110 Best Father’s Day Trivia Questions (Try this Quiz Now!) 2023
What is some fun trivia about Father’s Day?
On Father’s Day each year we take celebrate and honor the amazing fathers, grandfathers, and father figures in our lives.
This year, add to your celebration and try out Father’s Day Trivia questions and answers. How much do you know about this day? What other fun dad facts are there to learn?
Let’s find out!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
Fun Facts for Father’s Day and Dad Trivia
While most people know the date of Father’s Day, this section includes lesser-known fun facts about Father’s Day as well as general fun trivia about dads.
1. What is the most popular gift to give dads on Father’s Day?
2. What day is Father’s Day celebrated on every year?
The third Sunday of June.
3. When was the word “dad” first recorded?
In the 1500s
4. What is the most popular day to call your dad?
On Father’s Day of course!
5. What is the traditional flower for Father’s Day?
6. What flower do you wear in your lapel if your father is deceased?
A white rose.
7. What flower do you wear in your lapel if your father is living?
A red rose.
8. Approximately how many fathers are there in America?
9. What is the average age of first-time fathers in America? (source)
10. In Greek mythology, who is known for eating his own children to prevent them from overthrowing him?
11. Who is the “Founding Father” of the United States?
96 years old
13. Father’s day is the fourth largest holiday for sending cards according to Hallmark. What three holidays are ahead of it? (source)
Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and Christmas
Related: Mother’s Day Trivia Quiz
14. A recent survey revealed that dads actually want this one thing the most on Father’s Day. (source)
A phone call from their kids.
15. This is often one of the first “words” babies say.
16. 64% of dads do not want anything that says this on it for Father’s Day.
World’s Best Dad
17. This seems to be a popular way dads spend their time on Father’s Day in the U.S.
Having a BBQ or grilling.
18. The father with the most children is most likely Ismail Ibn Sharif, who fathered this many children in the late 17th century. (source)
19. The father with the most children from one woman is Feodor Vassilyev. How many children did he and his wife have?
20. This animal dad shares equal responsibility with his partner for building a nest, incubating the egg, and sharing parental duties of the hatchling.
21. Which marine animal father is the one to become pregnant and give birth to children?
22. Which type of fish father will keep the eggs of his children in his mouth until they hatch?
23. This bird spends two months keeping his egg warm while the mother is away feeding.
24. This animal dad guards his pups and also brings them and the mother food.
Related: Summer Trivia Quiz
History of Father’s Day Quiz
Do you know the origins of Father’s Day? Try out these historical facts trivia questions.
25. Who was the first Father’s Day celebration organized by?
Sonora Smart Dodd
26. Why did Ms. Dodd want to celebrate Father’s Day?
She wanted to honor her father, a civil war vet who raised 6 children on his own.
27. This U.S. President issued the first proclamation recognizing Father’s day in 1966.
Lyndon B. Johnson
28. What U.S. President made Father’s Day a permanent federal holiday in 1972?
29. What year did the first Father’s Day celebration take place?
Answer: B-June 19, 1910
Answer: C- Washington
31. In the 1920 and 1930s, there was a movement to do away with Father’s Day and Mother’s day in favor of this single holiday. (source)
A. Parent’s Day
B. Children’s Day
C. Family Day
D. Men’s Day
Answer: A- Parent’s Day
32. The movement mentioned in the previous question was derailed by this event that caused struggling retailers and advertisers to promote Father’s Day even more. (source)
A. World War 1
B. The Great Depression
C. The Dust Bowl
D. World War II
Answer: B-The Great Depression
Father’s Day Trivia: Celebrations Around the World
Today, Father’s Day is celebrated in many countries around the world with unique traditions to make the day special.
Next, use these trivia questions to discover how and when different countries celebrate their dads.
33. Which 2 countries celebrate Father’s Day on the first Sunday of September?
Australia & New Zealand
34. What month does Canada and Britain celebrate Father’s Day?
June (along with the U.S.)
35. This traditional Catholic holiday associated with honoring fathers is celebrated in Europe and Latin America on March 19th.
39. This country celebrates Father’s Day in December on the birthday of the late King. People give gifts to their fathers and traditionally wear yellow on this day.
Related: Interesting Birthday Trivia
The United States
41. In which country is Father’s Day known as Vatertag or “Men’s Day”?
42. In this German celebration of dads, men go on a hike pulling a wagon filled with food and _________.
43. Spain and Belgium celebrate fathers in this month.
44. In this country, the third Sunday of August is dedicated to fathers. Family gatherings and barbeques are a common way to celebrate “Dia dos Pais”. What’s the name of the country?
45. Although Father’s Day occurs in June, American men say this is their favorite sport to watch.
Football- Sorry Dads! You will have to wait until fall to watch your favorite sport!
Father’s Day Facts Quiz: True or False
46. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, when kids are raised with a father-figure in the home, they are two times less likely to drop out of high school.
47. There are estimated to be over 300,000 stay-at-home dads in America.
False – 215,000
48. Mother’s Day was a national holiday before father’s Day.
True – Mother’s Day became a national holiday in 1914.
49. 75% of Father’s Day cards are given to fathers by their children.
False – 50%
50. 1 in 3 homes in America do not have a father.
True – 38% less
Related: Gifts for Mom for Mother’s Day
52. Americans spent an estimated $1 billion on Father’s Day in 2022.
False – $2 Billion
53. Chromosomes from the father determine the sex of their children.
54. Fathers over the age of 40 are significantly less likely to have sons.
55. The drinking fountain was invented by Halsey Taylor as a tribute to his father.
True – His father contracted typhoid fever after drinking from a contaminated public water supply in 1896. (source)
TV and Other Famous Dads: Trivia Questions
There are many memorable moments in movies, TV shows, and songs that celebrate dads. Next, see what you know about some of these famous dads with these Father’s Day trivia questions.
