Reindeer jokes and puns will help your family unwrap the gift of Christmas laughter. They are guaranteed to bring holiday cheer!
Without reindeer, Santa wouldn’t make it to all those houses with gifts! I rein-dare you to read them all!
Fun Fact: Santa’s reindeer were popularized in the 1823 poem commonly known as “The Night Before Christmas”. The names of the reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.
Funny Reindeer Jokes For Kids
First, get ready to giggle with these rib-ticking reindeer jokes for kids!
1. How much does it cost Santa to park his sleigh and reindeer?
Answer: Nothing, it’s on the house!
2. Why did the reindeer get braces?
Answer: He had buck teeth.
3. How can Santa’s sleigh fly through the air?
Answer: You would too if you were pulled by reindeer.
4. Who is a reindeer’s favorite celebrity?
5. What would a reindeer do if it lost its tail?
Answer: Go to a re-tail shop for a new one.
6. How much does it cost to fly Santa’s sleigh?
Answer: About eight bucks, nine during bad weather.
7. What is the difference between a knight and Santa’s reindeer?
Answer: A knight slays the dragon while a reindeer pulls the sleigh.
8. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Answer: No, they already have names!
9. What do you call a reindeer with three eyes?
Answer: A reiiindeer
10. What should you give a reindeer with a stomach-ache?
11. Why don’t Santa’s reindeer get paid?
Answer: They are all voun-deers.
12. What’s a reindeer’s favorite game?
Answer: Stable tennis
13. What’s a dinosaur’s least favorite reindeer?
14. Where do reindeer like to get their favorite frozen treats?
Answer: Deery Queen
15. How do you get into a reindeer’s house?
Answer: Ring the deer-bell
16. What game do reindeer play at sleepovers?
Answer: Truth or Deer
17. How do reindeer pay for things?
Answer: They use bucks!
18. What do you call a reindeer on Halloween?
Answer: A cariBOO
19. What do reindeer hang on their Christmas trees?
20. Which of Santa’s reindeer has the cleanest antlers?
21. Why does everyone think that Santa’s reindeer are a great team?
Answer: Because that’s what they’ve herd.
Related: Write Santa a Letter Template
22. Why were the reindeer still in the barn when they were supposed to be with Santa?
Answer: They were stalling.
23. How can Santa tell the reindeer were excited to pull the sleigh?
Answer: They were there with BELLS on!
24. Which reindeer would rather fly around on Valentine’s Day?
25. Why do reindeer enjoy yoga?
Answer: It makes them feel (Blit)zen.
Related: Christmas Conversation Starters
26. Which one of Santa’s reindeer has the best moves?
27. What do reindeer use to know when Christmas is coming?
Answer: The calen-deer
28. What do naughty reindeer eat for breakfast?
Answer: Co-coal Puffs
29. What do the reindeer use to clean their hooves?
30. What do reindeer eat for breakfast?
31. Why do Dasher and Dancer take so many coffee breaks?
Answer: They are Santa’s Star Bucks!
32. What did the reindeer get when he crossed a bell with a skunk?
Answer: Jingle smells
33. What do reindeer have that nothing else can have?
Answer: Baby reindeer
34. How is a reindeer like a coin?
Answer: It has a head on one side and a tail on the other.
35. Why do Santa’s reindeer fly?
Answer: Because they can’t drive.
36. Why is Dasher always wet?
Answer: Because he’s a “rain-deer”.
37. If baseball players get athlete’s foot, what do reindeer get?
38. Why does Scrooge like Santa’s reindeer?
Answer: Because he values every buck.
39. What is brown, white, and red all over?
Answer: An embarrassed reindeer.
40. Why does Santa like his reindeer to have antlers?
Answer: So he can get better tv reception in the sleigh!
41. Did you hear that amazing song written by Dasher?
Answer: He came up with it on the hoof!
42. Why doesn’t Santa use reindeer milk in his coffee?
Answer: He’s on a deery-free diet!
43. What do you call a reindeer with no eyes?
Answer: No-eye deer.
