125 Fun Car Trivia Questions And Answers (2023)
How much do you know about cars and their history? Test your knowledge with these fun car trivia questions and answers!
Easy Car Trivia For Family
Are you an expert or a novice? It’s time to find out!
1. What Pixar movie features a Corvette racing car?
2. Chevy is short for what car brand?
3. A ____________ is a car that can be driven with or without a roof.
4. True or False: all cars have four wheels
5. True or False: car manufacturers have always included seat belts in their standard equipment.
False (wasn’t until the 1950’s they became an offered part)
6. Which is NOT a brand within the General Motors car company?
Answer: C. Ford
7. Founded by Elon Musk, this American-based automotive company designs and manufactures electric vehicles.
Tesla Motors Inc.
8. What is the most popular car color?
9. What does the word “automobile” mean?
10. Dodge’s logo is of what animal?
11. True or False: Lamborghini is produced in America
Classic Car Trivia Questions And Answers
If you love old classic cars, this short car trivia quiz is for you!
12. What former “Tonight Show” host is famous for his car collection?
13. Which British manufacturer of luxury cars was founded by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford in 1913?
14. Which of these cars is NOT considered a classic car?
a. Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
b. Chevrolet El Camino SS
c. Tesla Model Y
d. Porsche 911
Answer: C. Tesla Model Y
15. True or False: A car is considered a classic if it was manufactured in 2000 or earlier.
True. Some also say a car is “classic” after at least 10-25 years.
16. Which car brand makes the Mustang?
17. Modified classic cars that are street safe are also called:
18. With limited production and designed by Enzo Ferrari himself, this car is one of the most rare cars in the world.
Ferrari 250 GT
19. What animal is on the Porsche logo?
20. The first Chevy Camaro to come off the production line was what color?
Answer: A. Black
21. Which car brand makes the “Beetle” car model?
Muscle Car Trivia Questions And Answers
22. What qualifies a car to be a “muscle car?”
A V8 engine or larger
23. Stephen King’s possessed car “Christine” was what muscular Plymouth model?
24. Which former division of General Motors produced the 1962 Grand Prix, 1967 Firebird, and 1969 Trans Am?
25. True or False: A hemi-engine and a V-8 engine are the same thing.
True (Hemi refers to engines with hemispheric combustible chambers)
26. The most iconic American muscle car is the Ford ________.
27. True or False: The Plymouth Barracuda and the ‘Cuda are the same muscle car.
False (the Cuda is the more performance-oriented car).
Related: Star Wars Trivia Questions & Answers
Interesting Car Trivia Quiz
These fun facts about cars will have you saying “wow!”
28. What was the first American-produced Japanese car?
29. The world’s first road made specifically for cars was paved in which U.S. city?
New York City (Queens)
30. The “World’s Largest Truckstop” including eight restaurants, a chiropractor, and a barbershop is located in which U.S. state?
31. What auto brand’s name is an Italian acronym?
32. How many cars are manufactured in the United States each year?
a. 3 million
b. 1.8 million
c. 6.6 million
Answer: B. 1.8 million
33. This Arizona-based online car retailer is known for its multi-story “auto vending machine.”
34. Which Stellantis brand (that’s headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan) makes the Durango, Neon, and Charger vehicles?
