A Birthday Trivia Quiz To Celebrate!
Is it your birthday? Or are you celebrating someone you love? Break out these birthday trivia questions and answers and see how much you know.
Trivia is fun, requires zero extra work, and teaches you something too. It doesn’t get much better!
Fun Questions Game About Birthday Trivia
1. What does it mean if it’s your golden birthday?
When your age and birthdate are the same.
2. What are you wearing if you are in your birthday suit?
3. If your birthday is in August, what is your star sign?
Leo or Virgo
4. What is the most popular birthday month in the United States?
5. What is the most popular birthday cake flavor in the United States?
6. What is the least common birthday in the United States?
December 25th (see more on birth dates in this Mother’s Day Trivia)
7. What popular birthday song has been translated into at least 30 languages?
“Happy Birthday To You”
8. According to the Guinness World Records, the world’s longest recorded birthday ever celebrated lasted 48 hours. How did this happen? (source)
American Paul Morgan traveled through different time zones on his 28th birthday in 2018 to set this record.
9. The world’s most expensive birthday cake cost $75 million and included 4000 of these? (source)
10. What is the most popular birthday gift for kids?
A toy or game
11. How many birthdays did the Queen of England celebrate each year?
Two- Her actual birthday and her “official” birthday in June.
12. What gift is considered bad luck if given on a birthday in China?
A clock or watch
14. If your birthday is on Valentine’s Day, what star sign would you have?
15. The melody of the world-famous song “Happy Birthday to You” actually comes from which nursery rhyme?
“Good Morning To All”
16. What is the birth flower of April?
Related: Spring Trivia Quiz
17. On average, how many birthday cards are sent annually in the US?
A. 2 billion
B. 1.5 billion
C. 3 billion
D. 4 billion
Answer: A: 2 billion
18. What year was the traditional Happy Birthday song written?
Answer: C- 1912
Interesting Historical Birthday Facts Trivia
19. Where does the tradition of blowing out candles on a cake come from?
20. In medieval Europe, what was believed to determine a person’s fate?
The position of the stars on their birthday.
21. The earliest recorded birthday celebration was in Egypt. Who were they celebrating?
22. In the Bible, who was the oldest person to ever live?
Methuselah- He lived to be 969 years old.
23. According to the Bible, what did the wise men bring Jesus to celebrate his birth?
Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
24. In Judaism, what special celebration on a boy’s 13th birthday marks his transition into manhood and his responsibility to follow Jewish law?
A Bar Mitzvah
25. In Hinduism, what is celebrated on the 60th birthday and is significant because it’s considered half one’s lifetime?
26. Who is believed to have started the tradition of giving birthday presents?
27. Members of what religious group do not celebrate birthdays?
28. In many cultures around the world, what is believed will happen if you blow out all the candles on your birthday cake in one breath?
The wish you make will come true.
29. How old was the world’s oldest person to have ever lived?
122 years old- Jeanne Calment
30. What did Europeans use to ward off evil spirits on someone’s birthday?
31. For many years, who were the only people who could celebrate their birthday?
Birthday Trivia: Famous People in History
32. What actress sang Happy Birthday to President John F. Kennedy?
33. What was Anne Frank’s 13th birthday gift?
Her famous diary. (Find more book trivia questions)
34. What famous child received more than 135,000 gifts on her 8th birthday?
35. What famous physicist was born on March 14th, 1879?
36. On what month and date was the first U.S. President, George Washington, born in 1732?
37. What renowned English playwright was born on April 26th, 1564?
38. What famous artist was born on March 30th, 1853?
Vincent Van Gogh
39. What accomplished musician was born on January 27th, 1756?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
41. What author who wrote the famous line “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” was born on February 7th, 1812?
42. This famous inventor of the light bulb was born on February 11th, 1847. Who is it?
43. What civil rights activist was born on January 15th, 1929?
Martin Luther King, Jr.
44. Who was the first female prime minister of the United Kingdom, born on October 13, 1925?
45. Neil Armstrong was 38 when he walked on the moon. What year was he born?
1930 (August 5th)
46. What famous musician and civil rights activist was born on February 6th, 1945?
47. What year was the first African-American President of the U.S., Barack Obama born?
1961 (August 4th)
48. Who wrote the 1959 children’s book “Happy Birthday To You!”?
49. Which famous blind singer recorded a version of “Happy Birthday To You” in 1981?
50. Paul McCartney had his birth certificate auctioned in 1997, and it became the most expensive birth certificate ever auctioned. How much did it sell for?
True or False: More Birthday Fun Facts Trivia
51. The most common birth date in the world is September 9th.
52. If you have a boy born in the winter months, he is more likely to be right-handed.
False- He is more likely to be left-handed.
53. The most common birth time is 8:00 AM.
54. The most common zodiac sign for people born in the United States is Gemini.
55. A person born on February 29th is called a leapling or leaper.
56. Saturday is the day of the week with the least birthdays.
57. In China, everyone is considered 1 year old when they are born.
58. About 17 million people are celebrating their birthdays every day.
59. In North Korea, people aren’t allowed to celebrate their birthdays on July 8th and December 17th.
True- This is because Kim II-sung and Kim Jong-il died on these dates.
60. In Turkey, adults hardly ever celebrate their birthdays.
61. “Happy Birthday To You” is the most popular song in the English language and it’s copyrighted.
Related Birthday Articles For Kids:
- Easy Ways to Make a Kids Birthday Special
- Free Birthday Interview Printable
- Free Thank You For Coming To My Party Printable
Birthday Traditions Around The World: Birthday Trivia Questions
62. In what country do birthdays traditionally come with the Las Mañanitas birthday song followed by a day of celebration?
