Coordinated tree ornaments or ornaments with memories?
55. Wrap presents in wrapping paper or use gift bags?
56. Spend over your budget or have a minimalist Christmas?
57. Leave up the tree until the end of January or take it down the day after Xmas?
58. Plan and execute the menu or do the Christmas gift shopping?
Related: Xmas Wish List Printable for Kids
59. Christmas office party or stay at home?
60. Ugly Xmas sweater or matching pajamas?
61. Give gift cards or actual gifts?
62. Walk in the snow or sit by the fire?
63. Stay at home for Christmas or go on vacation?
64. Watch holiday movies or go shopping?
65. White lights or colored lights?
66. Classic holiday songs or modern hits?
67. Christmas Eve church service or Christmas Eve party?
68. White Christmas or warm Christmas?
69. Classic Christmas movies or new holiday releases?
70. Mulled wine or white Christmas sangria?
71. Irish coffee or candy cane martini?
72. Holiday punch or spiked apple cider?
73. Secret Santa gift exchange or White Elephant?
74. Elf on the Shelf or no Elf on the Shelf?
75. DIY gifts or store-bought presents?
76. Stores or online shopping?
77. Xmas movies or holiday books?
78. Sleep in on Christmas Day or take a nap?
79. Nutcracker Ballet or A Christmas Carol play?
80. Send Christmas cards or no cards?
81. Kiss under the mistletoe or avoid the mistletoe?
82. Pick gifts from a wishlist or come up with your own surprise?
83. Holiday music or no holiday music?
84. Donate or volunteer?
85. Meaningful traditions or try something new?
86. Chocolate advent calendar or boozy advent calendar?
87. Garland or wreaths?
Christmas Food This or That
Yummy savory and sweet foods are all in the mix. Can you choose your favorite?
88. Honey-glazed ham or roast turkey?
89. Hot chocolate or eggnog?
90. Cranberry sauce or gravy?
91. Sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies?
92. Wassail or peppermint mocha?
93. Fruitcake or Yule log cake?
94. Peppermint bark or fudge?
95. Candy canes or gumdrops?
96. Trifle or mince pie?
97. Pumpkin pie or pecan pie?
98. Candy cane cheesecake or peppermint red velvet cake?
99. Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes?
100. Yorkshire pudding or Christmas pudding?
101. Christmas tree brownies or snowball cookies?
102. Stollen (German Christmas bread) or cinnamon rolls?
103. Peanut brittle or candied orange peel?
104. Puppy chow or Chex mix?
105. Candied pecans or truffles?
106. Chocolate-covered pretzels or salted caramels?
107. Divinity or toffee?
108. Roasted vegetables or green bean casserole?
109. Cranberry shortbread cookies or peppermint biscotti?
110. Chocolate peppermint cookies or Snickerdoodles?
111. Cheeseball and crackers or pigs in a blanket?
112. Pomegranate salad or roasted brussel sprouts?
113. Peppermint or cinnamon?
114. Sweets or savory?
115. Milk chocolate or white chocolate?
Christmas Movies This or That
Choose from timeless classics and contemporary holiday movies. Then, plan your next holiday movie family night!
116. Home Alone or The Santa Clause?
117. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas or The Polar Express?
118. Love Actually or The Holiday?
119. It’s a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street?
120. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story?
121. Bad Santa or Die Hard?
122. A Bad Moms Christmas or Elf?
123. A Charlie Brown Christmas or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
124. Gremlins or Scrooged?
125. Frosty the Snowman or Mickey’s Christmas Carol? (Check out Frosty the Snowman Jokes!)
126. Christmas With The Kranks or Jingle All The Way?
127. Four Christmases or Deck The Halls?
128. White Christmas or Holiday Inn?
129. The Muppet Christmas Carol or Klaus?
130. Jingle Jangle or Arthur Christmas?
131. Curious George A Very Monkey Christmas or Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch?
132. Home Alone 2 or The Santa Clause 2?
133. The Family Stone or Little Women?
134. A Christmas Carol or Christmas in Connecticut?
135. Jack Frost or The Christmas Chronicles?
136. The Nightmare Before Christmas or A Boy Called Christmas?
137. Ernest Saves Christmas or Babes in Toyland?
138. Meet Me In St. Louis or Holiday Affair?
139. While You Were Sleeping or The Family Man?
140. Hallmark movie channel or Netflix?
Xmas Songs This or That
141. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is Your” or Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas”?
