Christmas riddles and answers bring laughter and connection to your holiday celebrations.
What is always right in front of you but you can’t see it?
Answer: Next Christmas!
Best ‘What Am I?’ Christmas Riddles
Next, these rhyming ‘What am I?’ Christmas riddles will be a hit on any holiday occasion.
11. I’m a plant seen at Christmas, which people hang above. And then they stand beneath me and kiss someone they love. What am I?
12. Climbing down these may often seem weird, but not when it’s this old man with a white beard. What am I?
13. I come with many colors, so beautiful and bright, I turn so many houses into a beautiful sight. What am I?
Answer: Christmas lights
14. Kids look forward to me being filled with toys and not rocks. I look like a giant person’s sock. What am I?
Answer: Christmas stocking
15. Santa Claus sits on me as he delivers his gifts. He can easily ride me through the snowdrifts. What am I?
Answer: A sleigh
16. I hide your gifts while displayed under the tree. Rip me off quickly to see what it could be! What am I?
Answer: Wrapping paper
17. I have an important job each Christmas night, I guide the sleigh that brings Santa while you are sleeping tight. What am I?
18. I’m Santa’s little helper, I’m loved by girls and boys. All throughout the year, I work hard building their toys. What am I?
Answer: An elf.
19. I’m round and I’m hung on the door to display, Christmas cheer all around until Christmas day. What am I?
Answer: A wreath
20. I get decorated and chopped, with a star up on top. What am I?
Answer: Christmas tree
21. You hang me with care on your tree every year, if you drop me I will break and may bring a tear! What am I?
22. I’m a colored strip used to decorate your tree, metallic and shiny is how to find me. What am I?
23. Counting down to Christmas with me can’t be beat, behind every door there lies a tasty treat. What am I?
Answer: Advent calendar
24. I am a festive and red Christmas plant. You may receive me or give me to your aunt! What am I?
25. I am wrapped in colorful paper and bows. I sit beneath your Christmas tree’s glow. What am I?
26. Twas the night before Christmas and all were asleep, except this man leaving gifts trying not to make a peep! Who am I?
Answer: Santa Claus
27. Among the ornaments, tinsel, and lights, I sit at the top of your tree with delight. What am I?
Answer: A Star
28. I’m made of snow when it’s cold and I’m brought to life with magic I’m told. Come out to play and you will see me with my broom and my hat. Who am I?
Answer: Frosty the Snowman (See more Snowman Riddles, Jokes & Puns)
29. I guide the way with my red glowing nose, so that Santa’s sleigh can know where it goes. Who am I?
30. I am Santa’s favorite cold drink. You can bet when he takes a sip he will wink. What am I?
31. Don’t forget to leave out a snack for the reindeer. They like this orange and crunchy vegetable when they appear! What am I?
32. I’m warm and cozy, but when you awake on Christmas morning, you hop out of me with all speed and no mosey. What am I?
33. You may visit me late on Christmas Eve, to sing and remember what Christmas truly means. What am I?
Answer: A church
34. Here carolers stand as they sing at your door, all about Christmas, Santa, and more. What am I?
Answer: Doorstep or porch
35. You get these in the mail around Christmas time, from loved ones and friends, with photos and words you will read to the end. What am I?
Answer: Christmas cards
36. I hide around the house, moving around each night. Santa sends me each year to see who’s naughty and nice. What am I?
Answer: Elf on the Shelf
37. You can hold me and shake me, but be careful I break. I have lots of snow, but it’s all fake. What am I?
Answer: A snow globe
38. I’m grumpy and green and I stole all the presents in one night. But then my heart grew and I made everything right. Who am I?
Answer: The Grinch
39. The inns were all full in this little town, so in a manger he was born into his crown. What am I?
Christmas Food Riddles
40. I’m a cookie you might like to eat, and some might say I’m a favored Christmas treat. I have brown arms, eyes, and don’t forget my feet. What am I?