35. Which two companies are currently the world’s largest car manufacturers?
Volkswagen AG and Toyota
False. Honda is a Japanese-based company and Hyundai is a Korean-based company
37. The ThrustSSC was the first car to do what in the Nevada desert in 1997?
Break the sound barrier
38. An affordable, stylish, American car built with mass-produced parts is called a:
a. Cougar car
b. Pony car
c. Muscle car
Answer: B. Pony Car
39. Ralph Teetor was a blind mechanical engineer who created this car feature:
40. Toyota’s most popular brand of car is the _______.
41. The average pit stop time for a Formula 1 race is how many seconds?
42. Ferdinand Porsche is best known for creating “the people’s car”, which is:
Related: Yes or No Questions For Adults
Sports & Luxury Car Trivia Facts
43. What luxury car brand has a “Spirit of Ecstacy” hood ornament?
44. Which luxury car brand has a well-known “L” logo?
45. What sports car brand is known for its 911 model? (First introduced in 1963)
46. Which sports car brand is named after a type of bull?
47. The luxury car manufacturer, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, is also known as:
48. The classic three-pointed star of the Mercedes Benz logo symbolizes what three things?
a. Speed, safety, sophistication
b. Land, air, sea
c. Luxury, longevity, quality
d. Air, wind, fire
Answer: B Land, air, sea (where the company believed it would one day dominate with its engines)
49. Which luxury car brand is owned by Volkswagen?
50. The one-off Bugatti La Voiture Noire is officially the most expensive new car ever made. It costs a total:
b. $1.5 Million
c. $13.4 Million
Answer: C. 13.4 Million
51. NASCAR is an acronym for:
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
52. True or False: before building the Daytona International Speedway, cars would race on the beach.
53. The Indy 500 takes place in what city?
54. Who is the only driver to win a Nextel Cup, a Winston Cup, and a Sprint Cup?
a. Tony Stewart
b. Jeff Gordon
c. Kyle Busch
Answer: A. Tony Stewart
55. How many laps are in the Daytona 500?
56. In the NASCAR Cup Series, typically how many cars race in each event?
57. Who has the most father-son wins in NASCAR?
Richard and Lee Petty
58. Where is the longest oval track in NASCAR located?
59. NASCAR was established due to:
a. World War II
Answer: B. Prohibition
60. What color is the flag that indicates the start of the race?
61. What does it mean to “pit?”
Stop in the designated pit area to refuel, get new tires, adjust the suspension, etc.
62. True or False: There is a point system for NASCAR racers
True (they collect points to qualify for the end of the season).
63. These drivers have all attributed the popularity of NASCAR except:
a. Jeff Gordon
b. Dale Earnhardt
c. Chase Elliott
d. Ricky Bobby
Answer: D. Ricky Bobby
64. What color is the flag that signals “caution” during a Nascar race?
Yellow (Red means the race is halted, and black means the driver must leave the track) Nascar
Historical Car Trivia
Who invented the car? And what was the first car to be mass-produced? It’s time to find out if you know your history!
65. Which is a type of automobile?
d. All the above
Answer: D. All of the above
66. True or False: Karl Friedrich Benz is credited to making the first gasoline automobile
67. Karl Friedrich Benz is from what country?
68. These two brothers set up the first American car manufacturing company:
Charles Edgar Duryea and his brother Frank (in 1893)
69. What type of automobile (from ? #65) was the first self-propelled road vehicle?
70. In what year was the first car invented?
1886 (when Karl Friedrich Benz patented his car)
71. The world’s first electric traffic light was installed in 1914 in which U.S. city?
b. San Francisco
d. Kansas City
Answer: C. Cleveland
72. What was the first car to be mass-produced?
Ford’s Model T
73. True or False: In 1769 the first three-wheeled military tractor was built for the French army.
74. NASCAR ran its first race in Daytona Beach in what year?
75. What was Henry Ford’s first vehicle on 4 wheels called?
The Quadricycle (Ford Company)
76. In 1965 this car sold more than one million units, which still holds a record.
77. In 1908, this American automotive car manufacturer was incorporated in the state of Michigan.
78. In 1940 the United States military produced its first four-wheel vehicle called:
79. Who was the first person to install a moving assembly line in 1913, which reduced the costs of automobiles?
TV / Movie Car Trivia
Famous movies and tv shows have long spotlighted certain cars. Can you name these famous cars and facts?
80. What movie made the 1959 Cadillac Meteor-Miller instantly famous? It was modified with lights, sirens, and scientific hardware.
