200 Funny Tongue Twisters For Kids (In 2023)
She sells sea shells by the seashore.
How many times can you repeat this phrase before getting tongue-tied?
Tongue Twisters for kids are fun phrases to say for the entire family. Choose from a variety of tongue twisters from short to tricky on this big list. And don’t forget the tongue twisters for holidays and great sayings for helping kids with pronunciation too.
Keep reading to find out which tongue twister has been declared the hardest!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
What are the benefits of tongue twisters for kids?
Tongue twisters are phrases or sentences that are intended to be difficult to say because of their sequence of similar sounds. They are meant to be spoken and repeated several times quickly without mistakes.
While most tongue twisters don’t have any meaning or make sense, they do have many benefits:
- Tongue twisters improve the pronunciation of words.
- They strengthen speech muscles.
- They improve fluency, vocabulary, and reading skills.
- Tongue twisters can help improve brain connectivity and activation. (source)
- They warm up your speaking ability and can reduce stuttering.
- They can aid English language learners with articulation
Plus they are fun!
Short Kids Tongue Twisters
First, younger kids will love these short tongue twisters. How many times in a row can you say each one?
1. Which witch is which?
2. She sees cheese.
3. Six sticky skeletons
4. Toy boat. Toy boat. Toy boat.
5. He threw three free throws.
6. Specific Pacific
7. Fresh fried fish
8. Daddy draws doors.
9. Friendly fleas and fireflies
10. Clam in can
11. Toast for saints
12. Sick sheep
13. Snap crackle pop
14. Willie’s really weary
15. Rolling red wagons
16. Black black bat
17. Flash message
18. Red lorry, yellow lorry
19. Thin sticks, thick bricks
20. Ape cakes, grape cakes
21. Elmer Arnold
22. Roy Wayne
23. Pug puppy
24. Stagecoach stops
25. Selfish Shellfish
Funny Tongue Twisters for Kids
Practice makes perfect! Slowly say a tongue twister at first, then try to speed it up. Once you know it, try repeating it two or three times in a row.
Enjoy these funny tongue twisters that will make you giggle!
26. A happy hippo hopped and hiccupped.
27. A snake sneaks to seek a snack.
28. A synonym for cinnamon is a cinnamon synonym.
29. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
30. I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen.
31. Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread.
32. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
33. I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought I thought.
34. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
35. Mommy made me mash my M&M’s.
36. A tutor who tooted a flute tried to tutor two tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, “Is it harder to toot or to tutor two tooters to toot?”
37. Twelve twins twirled twelve twigs.
38. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
39. Whether the weather is warm, whether the weather is hot, we have to put up with the weather, whether we like it or not.
40. The bottom of the butter bucket is the buttered bucket bottom.
41. How many yaks could a yak pack pack if a yak pack could pack yaks?
42. A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk.
43. Chester Cheetah chews a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese.
44. These thousand tricky tongue twisters trip thrillingly off the tongue.
45. A sailor went to sea to see what he could see. And all he could see was sea, sea, sea.
46. I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late.
47. Smelly shoes and socks shock sisters.
48. Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread, spread it thick, say it quick.
49. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I’d have a cow pie in my eye.
50. Splish, splash, splosh, went the dog in the wash.
More Simple And Easy Tongue Twisters For Kids
They may be a little easier, but your tongue will still get twisted if you repeat these kids tongue twisters enough!
51. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
52. Mad cow
53. The blue bluebird blinks.
54. Six smart sharp sharks.
55. Seth sells thick socks.
56. Will you, William?
57. Purple paper people.
58. Yanking yellow yo-yos.
59. Penny’s pretty pink piggy bank.
60. Greek grapes.
61. Tuesday is stew day. Stew day is Tuesday.
62. We surely shall see the sun shine soon.
63. Yellow leather, yellow feather
64. Six quick sneezes
65. Zebras zig and zebras zag
66. Babbling, bumbling, band of balloons
67. Katie caught the kitten in the kitchen.
68. He threw three balls.
69. The top cop saw a cop top.
70. Spread it thick, say it quick.
71. A big black bug bit a big black bear.
72. Divers dive deep.
73. Follow the fellow.
74. Light the night light tonight.
75. Bad money, mad bunny
Related: Animal Riddles for Kids With Answers
Hard Tongue Twisters For Kids
The following tongue twisters are a little more challenging and longer for kids.