Answer: A gingerbread man
41. Something has to be broken before you drink me. What am I?
42. I have feathers, a beak, and I am dressed. What am I?
43. You’ll eat me with turkey to help fill up your belly. I sometimes come as a sauce and sometimes a jelly. What am I?
44. Visiting carolers may demand you to bring them some of this to keep them warm before they go. What is it?
Answer: Hot Chocolate
45. I’m decorated with icing and sprinkles galore, when you bite into me you will surely want more. What am I?
Answer: Christmas cookies
46. You eat me at Christmas with a big meal, I come from a pig and I rhyme with a yam. What am I?
Answer: Christmas ham
47. I am warm and hot, a drink that is sweet. Add marshmallows and enjoy this wonderful treat. What am I?
Answer: Hot Chocolate
48. I am striped red and white, the candy of Christmas time and a kids’ delight. What am I?
Answer: Candy Cane
49. I am a classic holiday dessert made with eggs, butter, sugar, and a certain type of nuts. What am I?
Answer: Pecan pie
50. I’m sweet and savory and often in a pie. I grow on a vine and am often served at the holiday time. What am I?
51. I am a delicious side that is no surprise. I taste great as chips, mashed, and also as fries. What am I?
52. This chocolate baked good is a soft candy made from sugar, butter, and milk or cream. When you eat it, you will feel like you are in a dream. What is it?
53. I flavor candy canes, gum, and mints. Some say I’m spicy I have to admit. What am I?
54. I’m made of two colors and I look just like a hook. You’ll give me a lick but I’m not something you cook. What am I?
Answer: Candy cane
Related: Christmas Food Trivia Questions
55. I can be a log-shaped chocolate cake enjoyed as a Christmas dessert or burnt as part of a winter festivity. What am I?
Answer: Yule Log
56. A cake, icing, and candy make an edible dwelling place. What am I?
Answer: Gingerbread house
57. Use me to decorate your gingerbread home, unless you can’t help but taste my colorful and sugary dome. What am I?
58. I have layers and am a colorful dessert with sponge cake, custard, and cream. What am I?
59. I’m a sweet, small round candy and come in many colors. At Christmas time I stick with red and green. What am I?
60. I can make your house smell festive at Christmas time, stir me into your drink and I will make it taste even more fine. What am I?
61. I’m important at Christmas and make desserts sweet, you would miss me if you didn’t find me in your favorite treat. What am I?
62. I’m delicious with butter and most everyone likes it when I’m added to the Christmas meal. What am I?
Answer: Dinner roll
63. I am brown, big, and red all over. What am I?
Answer: A turkey with a scoop of cranberry sauce.
64. I’m white, fluffy, and creamy. I will make your Christmas trifle dreamy. What am I?
Answer: Whipped cream or custard
65. I’m a warm, spicy beverage often made with apples, oranges, and spices. I’m perfect for cold and wintery nights. What am I?
Also, check out these Healthy but Delicious Christmas Treats!
Funny Christmas Riddles
Find more funny riddles about Santa and all things Christmas.
66. What is red and white, red and white, and red and white again?
Answer: Santa Clause falling down a hill.
67. What kind of laundry detergent does Santa Claus prefer?
Answer: Yule Tide
68. What does the gingerbread man put on his bed instead of a blanket?
Answer: A cookie sheet
69. How do kids know when Santa is around?
Answer: They can sense his presents!
70. What always has needles but can never sew?
Answer: A Christmas tree
71. Which one of Santa’s reindeer can you see from outer space?
72. What tool does Santa use in his garden?
Answer: A Ho Ho Ho!
73. Why is Santa so good at karate?
Answer: Because he wears a black belt.
74. Why does the alphabet get shorter at Christmas time?
Answer: Because it has no L (NOEL)
75. Where does Santa Claus hang up his suit after delivering Christmas presents?
Answer: In the claus-et.
76. What’s the top of an egg called?
Answer: An eggnog
77. What’s Santa’s favorite candy?
Answer: Jolly Ranchers (Also an excellent Christmas team name!)
78. Why was the math book sad at Christmas?
Answer: Because it has too many problems.
79. What do you call a disrespectful reindeer?
80. What do you call the kind of pictures elves take?
81. What kind of bug hates Christmas?
Answer: A humbug
82. What do you call a reindeer with three eyes?
83. What was Santa’s favorite subject in school?
84. Which one of Santa’s reindeer is the fastest?
85. What do elves learn in school?
Answer: The elf-abet
86. What is Santa’s favorite sandwich?
Answer: Peanut Butter & Jolly
87. What did Santa need when he sprained his ankle?
Answer: A candy cane
88. What did the salt say to the pepper on Christmas?
Answer: Seasonings Greetings!
89. What marks the end of Christmas?
Answer: The letter ‘s’.
Hard Christmas Riddles for Adults
Next, try out these harder Christmas riddles!
