Christmas movie trivia will bring joy and nostalgia to holiday movie fans. From classics to family favorites, enjoy the ultimate holiday film quiz.
‘Tis the season for trivia and cheer!
What Christmas movie is played the most? Keep reading to find out!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
Kids Christmas Movie Trivia
Heartwarming and funny- these beloved Christmas movies charm both kids and adults!
Name the kids Christmas movie trivia answer using the picture.
11. What character does Kermit the Frog play in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
Answer: Bob Cratchit
12. What is the sequel to the classic Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas called?
Answer: Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas
Home Alone Trivia (1990)
13. Where is Kevin’s family getting ready to travel for Christmas?
14. What is the name the two thieves, Harry and Marv, give themself?
Answer: The Wet Bandits
15. Why does Kevin not want to sleep with Fuller?
Answer: He wets the bed.
16. Why are the McCallisters in a rush when they wake up?
Answer: They overslept because a windstorm knocked out the power and their alarms didn’t go off.
17. What does Kevin think when he realizes his family is gone?
Answer: That he made his family disappear.
18. What makes Kevin scream when he is getting ready in the bathroom?
Answer: He puts cologne on and it burns his face.
19. What pet does Kevin’s brother, Buzz, have?
Answer: A tarantula
20. What is the Wet Bandit’s signature calling card?
Answer: Leaving the faucet running
21. What is Kevin afraid of in the basement?
Answer: The furnace
22. What does Kevin use to cover the basement stairs?
Answer: Tar and a nail
23. Who does Kevin’s mom, Kate, finally catch a ride with?
Answer: A Polka group
24. Who saves Kevin at the end of the movie when the Wet Bandits catch him?
Answer: Old Man Marley
Check out more Home Alone Trivia Questions!
The Nightmare Before Christmas Trivia (1993)
25. How does Jack get into Christmas town?
Answer: He opens the door to the tree that leads to Christmas and gets there by mistake.
26. What part of his body does Jack take out to play fetch with his dog?
Answer: His rib
27. What is Jack Skellington?
Answer: King of Halloween Town
28. What is Jack Skellington’s dog’s name?
29. Who creates Sally?
Answer: Dr. Finkelstein
30. In this movie, what is the name of Jack’s nemesis?
Answer: Oogie Boogie
31. What is Sally?
Answer: A rag doll
32. Who does Jack order to kidnap Santa so that Jack can take over Christmas?
Answer: Lock, Shock, and Barrel
33. What does Santa later return to Halloween Town to do?
Answer: Make it snow
34. Complete the lyrics from this movie song: “This is __________________”
35. Who created The Nightmare Before Christmas?
Answer: Tim Burton
Related: Christmas Icebreaker Questions
The Santa Clause Trivia (1994)
36. What is the name of the divorced dad and toy company advertising executive who must take over the role of Santa?
Answer: Scott Calvin
37. What happens to Santa Claus when he visits the home of Calvin at the beginning of the film?
Answer: Santa gets startled, falls off the roof, lands in the snow and disappears.
38. What is the name of Calvin’s son?
39. Who is the head elf that runs Santa’s workshop at the North Pole?
40. What magical gift does Bernard give Charlie when he first visits the North Pole?
Answer: A snowglobe
41. What starts happening to Scott Calvin after the first Christmas he is forced to be Santa?
Answer: He gains weight and grows a white beard.
42. What does Charlie’s stepfather, Neil, do for a living?
Answer: He’s a psychiatrist.
43. What do the elves use to break Santa out of prison?
44. What did Scott do at the beginning of the movie that legally obligated him to take on the role of Santa Claus?
Answer: He put on the Santa suit.
45. What does Scott/Santa give his ex-wife Laura to restore her faith in Christmas?
Answer: Mystery Date game
46. How many sequels were inspired by The Santa Clause?
47. What comedian plays the role of Scott Calvin in this movie?
Answer: Tim Allen
How The Grinch Stole Christmas Movie Trivia
Pro Tip: Read the Christmas picture book first. Then, watch the movie!