63. What South American country has a tradition of pulling the earlobe of the birthday boy or girl for each year of their life?
64. In what country is it customary to hang the country flag outside the house on the birthday of a family member?
65. In this country, children celebrate their third, fifth, and seventh birthdays with a special ceremony called “Shichi-Go-San”, where they dress up in traditional clothing and visit a shrine. What country is this?
66. It is traditional in Russia to give a birthday gift of an odd number of these objects, as an even number of these are associated with funerals.
67. In this country, up to age 12 the candles may go on a wooden birthday wreath, one candle for each year and one in the middle for good luck. What country has this tradition?
68. In China, elders and family members bring toys, books, and coins to a one-year old child and let them choose their gift. What do they believe the child’s choice determines?
Their future pursuits.
69. What country considers it bad luck to wish someone a happy birthday in advance?
70. In Argentina, it is traditional to celebrate a child’s fifteenth birthday with this ceremony in which a girl is presented to society as a young woman.
71. In what European country do most people celebrate their birthday twice, on their actual birthday and on their patron Saint’s day?
72. When do Eastern churches celebrate Jesus’ birthday?
Birthday Food Trivia Traditions
73. What group of people invented birthday cakes?
74. Seaweed soup is a traditional birthday breakfast in which country?
75. In Nepal, this food is eaten to celebrate birthdays and rubbed on the birthday person’s forehead. What food is it?
76. In Canada, it is common to sneak up on the birthday boy/girl and put this food on their nose for good luck. What food is it?
77. In Mexico, it is traditional to celebrate someone’s birthday by smashing this food into their face. What food is it?
78. In what country is it customary to eat long noodles on one’s birthday as a symbol of longevity?
79. Switzerland parents often hire a scary clown to follow and prank their child for up to seven days to smash this food into their face when they least expect it. What food is it?
80. It is customary in Sweden to serve a type of cake made of layers of sponge cake, raspberry jam, vanilla custard, and whipped cream. What is the name for this cake?
A “princess cake”
82. In Honduras, people crack eggs over the birthday person’s head and throw this baking ingredient at them.
83. Australians celebrate a child’s birthday with what traditional bread?
Fairy bread- a sweet bread with butter and tons of sprinkles
84. In the Netherlands, people eat this dessert filled with fruit and topped with whipped cream on their birthdays.
85. In the United States, it is customary to sing “Happy Birthday” and blow out candles placed on what dessert?
86. Which other country throws flour in the birthday boy/girl’s face?
87. What is the world record for the most candles on a birthday cake?
D. 33, 321
Answer: C- 72,585
88. The world’s largest birthday cake, created in 1989, weighed over how many pounds?
Answer: A- 128,000 pounds
More Unique Questions About Birthday Customs
89. In which country is it customary to give a birthday “bump”, in which the birthday boy or girl is lifted upside down and bumped on the head?
90. This country celebrates a baby’s birth at seven days old, one month old, one hundred days old, and one year old. Which country has this tradition?
91. In Ghana, it is traditional to perform a cleansing ritual to purify what during a person’s birth week?
The birthday person’s soul
92. For which birthday is it customary in South Africa to celebrate by giving the person a key to symbolize their entry into adulthood?
On their 21st birthday
93. What gift do people give when they go to the temple to celebrate their birthday in Thailand?
The gift is known as making merit.
94. When an unmarried man celebrates his 30th birthday in Germany, what must he do?
Sweep the steps of his local church.
95. In Vietnam, everyone celebrates their birthday on what day?
New Year’s Day
96. What do Mexican children hit at birthday parties until candy falls out?
More Trivia You’ll Love:
Significant Birthday Traditions: Birthday Quiz Questions
These are great birthday trivia questions to cover 1st birthdays, sweet 16 traditions, and an 18th birthday.
97. In what country do boys celebrate their first birthdays with a ceremony called “dolianchi” where they wear traditional clothing and participate in various rituals?
98. In India, boys celebrate their first birthday with a ceremony called “Anna Prashan” where they are fed what food for the first time?
99. In which country do boys often have a “bush party” to celebrate their birthday, which involves camping, bonfires, and outdoor activities?
100. In this country, girls receive red envelopes filled with money on their birthdays as a symbol of good luck and prosperity. Which country is it?
101. Girls in Ghana are given special names depending on what?
The day of the week they were born on.
102. At what age do girls in Japan celebrate their coming of age with a special ceremony?
On their 20th birthday
103. At what age do girls in Mexico have a special party that marks their transition into womanhood?
On their 15th birthday
Famous Celebrity Birthday Quiz Questions
104. What famous American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian once married to Brad Pitt was born on June 4th, 1975?
105. This American actor, well-known for playing a navy jet pilot, was born on July 3rd, 1962.
106. Married to Jay-Z, this award-winning American singer and songwriter was born on September 4th, 1981.
107. This famous actress was born on February 11th, 1969. You would likely want to be “friends” with her.
108. “Diamonds” and “Umbrella” are two famous songs by this singer born on February 20th, 1988.
109. Once a member of a popular boy band, this singer, songwriter, and actor is one of the world’s best-selling music artists. He was born on January 31, 1981.
110. “Hello” and “Rolling in the Deep” are two hits from this English singer-songwriter born on May 5th, 1988.
111. You may have watched this well-known actor, born on November 11th, 1974 freeze to death in icy water in one of his most popular roles.
112. She played a significant role in the Harry Potter movies and was born on April 15th, 1990.
To Consider With Birthday Trivia Quiz Questions
We hope you loved this birthday trivia quiz! What was your favorite?
And happy birthday to you if it’s your birthday! Leave a comment below and tell us how many years young you are!