81. Hall of Famer Herb Thomas (2013) was the first two-time premier series driver champion. His career became the basis for what character in the Cars film franchise?
82. What film franchise, featuring more than 9 movies, is centered around fast cars, street racing, heists, and family?
The Fast and the Furious
83. The classic television series Starsky and Hutch featured two cops and their red and white Ford ___________.
c. Gran Torino
Answer: C. Gran Torino
84. In the 2006 film Talladega Nights, NASCAR racer Ricky Bobby and friend Cal Jr are also known as ______ and _______ for their ability to finish races as #1 and #2.
Shake and Bake
85. The Herbie film franchise features this type of car:
86. Dominic Torretto drives this iconic car in the The Fast and Furious film:
87. The 1981 DeLorean DMC achieved legendary status in this futuristic film:
Back to the Future
88. In the movie Dumb and Dumber, the 1984 Ford Econoline van was redesigned to look like what animal?
A dog (Mutt Cutts)
89. Thelma and Louise drove in style in what kind of car?
90. In the film Transformers, the yellow and black Chevy Camaro is named:
91. The iconic orange 1969 Dodge Charger is named the General Lee in what film:
The Dukes of Hazzard
92. True or False: A real Ferrari 250 GT was used in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
False (Modena GT Spyder California was used)
93. Dean Winchester drives a 1967 Chevrolet Impala in this television series:
94. The movie Ford vs Ferrari follows the story of what real-life driver who dreamed of creating a car that could race against the Corvette and Ferrari?
95. What kind of car was the original KITT car on the old tv show “Knight Rider”?
A modified 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
97. What film character popularized the Aston Martin?
a. Bruce Wayne
b. James Bond
c. Indiana Jones
Answer: B. James Bond
98. What car was featured in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds?
1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
99. What car did Tony Soprano drive in the TV show The Sopranos?
A Cadillac Escalade
100. What was Walter White’s original car in the famous tv show Breaking Bad?
Automotive Parts Trivia
101. In the U.S., the metal part of a car that covers the engine is called a hood; in the UK, this part goes by the name of what piece of headgear?
102. How many parts does the average car have?
Answer: B. 30,000
103. Which car feature was once nearly outlawed in multiple states?
104. Where on a car would you find hubcaps?
105. What is the name for the glass section on the roof of some vehicles?
106. Radiators pull _____ into the engine to keep it cool.
107. ABS refers to this car feature:
Brakes (Anti-lock braking systems)
108. What does the odometer measure?
Answer: B. Mileage
109. A manual car has how many pedals?
Three (Clutch, brake, accelerator)
110. The dashboard symbol for Hazard Lights is what shape?
111. How many gears do most cars have?
112. What is the name of the system that starts the car?
113. A dipstick measures the level of:
114. What does HP stand for when referring to the engine?
Hard Car Trivia Questions
Finally, this car trivia quiz is more advanced for adults.
115. What is the oldest car company?
Peugeot (It was founded in 1810 as a coffee mill company and began producing cars in 1882)
116. What was the first Chevy sports car?
The First Generation Corvette (1953-1962)
117. What car company made the first car with a turbocharger?
118. What car has the highest recorded top speed?
The Bugatti Veryron Super Sport 300+
119. What is the top speed of the Bugatti Chiron?
120. What is the fastest accelerating car in the world?
Pininfarina Battista (as of Feb. 2023)
121. Who invented the first automatic transmission?
A Canadian steam engineer, Alfred Horner Munro (source)
122. What is the fastest 0 to 60 production car in the world?
Koenigsegg Gemera (source)
123. What did the first car, made by Benz Patent-Motorwagen, cost?
124. What is the youngest U.S. car brand?
Tesla Motors Inc.
125. What term is used for a bad car?
To Consider With This Fun Car Trivia
I hope you learned a lot about your favorite sporty, luxury, and muscle cars. Plus, you enjoyed new terms and history along the way.
And if you need trivia for car rides, don’t miss our road trip trivia questions too!