56. This single dad was a housekeeper on this T.V. show.
Tony Micelli on “Who’s The Boss”
57. Who played Sonny Koufax in the movie “Big Daddy?”
58. On “Married With Children” what was Al Bundy’s job?
59. Who sang “My Father’s House”?
60. What actor played Charlie Hinton in the movie “Daddy Day Care”?
61. What is the name of Nemo’s dad in the Disney movie?
62. What famous guitarist sang “My Father’s Eyes”?
63. In which popular sitcom can you see father-son duo Eugene and Dan Levy?
64. What is the name of Bart Simpson’s father on the TV show “The Simpsons”?
65. Which musician played the father of his real-life daughter in “Hannah Montana”?
Billy Ray Cyrus
67. This famous father was busy with three boys before adding three girls to his bunch.
68. This movie dad declared “Luke, I am your father.”
Darth Vader (Check out Star Wars Trivia)
69. Father Christmas may visit your house on Christmas Eve. Who is he?
70. The 1977 comedy “Father’s Day” stars what famous actor?
71. Who is the popular father in “Family Guy”?
72. This popular single TV dad had a full house raising three girls.
Danny Tanner (Full House)
73. Which actor played the father in the T.V. show “Father Knows Best”?
74. This funny actor was the father in the movie “Father of the Bride”.
75. Harry Chapin sang a song about a father and son who can’t schedule time to be with one another. What is the song title?
“Cat’s in the Cradle”
76. This now King has two popular Prince sons, William and Harry.
King Charles III
77. What biblical father planned to sacrifice his son to prove his devotion to God?
78. This father and son were the first to play on the same Major League Baseball team at the same time.
Ken Griffey, Jr. and Sr.
79. Who is Michael’s dad in “The Godfather”?
Don Vito Corleone
80. Which popular music artist wrote the song titled “Song for Dad”?
81. Which famous cartoon bear and friends was invented by a father for his son?
Winnie the Pooh
82. In “The Lion King” what is the name of Simba’s father?
83. What is the name of the father in “Breaking Bad”?
84. What is the name of Ron’s father in the Harry Potter series?
85. At the end of the series “Friends”, what main cast characters had become dads on the show?
Chandler and Ross
86. What was the name of a team coached by Eric Taylor on “Friday Night Lights”?
Dillon Panthers and East Dillons Lions
88. What TV dad had twin teenagers that moved from Minnesota to Beverly Hills?
Jim Walsh (Beverly Hills, 90210)
89. Who is the father of Mickey Mouse?
90. Tom Selleck, Steven Guttenberg, and Ted Danson star in this movie where a baby is left at their doorstep and they try to adjust to fatherhood. What movie is it?
Three Men and a Baby
91. Get your dad on the dance floor with this song by James Brown. What song is it?
Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag
92. Who was the former Beatle who wrote a song called Beautiful Boy.
93. The sentiments from this Loretta Lynn song could apply to any hardworking dad. What is the song title?
They Don’t Make ‘Em Like My Daddy Anymore
Famous Historical Fathers Trivia
Next, test your knowledge of famous “founding” fathers.
94. Who is considered the father of the constitution?
95. What U.S. President was a father to the most children?
John Tyler (He had 15 children.)
96. Who is considered the father of computers?
98. Who was known as “The Father of Evolution” and also had 10 children of his own?
99. Known as the “Father of Europe” who was the first ruler of the Holy Roman Empire?
Charlemagne, A.D. 742-28
100. Who is considered the Father of Invention?
101. Who is considered the Father of the Digital Revolution?
102. Who is known as the Father of the information age?
103. What founding father of the United States invented the bifocals and the lightning rod?
104. What founding father of the United States invented the threshing barn?
105. What founding father of the United States invented the Cipher Wheel?
Father’s Day Quotes by Famous Dads
Finally, we end our Father’s Day Trivia with these quotes. Do you know what famous dad said it?
106. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.”
What U.S. President said this?
107. “Having children is like living in a frat house. Nobody sleeps, everything’s broken and there’s a lot of throwing up.”
What famous comedian with a show of his own name said this?
108. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.”
What famous comedian and actor said this?
109. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.”
What famous evangelist said this?
110. “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life because he seems to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.”
What celebrity comedian said this?
Related: Great Gift Ideas For Father’s Day
Bonus: Best Dad Jokes for Father’s Day
Are you even a dad if you don’t tell dad jokes? Share these jokes with your dad this Father’s Day!
1. What do you call an angry carrot?
A steamed veggie.
2. How do you make an egg-roll?
You push it!
3. What lights up a soccer stadium?
A soccer match.
4. What does corn say when it gets a compliment?
6. How did the hipster burn his tongue?
He drank his coffee before it was cool.
7. What did the drummer name her twin daughters?
Anna 1, Anna 2
8. What kind of cheese isn’t yours?
9. What’s brown and sticky?
10. Did you hear the rumor about butter?
Well, I’m not going to go spreading it!
Related: Joke Books For Kids (and Parents) and Tongue Twisters for Kids
To Consider With Father’s Day Trivia
Take time this year to celebrate the father figures in your life. Use this Father’s Day trivia to add enjoyment to this special day as well as bond with your dad.
Also, grab your free All About Dad printable to use with your kids!