90. What do you get when you mix a weapon with a foot?
Answer: A mistletoe
91. What do you call a gym-loving snowman with a six pack?
Answer: An abdominal snowman
92. On Christmas Eve, Santa leaves his workshop to deliver presents. What direction does he travel?
93. When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
Answer: In the dictionary.
94. What do you call it after all the Christmas gifts have been opened on Christmas morning?
95. If Santa Claus rides in a sleigh, and the 3 wise men traveled by camel, what do the elves ride in?
Answer: A minivan
96. You can catch me easily, especially during the holidays, but you can never throw me. What am I?
Answer: A cold
97. What is something that travels around the globe like Santa Claus, but yet never leaves its corner?
Answer: A postage stamp.
98. What type of fruit do you eat at Christmas that isn’t very healthy?
99. What did Mrs. Claus say to her husband when she looked up a the sky?
Answer: It looks like rain dear.
100. What did the husband buy his wife for Christmas when she said “nothing would make me happier than a diamond necklace”?
Answer: Nothing. Because it would make her happier than a diamond necklace.
101. Why does Lil Wayne love giving gifts?
Answer: He’s a good wrapper.
102. Where do elves go to vote?
Answer: The North Poll
103. Where does Santa get his cup of joe?
Answer: Caribou Coffee
104. Where is Santa’s favorite place to shop?
Answer: Kohls! He always has coals cash.
105. How much did Santa pay for his sleigh?
Answer: Nothing, it was on the house.
106. If Santa’s five elves take five minutes to make five dolls, then how long do you think 100 elves will need to make 100 dolls?
Answer: Five minutes
107. Buddy and Hermey were both born on Christmas Eve. When Buddy was 6 years old, Hermey was half his age. If Buddy turns 100 years old this Christmas Eve, how old is Hermey going to be?
Christmas Carol and Song Riddles
108. I am a catchy carol and a tune that likes to rhyme, I contain 12 gifts that come at Christmas time. What am I?
Answer: The 12 Days of Christmas Gifts Song
109. I am every parent’s favorite Christmas carol. What am I?
Answer: Silent Night
110. A ballet of yore and a character alright. I’m performed and enjoyed on Christmas night. I was written in Russia and I have music that makes you hum along. What am I?
Answer: The Nutcracker
111. What do fish sing at Christmas time?
Answer: Christmas corals
112. If a lion wrote a Christmas song, what would it be called?
Answer: Jungle Bells
113. What song do sheep sing at Christmas?
Answer: “Fleece Navidad!”
114. What two things are always wanted in December?
Answer: “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”
115. What carol does a snake sing at Christmas?
Answer: SSSSsssssssilver Bells.
116. What’s a farmer’s favorite Christmas carol?
Answer: I’m Dreaming of a Wheat Christmas
117. What do you do when you decorate the entryways?
Answer: Deck the Halls
Fun Winter Riddles
Finally, enjoy snow and snowman riddles for the winter season!
118. I drop from the sky and I’m much more beautiful than rain. There are not two pieces of me that’ll ever look the same. What am I?
119. What do you get if you cross a snowman and a vampire?
120. What do you call a snowman with a tan?
Answer: A puddle
121. Why was the snowman looking through carrots?
Answer: He was picking his nose.
122. I’m a sport played on frozen water, where players glide on skates and score goals. What am I?
Answer: Ice hockey
123. I’m a winter celebration in which candles are lit on a special candelabrum each night. What am I?
124. Where do snowmen go to dance?
Answer: The snowball
125. What’s a snowman’s favorite breakfast?
Answer: Frosted Flakes
Epic Christmas Games and Questions
Christmas Would You Rather
Would you rather…wear matching pjs or ugly Christmas sweaters with your family?
Add these lively Christmas would you rather questions to your favorite celebrations! Plus, grab the free printable!
Grab a free printable Christmas Charades List, split into teams, and start playing!
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Try this free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable for extra holiday fun.
More Seasonal Trivia:
- Christmas Movie Trivia with Answers
- A Christmas Story Trivia with Answers
- Easy & Hard Home Alone Trivia
More Jokes and Riddles
- Reindeer Jokes and Puns
- Funny Christmas Knock Knock Jokes
- New Years Riddles and Jokes
- What Am I Riddles
- Animal Riddles
- Funny Duck Jokes
Enjoy using these Christmas riddles this year!
Next, find a new Christmas picture book to add to your collection to read this year!