142. Wham’s “List Christmas” or Bing Crosby’s “I’ll Be Home For Christmas”?
143. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” or “Jingle Bell Rock”?
144. Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song” or “Rockin’s Around the Christmas Tree”?
145. “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home” or “Blue Christmas”?
146. “Frosty The Snowman” or “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”?
147. “Mele Kelikimaka” or “We Wish You A Merry Christmas”?
148. “Jingle Bells” or “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town”?
149. “Santa Baby” or “Baby It’s Cold Outside”?
150. “The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)” or “Run, Rudolph, Run”?
151. “Winter Wonderland” or “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”?
152. “Must Be Santa” or “Do You Hear What I Hear?”?
153. “Feliz Navidad” or “Little Saint Nick”?
154. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” or “Deck The Halls”?
155. “Silent Night” or “O Holy Night”?
156. “Angels We Have Heard On High” Or “Away In A Manger”?
157. “The Little Drummer Boy” or “Hark! The Herald Angels Sings”?
158. “Joy To The World” or “Carol of the Bells”?
159. “O Come, All Ye Faithful” or “Mary, Did You Know”?
160. “12 Days of Christmas” or “It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas”?
161. “Do You Hear What I Hear” or “We Three Kings”?
162. “The First Noel” or “O Little Town of Bethlehem”?
163. “Silver Bells” or “O Christmas Tree”?
164. “Let It Snow” or “A Holly Jolly Christmas”?
165. “Sleigh Ride” or “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”?
Also, check out
Christmas Books Questions
Kids and adults can pick their holiday book choice!
166. How The Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss or The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg?
167. The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore or Nutcracker by E.T.A. Hoffmann?
168. Dream Snow by Eric Carle or The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats?
169. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson or Christmas In The Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder?
170. Bear Stays Up For Christmas by Karma Wilson or The Sweet Smell of Christmas by Patricia M. Scarry?
171. Frosty The Snowman by Diane Muldrow or Snowmen At Christmas by Caralyn Buehner?
172. Construction Site on Christmas Night or Christmas Farm by Mary Lyn Ray?
173. Duck & Goose: It’s Time for Christmas by Tad Hills or Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle?
174. The Christmas Pig by J.K. Rowling or A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig?
175. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens or The Gift of the Maji by O. Henry?
176. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham or The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans?
177. A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote or The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith?
178. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott or The Man Who Invented Christmas by Les Standiford?
179. Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien or The Christmas Train by David Baldacci?
Winter This or That Questions
180. Build a snowman or go ice skating?
181. Be inside on a cold day or playing out in the snow?
182. Wear gloves or mittens?
183. Wear a winter hat or earmuffs?
184. Build a snowman or make snow angels?
185. Go skiing or dog sledding?
186. Sit by an indoor fireplace or outdoor firepit?
187. Snowboarding or hot tub?
188. Slippers or socks?
189. Winter hike in the mountains or winter stroll in the city?
190. Snowmobiling or hiking?
191. Ice fishing or snowshoeing?
192. Winter camping outdoors or cozy cabin?
193. Curl on the couch with an inspiring book or binge-watch a series?
194. Xmas Eve or New Year’s Eve?
195. Vegetable soup or chili?
196. Cozy blanket or fluffy robe?
198. Puzzle or trivia night?
199. Bubble bath or sauna?
200. Winter Olympics or Superbowl?
Free Christmas This or That Printable:
This or That Christmas Game Questions Variations
Use these ideas to add variety to this question game.
Play At Christmas Parties
- Print off the free Christmas this or that printable. Party-goers can circle their responses.
- Playing with a large group? Have players go to different areas of the room depending on what “side” they are on.
- Play with a partner and guess their response. Assign points for each correct guess.
Instagram This or That Questions
Use social media to share these Christmas This or That questions. Prompt friends to respond in the comment section.
Use these questions in the classroom or during a winter day at home when your kids crave activity.
Instead of saying their answer aloud, kids do an exercise for the option they choose.
For example: “Elf shoes or elf ears?” Have kids do jumping jacks if they choose elf shoes or hop on one foot if they choose elf ears.
Send to a Friend or Family Member
Build connection with distant relatives or friends. Send this printable to them. Share your answers together!
Use the Numbers Question Game
Use the numbers questions game to play. Players pick a number from the list and answer the corresponding question.
Play in the Car
Traveling for the holidays? These question games work every time for my kids in the car!
Here are a few more for the holidays: