Teenagers are interesting people, right?
They are growing, changing, and no two days are the same.
When engaging with your teenager is a challenge, use 250 best trivia questions for teens. These interesting trivia questions and answers will have your teenagers laughing, talking, and having fun with you.
What are some interesting quiz questions for teens?
Trivia is fun and good for us! In fact:
- Trivia helps your teenager learn about interesting topics so they can have better conversations with others.
- It can enhance problem-solving skills, creativity, and provide socializing opportunities.
- It encourages healthy competition.
- Trivia releases dopamine which makes us happy. (especially if we answer correctly! source)
Plus, it’s a great way to bond with your teen.
Use the Table of Contents to skip around to the different trivia questions for teens based on interest.
Pop Culture Trivia Questions For Teens
1. What was Netflix’s most streamed show in 2022?
Stranger Things 4
2. What was Netflix’s most streamed movie in 2022?
The Gray Man
3. What is the most streamed artist on Spotify?
The Weekend (as of December, 2022)
4. In what year was YouTube created?
5. What year did Apple Computer introduce the first iPod?
6. What is Lady Gaga’s real first name?
7. Who is Marvel’s first superhero in the comic books?
The Human Torch
8. Who founded Amazon?
9. How many Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are there? Can you name them?
Four: Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo
10. Who is the most followed person on TikTok?
Khaby Lame (Jan 2023)
11. How many times did Ross get divorced on Friends?
12. Who did Forbes name the youngest “self-made billionaire ever” in 2019?
13. Who sings the song “Say So” that’s behind the popular TikTok dance?
14. What superhero is referenced in every episode of Seinfeld?
15. What is the name of the alternate dimension in Netflix’s Stranger Things?
The Upside Down
16. What fictional town does Spongebob Squarepants live in?
17. Who is the most followed person on Instagram?
Cristiano Ronaldo (Jan 2023)
18. What is the most watched YouTube video of all time?
“Baby Shark Dance” (Jan 2023)
19. Who is the highest paid actor in 2022 according to Forbes?
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
20. Which Marvel Chris has a super famous father-in-law?
Movie Trivia Questions (For Teenagers)
21. What was the highest-grossing movie of all time?
Avatar (Avengers: Endgame is a close second)
22. What was the first major motion picture to be shot on the open ocean?
23. Which 1977 film was the first to make over $500 million worldwide during its initial release?
24, In what year was the first “Godfather” film released?
25. What is the name of the mountain in “Lord of the Rings” which the One Ring must be thrown into?
26. Who said “I feel the need-the need for speed.” and in which movie?
Maverick and Goose in Top Gun
27. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
28. What was the first Pixar movie?
29. What is the only Disney animated feature film that has a title character who doesn’t speak?
30. The soundtrack of which Disney animated feature includes seven Elvis Presley songs?
Lilo & Stitch
31. Who won the most Academy Awards?
Katharine Hepburn with four Oscars
32 In Star Wars, who is the Jedi master that trained Luke Skywalker?
Obi Wan Kenobi
33. Who made her acting debut in the movie Valentine’s Day?
34. Who is the highest-grossing movie star of all time?
35. Name every Marvel “Chris.”
Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt
36. What is Batman’s secret identity?
37. What was the first movie by Pixar to receive a rating higher than G in the United States?
38. In the 1939 movie, The Wizard of Oz, what was used to simulate snow during the poppy scene?
39, What is the first rule of Fight Club?
You do not talk about Fight Club.
40. In Back to the Future, where does Doc Brown get the plutonium to power his time machine?
41. While filming Guardians of the Galaxy, what did director James Gunn give out as rewards to his actors and crew?
42. What guards the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark?
43. The Lord of the Rings movies are based on a novel by what author?
44. What kingdom does the Black Panther rule?
45. What popular movies were based on the best-selling books by J.K. Rowling?
Harry Potter movies
Teen Music Trivia Questions and Answers
Next, these young adults trivia questions center around one of their favorite topics.
46. Which of Katy Perry’s albums has been her most successful?
47. What band released the song “Smells Like Teen Spirit”?
48. Which musician is the most nominated woman at the Grammy awards?
49. Which musician was known as the “King of Pop”?
50. Which female artist was born with the name Destiny Hope?
51. Which male artist has set 25 Guinness World Records?
52. Which Queen song was the biggest hit in America?
53. Which pop singer is known as “The Material Girl”?
54. Name the Greek God of music.
55. Which pop singer’s real name is Robyn Fenty?
56. What artist made history as the youngest winner of the Grammys’ four main categories in 2020?
57. Who sings “Shape of You” and Perfect”?
58. Whose real name is Colson Baker?
Machine Gun Kelly
59. Which musician has won the award for Top Female Artist four times?
60. Which member of the band One Direction left to become a solo artist?
61. What are the names of the 3 Jonas Brothers?
Nick, Joe, Kevin
62. Who released a duet of ‘Cold Heart” with Elton John in 2021?
63. Who sang this song lyric? “Tastes like strawberries, On a summer evening’, And it sounds just like a song”.
Harry Styles- “Watermelon Sugar”
64. Who sang this song lyric? “There’s a fire starting in my heart, Reaching a fever pitch and it’s bringing me out the dark”.
Adele- “Rolling in the Deep”
65. Who sang this song lyric? “I didn’t ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time”.
Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande- “Rain On Me”
Teenager Food Trivia Questions and Answers
66. What is the world record for the most number of hotdogs eaten in one sitting?
67. What is sushi traditionally wrapped in?
68. Which has more sugar: a lemon or a strawberry?
69. Which additives consist of the skin and bones of animals?
70. The first Burger King Restaurant opened in 1954. How much did a hamburger cost?
71. When was Diet Coke invented?
72. What candy bar was named after its inventor’s family horse?
73. What candy bar claims to be named after one of U.S. President Grover Cleveland’s children?
74. Which fast food restaurant was founded first?
White Castle (1921 in Wichita, Kansas)
75. Where was the first Pizza Hut built?
76. Two brothers started this famous fast-food restaurant with fifteen cent hamburgers, shakes and fries.
77. What is McDonald’s best-selling menu item?
78. What novel inspired the Starbucks name?
Moby Dick (Starbuck was the first mate on the whaling ship)
79. What is the oldest soft drink in America?
Dr. Pepper (1885)
80. What was Pepsi-Cola originally called?
Brad’s Drink (Cale Bradham named the drink after himself when he first created and served the soft drink)
81. Where are three places your taste buds are located?
The tongue, cheek, and esophagus
82. What do you call a person who does not eat meat but eats fish?
83. Which country invented ice cream?
84. What was the first food to be eaten on the moon?
85. Which German city are hamburgers named after?
Hamburg, Germany- It was created there.
86. What is the most popular food in the world?
87. What was ketchup used for in the 1830s?
88. What do people in the United Kingdom call crackers?
89. What is the most common insect eaten worldwide?
90. What country consumes the most chocolate per person each year?
91. What is the most popular beverage on the planet?
92. On which day in America is food consumption the highest aside from Thanksgiving?
Super Bowl Sunday
93. The general fear of food is known as what?
94. Which fruit resembles 60% of human DNA?
95. What is the world’s largest ice cream company?
96. Where did french fries originate?
97. Which food contains the most calories per gram?
98. What is the most commonly used pizza topping?
99. Which fast-food chain has the largest number of outlets worldwide?
Sports Quiz Questions For Teens
100. What is the diameter of a basketball hoop?
101. What is the only sport to have been played on the moon?
102. Which country has played in every World Cup?
103. How many players are there on an ice hockey team?
Not more than six on each side while play is in progress.
104. What were the first hockey pucks used in early outdoor hockey games made of?
Frozen cow dung
105. What was the first sport televised in the U.S.?
Baseball (May 17, 1939)
106. What sport is the most common cause of eye injuries in the U.S.?
Baseball (more than 40,000 each year)
107. What pitcher holds the record for most complete games in an MLB career?
108. Who was the first woman to run the marathon in less than 2 1/2 hours?
Grete Waitz (1979)
109. What NFL player returned a fumble 66 yards-to the wrong end zone?
110. What woman has held the world-record in the 100-meter sprint since 1988?
Florence Griffith-Joyner (“Flo-Jo”)
111. Who was the only person in NBA history to be named Most Valuable Player, Coach of the Year, and Executive of the Year?
112. Who is the most decorated Olympian of all time?
113. Which tennis player won 470 consecutive matches?
114. What boxer famously said that he should be a postage stamp because that was the only way he’d ever get licked?
115. In NASCAR, what does the term “groove” mean?
Best route around the racetrack
116. What pitcher threw the only no-hit game in World Series history?
Don Larsen (Oct 8, 1956)
117. Why did Michael Jordan once wear No. 12 instead of his traditional No. 23 in an NBA game against the Orlando Magic?
His jersey was stolen.
118. What sport uses a broom?
119. Whose ear did Mike Tyson bite off during a 1997 boxing match?
120. What was Joe DiMaggio’s nickname?
The Yankee Clipper
121. How many touchdowns did Deion Sanders score during his NFL career?
122. What was the first country to recognize eSports as a real sport?
123. According to Guinness World Records, what is the largest wave ever surfed?
80 ft (24 M)
124. Who scored the very first goal in NHL history?
125. The “Final Five” refers to what women’s U.S. Olympic team sport?
Interesting Teen Science Trivia Questions
These trivia questions for teens will stretch your kids and test their knowledge of the world around them.
126. How long does the cicada live underground?
127. What is the color of a giraffe’s tongue?
128. How many noses does a slug have?
129. How many bones does the human body have?
130. When was the idea of the atom first introduced?
131. In what type of matter are atoms more tightly packed?
132. What planet has the most moons?
133. Hurricanes only form over what type of water?
Warm ocean water
134. What instrument is used to measure wind speed?
135. Where are the three smallest bones in the human body?
In the middle ear
136. What is the most abundant element in the Universe?
137. What percentage of the body is water?
138. How many minutes does it take for light to travel from the Sun’s surface to the Earth?
139. What is the largest living structure on Earth?
Great Barrier Reef
140. How many miles of blood vessels are there in the human body?
100,000 miles on average
141. What is the smallest biological unit of a living organism?
142. What is the hottest planet in our solar system?
143. What is the hardest substance in the human body?
144. If you have this color of hair, you have more hair follicles. What color is it?
Blonde (146,000 follicles)
145. What color is liquid oxygen?
146. What is a mushroom an example of?
147. How many chambers does the human heart have?
148. What temperature is absolute zero?
-273.15 degrees Celcius
149. Who was the first scientist to observe live cells?
Anton Von Leeuwenhoek
150. Who is “the Science Guy”?
151. What science combines computer science, statistics, engineering, and biology?
152. What is the study of water called?
153. What does the “c” in E=mc squared stand for?
Speed of light
Fun History Trivia Questions For Teens
154. What did the ancient Romans use to dye their hair?
155. What did ancient Egyptians used as pillows?
156. What Mesomerican civilization was known for its hieroglyphic script?
157. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
Leonardo da Vinci
158. What was the first American state?
159. Who was the first president of the United States to live in the White House?
President John Adams
160. What founding father was credited for inventing bifocals?
161. How many original British colonies existed in America?
162. Although the actual source is unknown, what is rumored to have started the great Chicago fire in the 1800s?
A cow knocking over a lantern in the barn.
163. Who was the first president to declare war?
164. When was the first U.S. dollar printed?
165. What year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
166. What speech is Abraham Lincoln known for?
The Gettysburg Address
167. Who was the first U.S. President to be impeached?
168. Who earned fame for discovering the the North Pole?
169. What year did the Titantic sink?
170. What year were American women granted the right to vote?
1920 (When the 19th Amendment was passed)
171. What year did the United States enter World War II
172. What four presidents have been assassinated while in office?
Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and John F. Kennedy
173. What was the last state to be admitted into the union?
174. What were the 1920s called in the United States?
The Roaring Twenties
175. What Soviet satellite was the first to be launched into space in 1957?
176. Who was the first woman appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court?
Sandra Day O-Connor on August 19, 1981
177. What year was the first Internet domain registered?
178. What did ancient Romans use as mouthwash?
Human urine (first-century Roman physicians said it whitened teeth and made them stronger.)
Hard Trivia Questions and Answers
Next, these hard teens trivia questions will make your teenager think!
179. Name the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- The Temple of Artemis
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Colossus of Rhodes
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
180. What is the world tallest mountain? How tall is it?
Mount Everest, 29,032 feet
181. What is the largest and deepest ocean on Earth?
The Pacific Ocean (The Pacific Ocean’s Mariana Trench plunges to a depth of 35,814 feet.)
182. What is the world’s largest desert?
The Sahara Desert (3.6 million square miles)
183. What is the world’s largest city and how many people live in it?
Tokyo, Japan has a population of over 38 million people.
184. How many countries are in the world?
185. What flower plant does vanilla flavor come from?
186. Which company own Lamborghini, Ducati, Porsche, Audi, and Bugatti?
187. What country was checkers invented in?
188. What is superman’s real name?
189. Which bird has the largest wingspan?
190. Name three of Benjamin Franklin’s most famous inventions
Lightning rod, bifocals, swim fins, Franklin stove, urinary catheter, armonica, street lamps, odometer
191. How many keys are on a standard piano?
191. Name two of the five International Ballroom dances.
Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango, Viennese waltz
193. From what to families do Romeo and Juliet come from?
Montague and Capulet
194. Name the 5 Great Lakes.
Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
195. Name all 50 states in the United States.
Interesting Quiz Questions For Young Adults
Your teens won’t see these general knowledge trivia questions coming!
196. How many toes does a cat have?
197. What is the little dot above a lowercase “i” or “j” called?
198. What is the only king in a deck of cards without a moustache?
King of Hearts
199. How long is a “jiffy”?
One trillionth of a second
200. How many months have 28 days?
All of them!