44. What do you call a reindeer with no eyes or legs?
Answer: I have no ideer.
45. What do reindeer say when they take a picture on a housetop?
Answer: “Click, click, click.”
46. Which Elton John song describes one of Santa’s small reindeer?
Answer: “Tiny Dancer”
47. Why are the reindeer so itchy?
Answer: They had antarc-ticks.
48. What could be said about a reindeer’s personality?
Answer: It glows (like a lightbulb).
49. What’s a reindeer’s favorite football tactic?
Answer: Running a Blitz(en).
50. Why did Donner start to wear a watch?
Answer: He wanted to see time fly!
Add a dash of humor with some Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer jokes that will light up your day!
Fun Fact: In 1939, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was introduced as the ninth reindeer. His bright red nose helps guide Santa’s sleigh through foggy and stormy weather. (source)
51. Did Rudolph go to school?
Answer: No. He was elf taught.
52. Who laughed and called Rudolph names?
Answer: Olive, the other reindeer.
53. What do the other reindeer call Rudolph?
54. Why did Rudolph’s nose light up in school?
Answer: He was a bright student.
55. Why does Rudolph always win a race?
Answer: He wins by a nose.
56. What happened when Rudolph ate rotten food?
Answer: He got Reindiarrhea
57. Why did Rudolph cross the road?
Answer: To fly to the other side.
58. Why did all the reindeer have red noses?
Answer: It was freezing outside.
59. Which street in France is every reindeer’s favorite to fly through?
Answer: Rue Dolph
60. What did Rudolph say to his kids?
Answer: I love you deerly.
61. Why does Rudolpy wear a fur coat?
Answer: Because he looks silly in a snowsuit.
62. Where does Rudolph write about his thoughts?
Answer: In his deer-y
63. What does Rudolph like about rainy days?
Answer: The reinbows
64. What does Rudolph use to buy things?
Answer: Jingle Bills
65. What do you call a reindeer with bad manners?
66. Why could Rudolph write with his left and right hooves?
Answer: He was Bambi-dextrous
67. What did Rudolph call his three-legged reindeer friend?
68. What do you call Rudolph when he is wearing ear muffs?
Answer: Anything you like. He won’t hear you.
69. Why did Rudolph cross the road?
Answer: Because he was tied to a chicken.
70. Why did Rudolph wear sunglasses on Christmas Eve?
Answer: He didn’t want to be recognized.
71. Why doesn’t Rudolph like to smile?
Answer: He doesn’t want to show his buck teeth.
72. Why didn’t Rudolph go with Santa last Christmas?
Answer: Because he was sent to his stall for being rude.
73. What is Rudolph’s favorite type of exercise?
74. Why is Santa so happy that Rudolph is guiding the sleigh?
Answer: Because it was a bright idea.
75. Why did Rudolph have low grades on his report card?
Answer: Because he went down in history.
76. What does Santa do when Rudolph drives too fast?
Answer: Hold on for deer life!
Christmas Reindeer Knock Knock Jokes
Next, laugh at these silly reindeer knock knock jokes.
Fun Fact: Reindeer are the only deer species in which both males and females have antlers!
77. Knock, knock!
Reindeer are getting ready for Christmas!
78. Knock, knock!
Deer are cool, but reindeer are better!
79. Knock, knock!
Who-oves are what deer have on their feet.
80. Knock, knock!
Anita lift please, Rudolph!
82. Knock, knock!
Dewey know when Santa and his reindeer will be here?
83. Knock, knock!
Alpaca the sleigh Rudolph, we’re going for a ride!
84. Knock, knock!
Snow reindeer games for me today, I’m on vacation!
85. Knock, knock!
Ice skates on! It’s time for some winter reindeer fun!
86. Knock, knock!
Donner you wish it could be Christmas every day?
87. Knock, knock!
Vixen up the deocrations. It’s time to celebrate!
88. Knock, knock!
Comet closer, I have a holiday secret to share!
89. Knock, knock
Donner you think it’s time for some eggnog?