Keep reading below to see which one has been named the hardest tongue twister!
76. Pad kid poured curd pulled cod
77. Awful old Ollie oils oily autos
78. Ten tiny turtles sitting on a tiny tin tub turned tan.
79. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
80. She brews a proper cup of coffee in a copper coffee pot.
81. Beautiful babbling brooks bubble between blossoming banks.
82. Fox on clocks and bricks on blocks. Bricks and blocks on Knock on box.
83. A tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled muddled duddled fuddled wuddled fox in socks, sir!
84. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
85. I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit. Upon the slitted sheet, I sit.
86. If you must cross a course cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully.
88. Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.
89. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.
90. To begin to toboggan first buy a toboggan, but don’t buy too big a toboggan. Too big a toboggan is too big a toboggan to buy to begin to toboggan.
91. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines.
92. Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents.
93. Not these things here, but those things there.
94. Any noise annoys an oyster but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
95. Rory’s lawn rake rarely rakes really right.
96. Kindly kittens knitting mittens keep kazooing in the king’s kitchen.
97. Does your sport shop stock short socks with spots?
98. I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw.
99. Background background, black, black, brown, brown
100. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
More Tricky Tongue Twisters (For Kids and Adults)
101. She sells seashells by the seashore.
102. Cleopatra’s mattress has patches.
103. Bears are bored by bloated boars.
104. The gargling gargoyle gargles with glee.
105. Watching the clocks and winding wristwatches.
106. Carla’s charming car is chocolate.
107. Does double bubble gum double bubble?
108. Crisp crusts crackle crunchily.
109. The two-twenty-two train tore through the tunnel.
110. The queen in green screams.
111. Sheena leads, Sheila needs.
112. Stupid superstition.
113. Eleven benevolent elephants
114. Swan swam over the sea, swim swan, swim! Swan swam back again well swum, swan!
115. A tricky, frisky snake with sixty super scaly stripes
- Family Feud Game For Kids and Families
- Fun Trivia Questions For Kids
- Would You Rather Questions (Kids will love)
Holiday Themed Kids Tongue Twisters
Next, find Christmas, Halloween, and Easter Tongue Twisters for kids and adults to enjoy.
Christmas Tongue Twisters
116. Kris Kringle carefully crunched on candy canes.
117. Santa’s sleigh slides on slick snow.
118. Santa’s short suit shrunk.
119. Bobby brings bright bells.
120. Kris Kringle climbs Christmas chimneys.
121. Chilly chipper children cheerfully chant.
122. Comet cuddles cute Christmas kittens carefully.
123. Eight elves eagerly ate everything.
124. Running reindeer romp ’round red wreaths.
125. Eleven elves licked eleven little licorice lollipops.
126. There’s chimney soot on Santa’s suit.
127. Ten tiny tin trains toot ten times.
128. Tiny Timmy trims the tall tree with tinsel.
129. Santa’s sack sags slightly.
130. Two trains travel together to Toyland.
131. Clever Carol carries crimson candles carefully.
132. Crazy kids clamor for candy canes and Christmas cookies.
Halloween Tongue Twisters For Kids
133. Several spooky spiders spun sulking by the sea
134. Which witch wished which wicked wish?
135. Creepy crawler critters crawl through creepy crawly craters.
136. Dracula digs dreary, dark dungeons.
137. If big black bats could blow bubbles, how big of bubbles would big black bats blow?
138. Transylvanian Tree Trimmers are trained to trim the tallest Transylvanian trees.
139. Crazy children crave candy wearing chilling costumes.
140. Seven spooky spirits spoke a special spooky spell.
141. The wizard’s wicked wig went wonky when he went walking in winter.
142. Horribly hoarse hoot owls hoot howls of horror in Halloween haunted houses.
143. If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
144. Professional pumpkin pickers are prone to pick the plumpest pumpkins.
145. I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, But if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.