201. What new product did Apple Computer launch with a $1.5 million commercial during the 1984 Super Bowl?
202. What is considered to be the first “pony car”?
Ford Mustang (the first one cost $2,368)
203. What color were all Ferraris originally? (Fun trivia questions for teens)
204. What national holiday is celebrated in all countries?
205. In theory, how long would it take you to fly around the world?
Approximately 24 hours
206. According to Japanese legend, a sick person will recover if they fold 1,000 of what type of origami?
207. Which of the following inventions was the first to be patented?
B) Cash register
C) Rubber band
D) Chewing gum
Answer: C- The rubber band on March 17, 1845
208. What was the first city to reach a population of one million?
D) New York
Answer: A- Rome in 5 B.C. reached a population of one million
209. What famous general was once attacked by rabbits?
A) Genghis Khan
B) Julius Caesar
D) Alexander the Great
Answer: C- Napoleon in 1807
210. The world’s first postage stamp was introduced in what year?
Answer: D- 1840 in Great Britain
211. What mathematician spent his life calculating the value of pi to 707 decimal places?
A) William Shanks
B) D.F. Ferguson
C) John Machin
D) Gottfried Leibniz
Answer: A-William Shanks calculated the value of pi to 707 decimal places. 60 years after his death, D.F. Ferguson used a calculator to show that he had got the last 180 of these decimal places wrong.
212. Who was the first Lady of the United States to wear pants in public?
A) Betty Ford
B) Pat Nixon
C) Florence Harding
D) Eleanor Roosevelt
Answer: D- Eleanor Roosevelt
213. What is the largest number of children born to one woman
Answer: D- 69 (From 1725-1765 A Russian peasant woman gave birth to 17 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets)
214. What year was the word “computer” first used?
Answer: B- 1613
215. What was the first car to break the sound barrier?
A) Hennessey Venom GT
B) Koenigsegg Agera R
C) Bugatti Veryron
D) Thrust SSC
Answer: D-Thrust SSC
216. What is a hummingbird’s heart rate?
A) 240 beats per minute
B) 100 beats per minute
C) 1,260 beats per minute
D) 500 beats per minute
Answer: C- 1,260 beats per minute (they can flap their wings 80 times per second)
217. Which of the following has the least amount of chromosomes?
A) Water Buffalo
Answer: B- Humans (Each cell normally contains 23 pairs of chromosomes for a total of 46. Water buffalo and potatoes have 48 and silkworms have 54.)
218. Which of the following is the hottest?
A) Earth’s Core
D) Surface of the sun
219. What is the scientific term for brain freeze?
B) Frigidus Cerebri
C) Cerebrum Frigore
D) Sphenopalatine Ganglioneuralgia
220. How far does the average person walk in a lifetime?
A) 5 times around the Earth
B) 2 times around the Earth
C) 10 times around the Earth
D) 20 time around the Earth
Answer: A- 5 times around the Earth
221. What was the most points scored by one team in a football game?
Answer: A- 72 points
222. How many dimples does the average golf ball have?
Answer: B- 336
223. When was the iPad first released?
224. What tree is the largest and tallest in the world?
The California Redwood
225. What is the most spoken language in the world?
Fashion Quiz Questions for Teens
Finally, these teens trivia questions for middle school and high school are fun and different!
226. Which First Lady influenced women’s fashion in the 1960’s?
227. Threadless are a company selling unique what?
228. Where would espadrilles be worn?
On your feet
229. What is the biggest fashion retail chain in USA?
230. Vera Wang is best known for which type of dress?
231. Who invented jeans?
232. Which fashion term means “high fashion”?
233. What kind of bathing suit made its debut in 1946?
234. Which designer is best known for high-heeled shoes with red-lacquered soles?
235. Anna Wintour holds which position at Vogue?
236. What are the world’s most popular brand of ladies boots?
237. The brand Ray-Ban make what sort of fashion item?
238. In which country was the first fashion magazine published?
239. What lends its name to music and fashion style in the 1990s?
240. Which 1990s fashion movement featured all-black outfits, hair and coats?
241. Which company logo is called the swoosh?
242. What is a now popular again item used to tie back hair?
243. What 1970s fashion jewelry changed colors according to skin temperature?
244. What are Doc Martens?
245. What city is considered the fashion capital of the USA?
New York City
246. Often used in jewelry, how is the ‘calcareous skeleton of certain sea animals’ better known?
247. What item of clothing originally worn by professional dancers became an essential fashion item in the 1980s?
248. A tote is what kind of accessory?
249. Birkenstocks are a brand of what?
250. Flare, high-rise, and stonewashed are all terms that can describe what clothing item?
To Consider with Trivia Questions for Teens
Trivia is a fun challenge for everyone! I hope your teenagers enjoyed the variety in this list of trivia questions for teens AND I hope it got them talking and thinking.
Would you like more trivia? Let us know in the comments.
Other HHI Posts for Kids You Will Enjoy
- Best Debate Topics for Kids and Teens
- Would you Rather Questions for Kids
- What Am I Riddles with Answers