- Christmas Picture Books in time for the holidays!
- Meaningful Family Christmas Traditions (or Xmas couples traditions)
Reindeer Puns and One Liners
Prepare to “sleigh” with laughter at these clever reindeer jokes and Rudolph puns.
Fun Fact: These a-deer-able creatures live in large herds in North America and in Arctic and Subarctic regions.
90. I used to hate puns, but these days I’m finding them a lot more reindeering.
91. Oh deer! You are pulling out all the stops this Christmas.
92. It’s Christmas day! Time to rein it in.
93. Call me Rudolph because I do believe I’m sleigh-ing it.
94. I’m having a rud-awfully good time at this Christmas party!
95. Grab your umbrella! It looks like rein, deer!
96. The new married couple lived happily ever Antler.
97. I love the holiday season deerly.
98. Be a deer, and fetch me some hot cocoa.
99. The forecast this Christmas is cloudy with a chance of reindeer.
100. I’ll be there in a Blitzen.
101. I’m fawn’d of the Christmas spirit.
102. I’m deerly hoping for a white Christmas!
103. I’m feeling ‘stag’-geringly festive!
104. I’m ‘antler’-taining thoughts of a magical holiday.
105. You’ll never know deer, how much I love you.
106. How rude-olph of me to eat the last Christmas cookie.
107. Call me Rudolph, I’m sleighing the game.
108. Oh deer! Look at all of those presents under the tree!
109. I have no i-deer what to get you for Christmas.
110. This Christmas dinner is deer-licious!
111. Do you want to go on an a-deer-nture?
112. I am so in-deer-cisive during the holidays!
113. I took the reins when planning Christmas this year.
More Reindeer Puns and Jokes
Fun Fact: The concept of Santa’s reindeer is a mix of various folkloric and mythical elements. Reindeer are associated with winter and the North Pole. Which makes them a fitting choice for Santa’s loyal helpers!
114. Why was the elf afraid to go in the reindeer barn?
Answer: She had rein-fear!
115. What does Santa wear in a thunderstorm?
Answer: His rein-gear!
116. Did you hear about the reindeer who became a pirate?
Answer: He was a rein-buccaneer!
117. What do you call a reindeer running on tracks?
118. What do you call the reindeer who drives the train?
Answer: The engine-deer!
119. What do the elves who take care of the reindeer call themselves?
Answer: The Jolly Ranchers
Find more great Christmas team names >>
120. Why did Santa have trouble getting the reindeer to take off from the roof?
Answer: Because up on the housetop, reindeer pause!
121. What do you call a grumpy reindeer?
Answer: A complain-deer
122. What do you get when you cross a reindeer with a cow?
Answer: A rein-steer
123. Who pulls Santa’s sleigh in New England?
Answer: The Maine-deer
124. Who pulls Santa’s sleigh south of France?
Answer: The Spain-deer
125. Who pulls Santa’s sleigh in the mountains?
Answer: The Gondol-deers!
126. What leads Santa’s sleigh underwater?
127. What do reindeer carry their lunches in?
Answer: Lunch Buck-ets
128. Why did the police pull over Santa’s reindeer?
Answer: They thought they were COMET-ing a crime!
129. Why couldn’t Santa buy the reindeer presents at Christmas?
Answer: He was all out of doe.
130. What do reindeer like with their spaghetti?
Festive Reasons To Laugh At Christmas
Christmas Would You Rather: Would you rather…wear matching pjs or ugly Christmas sweaters with your family?
Christmas Charades: Grab the free printable, split into teams, and start playing!
Christmas Knock Knock Jokes: Knock, knock! Who’s there? Sandy! Sandy who? Sandy Claus!
Christmas Who Is Most Likely To: Who’s most likely to say “eat my rubber!” while driving?
Funny Christmas Riddles: I’m a cookie you might like to eat, and some might say I’m a favored Christmas treat. I have brown arms, eyes, and don’t forget my feet. What am I? (Go to the article to find out!) Also, find more good riddles for New Years.