146. Ghostly ghouls gather gleefully to golf on ghostly golf courses.
Related: Best Halloween Bucket List Ideas For Kids
Easter Tongue Twisters
147. A funny bunny bursts with honey.
148. Six peeping chicks cheeping cheerily.
149. Busy bunnies bring blue baskets.
150. Each Easter, Eddie eats eighty Easter eggs.
151. Jogging jellybeans joke and giggle.
152. Run, Red Rabbit, Run.
153. Jumping jellybeans joke and giggle, jumping jellybeans jump and jiggle.
154. Chester’s chick chews chocolate chips in its cheeks.
155. Red robins request red worms for brunch.
156. Lilies look lovely leaning against the logs at the lake.
157. Colorful candy completely covers the kitchen counter.
Related: Fun Easter Trivia Questions Quiz
Kids Tongue Twisters for Pronunciation
Do tongue twisters help with speech?
Tongue twisters encourage appropriate tongue placement while pronouncing specific consonants. The more your child practices tricky sounds, the better they get.
The following tongue twisters are separated by consonants for practice or for fun.
Kids Tongues Twisters with B
158. Babbling baby boys blurted boldly.
159. Busy buzzing bumblebees.
160. Bears breathe blackberries.
161. Bouncing bed bugs borrowed blankets
162. Baboon bamboo
Examples with C and K
163. Cooks cook cupcakes quickly.
164. Can clams cram cans of candy?
165. Ken cowers in the corner.
166. Karen is in the kitchen eating KitKats.
Examples with L, M and N
167. Larry sent the latter a letter later.
168. Lamp leads light
169. Follow the fellow
170. Luke luck likes lakes
171. Lump of red leather. A red leather lump.
172. Many mumbling mice are making merry music in the moonlight.
173. Nine nimble noblemen nibbling nuts.
Tongue Twisters For Kids with P and R
174. Phillip flips fine flapjacks.
175. If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practiced and practically perfect.
176. Popular peppers popping
177. Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran.
178. Really want to run when it’s raining.
179. Rex wrecks wet rocks.
180. Reading alone allows you to really relax.
181. Red roses really have rare thorns.
Examples with S and T
182. Selma went swimming in her swell swimsuit.
183. Six sleek swans swam swiftly southwards.
184. Six slippery snails slid slowly seaward.
185. Sing, ping, sling, pling.
186. Stanley stands sadly on the steep steps.
187. She sold six shabby sheared sheep on ship.
188. Tommy Tucker tried to tie.
189. Two tiny tigers take two taxis to town.
190. Tricky tongue twisters, tricky tongue twisters
191. Two toads totally tired.
192. Tom threw Tim three thumbtacks.
Related: Best 21 Game Questions & Open Ended Questions Kids Love
Phrases with W and /th/
193. Willie’s really weary.
194. Wide right turns.
195. Wayne went to Wales to watch walruses.
196. The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
197. Thirty-tree thirsty, thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday.
198. Three thin panthers in the bathroom.
199. That’s what made these three free fleas sneeze.
200. These sheep shouldn’t sleep in a shack.
To Consider With Tongue Twisters For Kids
Which tongue twister was the hardest for you?
A team of researches from Massachussetts Institute of Technology say that this tongue twister is the most difficult in the world. (source)
How many times can you say it?
Pad kid poured curd pulled cod. (#76 above)
Share these fun tongue twisters with a friend and mark down November 8th on your calendar as National Tongue Twister Day!
Find more jokes, puns, riddles, and tongue twisters in these joke books for kids!
More HHI posts you’ll love…
- Two Truths And a Lie Game Ideas
- Truth or Dare Questions for Kids (Free Game)
- Great Trivia Questions For Teens
Chwast, Seymour. She Shells Sea Shells. Kennebunkport, Cider Mill Press Book Publishers.
Rosenberg, Pam. Tongue Twisters. Mankato, The Child’s World, 2014.