48. How many movies were inspired by this popular Dr. Seuss book?
Answer: Three (1966, 2000, The Grinch 2018)
49. Who played the Grinch in the 2000 life action version of the Grinch’s story?
Answer: Jim Carrey
50. Where does the Grinch live?
Answer: Mount Crumpit
51. Where do the Whos live?
52. What is the name of the Grinch’s dog?
53. In the original 1966 version, why does the Grinch hate Christmas?
Answer: His heart was two sizes too small.
54. Who does the Grinch dress up as before he steals all of Whoville’s Christmas trees, food, and presents?
Answer: Santa Claus
55. What color is the Grinch?
56. What does the Grinch tell Cindy Lou Who when she catches him stealing her family’s Christmas tree?
Answer: That he’s taking it for repairs.
57. How does the Grinch know that Christmas has come regardless of his actions?
Answer: Every Who down in Whoville is singing.
58. How many sizes did the Grinch’s heart grow that day?
Answer: Three sizes
59. What does the Grinch dress his dog Mas as?
Answer: A reindeer
Frosty The Snowman & Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer Trivia
60. What was the name of the little girl who became Frosty’s friend?
61. What made Frosty come to life?
Answer: A magician’s hat
62. What type of nose does Frosty have?
63. What were Frosty’s first words when he became alive?
Answer: Happy Birthday
Related: Birthday Trivia Quiz
64. In Frosty The Snowman, what did the traffic cop swallow when he yelled stop?
65. What made Frosty melt?
Answer: He was trapped inside a greenhouse.
66. How did Donner, Rudolph’s father, try to hide Rudolph’s nose?
Answer: He covered it with black mud.
67. Who was the gruff, old, red-bearded prospector who befriended Rudolph?
Answer: Yukon Cornelius
68. What does the misfit Elf Hermey want to be instead of a Santa Elf?
Answer: A dentist
69. Why was Charlie a misfit toy?
Answer: He was a jack-in-the-box named Charlie.
70. Who was a constant threat to Rudolph and his friends?
Answer: The Abominable Snowman
71. Why did Santa Claus almost cancel Christmas?
Answer: There was a bad snowstorm.
The Polar Express Trivia (2004)
Pro Tip: Find festive ideas for your Christmas family movie night. Then, play Christmas movie trivia for kids!
72. What character narrates the film as an adult?
Answer: Hero Boy
73. Where is the Polar Express heading on Christmas Eve?
Answer: The North Pole
74. What present does Hero Boy receive from Santa?
Answer: A silver bell
75. What do the children drink during their trip on the train?
Answer: Hot chocolate
76. What character rides on top of the Polar Express?
Answer: The Hobo
77. What animals are blocking the tracks?
78. What day of the year does the Polar Express train arrive at Hero Boy’s house?
Answer: Christmas Eve
79. What actor plays multiple characters in The Polar Express film?
Answer: Tom Hanks
80. What color are the Polar Express train tickets?
81. Although never mentioned in the movie, what is the name of Hero Boy in the Polar Express book?
82. What word is written on Hero Boy’s train ticket?
83. What are the children wearing on the train?
Answer: Their pj’s
Funny Christmas Movie Trivia
Next, these funny Christmas movies have become an essential part of pop culture.
Pro Tip: Host a festive movie trivia night! Dress as your favorite Christmas movie character, choose a team name, and let the games begin!
Elf Christmas Movie Trivia
84. Which actor plays the role of Buddy the Elf’s dad at the Noth Pole?
Answer: Bob Newhart
85. What is the name of the elf played by Will Ferrell?
86. How does baby Buddy end up at the North Pole?
Answer: Baby Buddy sneaks into Santa’s sack.
87. What are the four main food groups elves stick to?
Answer: Candy, candy corn, syrup, and sugar
Related: Christmas Food Trivia with Answers
88. How is Buddy different from all of the other elves?
Answer: He was born a human.
89. Where does Buddy’s real father live?
Answer: New York City
90. What toy is Buddy tasked to test?
Answer: Jack in the Box
91. Where did Santa’s sleigh break down in the movie?
Answer: Central Park
92. Where does Buddy find a job?
93. What is the name of Buddy’s younger brother?
94. When Buddy leaves the North Pole, what does he float away on?
Answer: A patch of ice
95. What does Buddy consume for breakfast with various amounts of chocolate and candy on top?
96. What does Santa’s sleigh rely on to make it fly?
Answer: Christmas spirit
97. What does Buddy say the fake Santa smells like?
Answer: Beef and cheese
98. What song does Jovie get the crowd to sing to believe in Santa?
Answer: “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town”
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Movie Trivia
99. What is the name of the character played by Chevy Chase?
Answer: Clark Griswold
100. What does Clark use to put up lights on his house?
101. What are the first names of the Griswold’s neighbors?
Answer: Todd and Margo
102. What is Clark waiting for in the movie after he put a down payment on a pool?
Answer: His Christmas bonus
103. What is the name of Cousin Eddie’s dog?
104. What type of product has Clark been working on at work?
Answer: A non-nutritive cereal varnish
105. What animal is hiding in the Christmas tree?
106. What two gifts does Aunt Bethany wrap and bring to Christmas?
Answer: Jello mold and her cat
107. What Christmas bonus does Clark end up receiving?
Answer: A one-year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club
108. Who closes the attic door and locks Clark in the attic?
Answer: Ellen’s mother, Frances
109. What is Ellen, Clark’s wife, pet name for him?
110. While sledding, what store does Clark end at when the sled stops?
111. What does Aunt Bethany recite when she is asked to say grace at the dinner table?
Answer: The Pledge of Allegiance
Answer: B- The car gets a flat tire.
113. How many light bulbs does Clark Griswold put on his house?
Answer: C- 25,000
114. When the Griswolds go hunting for a Christmas tree, what does Clark forget to bring with them?
Answer: A saw
115. When Clark is stuck in the attic, what does he do with his time?
Answer: He watches old home movies.
116. What kind of vehicle does Eddie and Catherine have?
117. Who overcooks the Christmas turkey?
118. What breaks Todd and Margo’s window and radio?
Answer: An icicle
119. Who figures out how to get the Christmas lights on the house to finally work?
120. Clark and Cousin Eddie drink egg nog out of what animal-shaped glasses?
121. Why does the tree dry up causing it to catch fire?
Answer: The dog drank the tree water.
122. What happened to the cat under the recliner?
Answer: It was electrocuted.
123. What does Cousin Eddie give to Clark for a Christmas present?
Answer: His boss (tied up in a bow)
124. Who comes to Clark’s house to rescue Clark’s boss?
Answer: The SWAT team
125. What is the last line Clark says in the movie?
Answer: “I did it.”
A Christmas Story Movie Trivia
126. What does Ralphie want for Christmas?
Answer: A Red Ryder BB Gun
127. What is the name of Ralphie’s younger brother?
128. What does Ralphie’s friend, Flick, do when he gets a triple-dog-dare?
Answer: Gets his tongue stuck to a pole.
129. How does Ralphie’s mother get Randy to eat his meatloaf?
Answer: She tells him to show her how piggies eat.
130. What word is on the “major award” crate that comes for Ralphie’s father?
131. What does the major award end up being?
Answer: A table lamp in the shape of a woman’s leg.
132. When Ralphie is helping his father change the flat tire, what does he say?
Answer: “Oh Fudge”
133. What does Aunt Clara give Ralphie for Christmas?
Answer: A pink bunny suit
134. What does everyone tell Ralphie will happen if he gets a BB gun?
Answer: “You’ll shoot your eye out.”
135. What happens to the Parker family’s Christmas turkey?
Answer: The neighbor’s dogs get in and get it.
136. What does Ralphie tell his parents when he breaks his glasses shooting his gun?
Answer: He says an icicle fell on them.
137. How does Randy react when he sits on Santa’s lap in the department store?
Answer: He screams.
138. What movie characters bother Ralphie when he is waiting in line to see Santa?
Answer: The Wizard of Oz characters
139. What are the name of Ralphie’s two friends?
Answer: Flick and Schwartz
Classic Christmas Movies Quiz
These heartwarming and classic holiday tales have charmed audiences for generations.
Pro Tip: Have you seen the classic Christmas movies? Add them to your holiday bucket list!
It’s A Wonderful Life Movie Trivia
140. Jimmy Stewart played what family man who worked for the family business at a building and loan company?
Answer: George Bailey
141. Who saved George from killing himself by jumping into the river and forcing George to rescue him?
Answer: Clarence, his guardian angel
142. What town did George and his family live in?
Answer: Bedford Falls
143. Who was the stingy old miser that owned the largest bank in town?
144. How did Geroge lose his hearing in one ear?
Answer: Jumping in the ice water to save his brother.
145. Who gets awarded the Medal of Honor?
Answer: Harry Bailey, Geroge’s brother
146. What is Clarence’s angel rank?
Answer: AS2 (Angel 2nd Class)
147. Who does George marry in this movie?
148. What happened to George every time he walked up the stairs at their old home?
Answer: The wooden ball from the banister came off in his hand.
149. How does Uncle Billy lose the $8000 dollars when he is on the way to the bank?
Answer: He leaves it in a newspaper he hands to Mr. Potter.
150. What kind of journey does Clarence take George on to convince him he has a wonderful life?
Answer: He shows him what life would be like if he had never been born.
151. What is Clarence’s last name?
Related: Best Christmas Conversation Starters
White Christmas (1954) Movie Trivia
152. How are Betty and Judy related in the movie?
153. Who portrayed Bob Wallace in White Christmas?
Answer: Bing Crosby
154. Who does Bob Wallace meet in the army and form a partnership with?
Answer: Phil Davis
155. What state does Phil convince Bob to travel to to be with the girls?
156. What famous number wasn’t part of the script and was a result of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye goofing off around the set?
157. What do the four sing in the club car about their frosty dreams?
158. When the quartet arrived and departed the train, what was missing?
159. What war did General Waverly, Phil, and Bob serve in together?
Answer: World War II
160. What was the name of the restaurant where Bob and Phil meet Betty and Judy?
Answer: Novello’s restaurant in Florida
161. Who was the actress that played Bing Crosby’s love interest?
Answer: Rosemary Clooney
162. What character did not actually sing any of their performed songs?
163. Who wrote the song White Christmas performed in the movie?
Answer: Irving Berlin
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
164. What was the name of the department store that Doris worked for?
165. Who played the role of Kris Kringle?
Answer: Edmund Gwenn
166. What gift did Susan ask Mr. Kringle to bring her to prove he was Santa Claus?
167. Where did Doris meet Kris for the first time?
Answer: The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
168. What language does Kris use to talk to a little girl that didn’t speak English in the store?
169. How do Doris and Fred know each other?
Answer: They’re neighbors
170. Why does Kris Kringle have to fill in as Santa during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
Answer: The man who was supposed to play Santa was drunk.
171. What famous actress played Susan Walker?
Answer: Natalie Wood
172. Who represents Kris Kringle in court?
Answer: Fred Gailey
173. Why didn’t Mrs. Walker want her daughter to belive in Santa Claus and other fantasies?
Answer: She didn’t want to raise her daughter to believe in nonsense.
174. What type of animal did Kris teach Susan to be?
Answer: A monkey.
175. What did Doris write on the bottom of the letter that Susan wrote to Kris Kringle?
Answer: I believe in you too.
176. What city did this movie take place in?
Answer: New York City
A Christmas Carol Movie Trivia
177. What are the three spirits that visit Scrooge?
Answer: The Ghost of Christmas Past, The Ghost of Christmas Present, and the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come
178. What business did Scrooge and his partner, Jacob Marley, run?
179. What was the name of Scrooge’s desk clerk, Bob Cratchit’s youngest son?
Answer: Tiny Tim
180. What does Scrooge say instead of “Merry Christmas”?
Answer: “Bah, humbug!”
181. The first ghost to visit Scrooge is Jacob Marley. What does he warn him about?
Answer: The consequences of living a life of greed and selfishness.
182. What day of the year is it when this story beings?
Answer: Christmas Eve
183. What does Scrooge send to Bob Cratchit’s house on Christmas Day?
Answer: A turkey
184. What does the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come show Scrooge to symbolize his death?
Answer: His own grave
185. What does Scrooge give to Bob Catchit at the end of the story?
Answer: A raise.
186. What happens to Scoorge at the end of this story?
Answer: He becomes kinder and more generous.
187. Who wrote the book A Christmas Carol?
Answer: Charles Dickens
Related: Fun Xmas Eve Gift Ideas
Famous Christmas Movie Quotes Trivia
188. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is ______________ loud for all to hear.”
Answer: Singing (Elf)
189. Who said it? “You might want to take a rain check on that. He’s got a lip fungus that ain’t been identified yet.”
Answer: Cousin Eddie (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation)
190. “Far-gee-lay. That must be ____________!”
Answer: Italian (A Christmas Story)
191. Who said it? “He’s making violent love to me, mother!”
Answer: Mary (Hatch) Bailey (It’s A Wonderful Life)
192. Who said it? “God bless us, everyone!”
Answer: Tiny Tim (A Christmas Carol)
193. Who said it? “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”
Answer: Fred Gailey (Miracle on 34th Street)
194. Finish this phrase: “What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a _______ ______ ______.”
Answer: Little bit more (How The Grinch Stole Christmas)
195. “I don’t know what to say, except it’s Christmas and we’re all in __________.”
Answer: Misery (Ellen Griswold)
196. Who said it? “Merry, Christmas, ya filthy animals!”
Answer: Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)
197. Who said it? “And we’re going to have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas.”
Answer: Clark Griswold (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation)
198. Who said it? “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?”
Answer: Charlie Brown (A Charlie Brown Christmas)
199. Finish this phrase: “An official Red Ryder, carbon action, 200 shot, Range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock, and this thing which ________ _______.”
Answer: tells time (A Christmas Story)
200. “Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his ________.”
Answer: Wings (It’s A Wonderful Life)
201. Who said it? “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.“
Answer: Buddy (Elf)
202. Who said it? “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.”
Answer: Kris Kringle (Miracle on 34th Street)
203. What movie is this quote from? “But for now, let me say. Without hope or agenda. Just because it’s Christmas. And at Christmas you tell the truth. To me, you are perfect.”
Answer: Love Actually
204. What movie is this quote from? “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
Answer: The Polar Express
205. What movie is this quote from? “I want my house to be seen from space!”
Answer: Deck The Halls
206. “You have such a pretty face. You should be on a _____________ ________.”
Answer: Christmas Card (Elf)
207. “I can’t put my arms down.”
Answer: Randy Parker (A Christmas Story)
208. “Buzz, your girlfriend. Woof!”
Answer: Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)
209. “Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! When I wake up, I’m getting a CAT scan!”
Answer: Scott Calvin (The Santa Claus)
210. “Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?”
Answer: Clark Griswold (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation)
211. “Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!“
Answer: Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
More Christmas Movie Trivia
212. What movie has the best-selling single of all time of the same name?
Answer: “White Christmas” (source)
213. The Vermont Inn in White Christmas was used a decade before in what movie set?
Answer: Holiday Inn
214. In Scrooged, a modern take on A Christmas Carol, who plays the Scrooge character?
Answer: Bill Murray
215. In what movie is one of the characters rushing to get her hands on canned hickory honey ham?
Answer: Christmas with the Kranks
216. In what movie is TurboMan the hot Christmas toy?
Answer: Jingle All The Way
217. In what movie does a little boy run after his love in the airport?
Answer: Love Actually
218. Which holiday was celebrated first at the Holiday Inn in Holiday Inn?
Answer: New Year’s
Related: Fun New Year’s Trivia
219. What is “Bad Santa’s profession?
Answer: Thief and mall Santa
220. In Christmas With the Kranks, what do they refuse to put on top of their roof for Christmas?
221. What 2008 Christmas movie stars Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn?
Answer: Four Christmases
222. What Christmas song does Judy Garland sing in Meet Me in St. Louis?
Answer: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
223. Hans Gruber and John McClane meet at a holiday party in what movie?
Answer: Die Hard
224. Who were the two co-stars of Holiday Inn?
Answer: Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire
225. What Christmas movie is played the most?
Answer: The Grinch (2018) is the single highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time.
Christmas movies hold a special place in our holiday celebrations. Include this Christmas trivia in your holiday celebrations and trivia nights: