What are good truth or dare questions for kids?
Truth or dare is one of those games that forces you to stop taking life so darn seriously.
These clean truth or dare kids questions make for the perfect family game night. Plus, you can mix and match depending on the age of your child (and how messy you want things to get).
In this post, we start with the most fun dares for kids. Then, work down to truths and a free ready-made truth or dare game.
Don’t miss the free pdf game at the end!
Clean Dares for Kids
The kid dares are all clean and appropriate, but still make for an amazing night of fun.
First, try one of these simple dares for kids that all ages can do.
- Go outside and hug a tree for 5 seconds
- Take the craziest/silliest photo you can think of
- Hop like a frog
- Do the worm on the floor
- Try not to smile while the group tries to make you
- Moonwalk all the way around the house once
- Turn your clothes inside out and wear them
- Turn your clothes backwards and wear them
- Wear a towel or blanket as your personal cape for the rest of the game
- Pretend you are a dinosaur for 5 minutes
- Roar like a lion
- Pound your chest and run around like a gorilla
- Crabwalk across the room
- Play the air guitar to a song of choice
- Make a tower that is taller than you
- Jump as far and as high as you can
- See how long you can play catch without letting the ball drop
- Do your best Batman voice
- Try to tie your shoes blindfolded
Funny Kid Dares in Truth or Dare
Here are funny and messy dares that you may want to mentally prep for before they happen!
- Come up with your best crazy person laugh
- Drink pickle juice
- Answer everyone like a pirate for the next 20 minutes
- Let someone crack an egg over your head
- Get in the shower with your clothes on
- Get everyone an object from the other room while using your hands like a t-rex
- Pretend you have an imaginary friend for the rest of the game
- Sing a lullaby and rock a stuffed animal to sleep
- Walk backward wherever you go for the rest of the game
- Eat a banana without using your hands
- Wear socks on your hands for the rest of the game
- Wear (clean) underwear on your head for the rest of the game
- Eat a piece of lemon
- Let someone splat you in the face with pudding or whipped cream
- Act like a robot for the next two turns
- Sniff three people’s shoes and determine which are the stinkiest
- Add “whoa…that was crazy, man” to the end of each sentence until the rest of the game
- Act like an old man or woman
- Give your best yodel
- Have an argument with the couch
- Try to lick your elbow
- Eat a spoonful of mustard
- Wash your hands using butter instead of soap
- Pretend like you can’t decide if you’re excited or terrified
Dares for Family
These kid dares work amazingly well with siblings and parents.
- Change into a family member’s clothes for the rest of the night
- Give someone in your family a foot rub for 5 minutes
- Smell everyone’s breath (which one smells the worst?)
- Let someone in the family give you a new hairstyle
- Drink from a mystery concoction your family makes for you
- Eat (blindfolded) a mystery food your family gives you
- Let a family member blow in your ear
- Balance a spoon on your nose across the room while your sibling distracts you
– Give a blindfolded high-five to a family member
- Give someone a piggyback ride
- Pretend that you are someone else in your family for the next 30 minutes
- Let a family member tickle you for 1 minute
- Try to sneak up on someone before the game is over
- Take a picture making a silly face and send it to a family member
- Draw a face on your hand and use it to talk to the person next to you
- Put on your swimming suit and pretend you are swimming
- Show your family your best magic trick
*Related Post: 30 Amazing Family Bonding Activities & Quotes
More Fun Kids Dares & Challenges
- Answer everyone in a song voice for the next 20 minutes
- Spend the next 5 minutes trying to juggle
- Try to rub your stomach in a circle and pat your head at the same time
- Speak in a foreign accent for the next 20 minutes
- Spin in circles until you are too dizzy to walk straight
- Try to do the splits
- Make your best origami swan out of a napkin
- Tell the group 2 truths and a lie (and see if they can guess the lie!)
- Sing the ABCs backwards
- Have a staring contest with a pet
- Bob for an apple
- Cross the room balancing a book on your head
- Do the macarena until your next turn
- Say a tongue twister 10 times straight.
– Act out your favorite movie scene
- Make noises like your favorite animal for 1 minute
- Answer one of these cool trivia questions for kids
- Put on as many layers of clothing as you possibly can
- Speak only in a whisper for the next 10 minutes
- Speak only in a shout for the next 10 minutes
- Drink a glass of warm water and then declare how refreshing it tastes
- Act like you’ve been alone in the desert for days.
- See how many cookies you can stack on your forehead
- Draw a picture using your toes
Embarrassing Dares for Kids
Now, these embarrassing kid dares will get everyone out of their comfort zone and lead to your best memories.
- Yell your crush’s name from the balcony
- Kiss the window
- Put on makeup in the dark
- Show off your best dance moves to the group
- Act like a monkey
- Blow up 3 balloons and pop them by sitting on them
- Do a modeling show on the driveway for 5 minutes
- Let someone draw a mustache on you
- Go outside and sing a Christmas carol (whether it’s Christmas or not)
- Go outside and act like you are worshipping the sun
- Eat something while blindfolded
- Give your best thank you speech like you just won an award
- Belt your best version of “Let it Go”
- Get down on one knee and propose to your favorite object in your home
- Ask the neighbor for a roll of toilet paper
- Paint your nails black
- Hug a sign as someone drives by
- Go outside and yell whatever the group decides for you. Ex. “I pick my nose. I have diarrhea.”
- Drink from a baby bottle
- Do an impersonation of your favorite comedian or actor
- Pretend you are having a nightmare
- Sing your all-time favorite Disney song to the group
- Pretend you’re an Opera singer for two minutes
Hard Kid Dares
Next, these are the more difficult challenges. They work well with older kids (ex. 10-12, 14 years old).
- Make a snow angel outside in shorts and a t-shirt
- Write a thank you note with your non-dominant hand
- Wink at someone after every time you talk for the next 30 minutes
- Make your best commercial to sell a silly product
- Write a song about a silly object (then present it to the group)
- Talk in the third person for the rest of the game
- Hold an ice cube until it melts
- Walk around the room blindfolded
- Pour cold water on your head
- Put an ice cube down your shirt (with your shirt tucked in)
- Don’t speak for the next 2 turns
- Stay as still as a statue for at least a minute
- Eat a hot pepper
- Eat a spoonful of minced garlic
- Do 10 pushups
- Fake cry until you produce tears
- Blow bubbles in water using your nose and a straw
- Use honey as a face mask and leave it on your face for 20 minutes
- For the rest of the game, when someone talks to you, respond to someone else
- End each sentence with “in your dreams” for the rest of the game
- Put three crackers in your mouth and sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”
- Balance a bucket of water on your head
- Spin ten times, then try to do Hopscotch
- Take off your socks with a pair of tongs
- Take off gloves with a pair of tweezers
- Put your leg behind your head
- Touch a worm
- Use chopsticks to eat your snack
Kids Dares for Friends
These dares are fun to do with others in the group, whether it’s family or friends.
- Do a disco dance with someone you choose
- Do the Tango with someone in the room
- Call someone and sing “Happy Birthday” (even if it’s not their birthday)
- Let someone put makeup on you
- Draw your friend’s portrait with your non-dominant hand
- Send your friend a text message using only emojis
- Send your friend a text message using your nose
- Let a friend draw a tattoo on your arm (with washable marker)
- Try to catch three pieces of food in your mouth while someone throws it
- Act like a cowboy/cowgirl when your friend talks to you
– Talk to a broom as though it’s your friend
- Act like a dog and have your friends pet you
- Act like a cat and have your friends pet you
- Make up a story about why a random object in the room is really your long-lost friend
- Keep water in your mouth while your friend tries to make you laugh
- Do an impression of a character from a movie and see if your friends can guess it
- For the rest of the night, wink at one of your friends after you talk
- Draw a picture of one of your friends while blindfolded
- Close your eyes and handshake or hug your friends. Guess who is who
- Introduce yourself to your friends as though you’ve never met them
- Choose one person in the group to have a staring contest with
- Choose one person in the group to have a thumb war with
Looking for an EASY winner prize too?
Grab these free coupons for kids! They are perfect for prizes, rewards, and routine motivation!
Fun Truth Questions for Kids
Now, it’s time to learn something interesting about your kids!
Easy Kid Truth Questions
These good questions are great for younger kids or as you ease into the game.
- Would you rather be older or younger than you are right now? Why?
- What food could you eat every single day?
- What food do you hope you never have to eat again?
- How many times a day do you really brush your teeth?
- What’s your favorite school subject?
- What’s your least favorite school subject?
- What do you do at school that’s boring?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What makes you different from others?
– What is your most prized possession?
- Where is one place you don’t like going?
- What is something that’s not real, but you really wish it was?
- Name something you are really good at. Name something you are really horrible at.
- What’s your ride at an amusement park?
- What’s the last vegetable you ate? When was it?
- Would you rather be early or late when you went somewhere?
- What’s your all-time favorite movie or tv show?
- What is your dream vacation?
Funny Truth Questions for Kids
- What is one weird habit you have?
- How long do you think you could be quiet if you tried?
- Which animal is your spirit animal? (Which are you most like?)
- What do you think is weird about your family?
- Have you ever broken something and not told anyone about it?
- Have you ever broken something and blamed it on a sibling?
- What is the strangest book you’ve ever read? Why?
- Who cooks the best, mom or dad?
- What does mom or dad cook that you wish they wouldn’t?
- Where are you most ticklish?
- What do you think about right before you fall asleep at night?
- What’s the weirdest/grossest thing your pet does?
- What’s the weirdest/grossest thing you have done?
- Have you ever hid food before?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without showering?
- Give each person in your family a nickname that fits them.
- What show do you love that mom and dad hate?
- What gross smell do you secretly kind of like?
- What word are you not supposed to say, but you sometimes say it?
- What invention would you love to create (or for someone else to create)?
- When was the last time you stared at someone? Why were you staring?
- Have you ever watched a show that you thought wasn’t scary, but it freaked you out?
- Have you ever eaten something off the floor? How long had it been sitting there?
Related Post: Fun This or That Questions for Everyone
Fun Kids Truth Questions
- What do you think is cool that others think is dumb?
- Tell us one thing we don’t know about you. (A secret perhaps)
- Tell us about a strange dream you’ve had.
- What does your dream room look like?
- If you could eat dessert for breakfast, what would you eat?
- If you received $100 to do whatever you wanted with, what would you do with it?
- What do you wish your parents would and wouldn’t do?
- If you had three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Have you ever pretended to be asleep but then stayed up really late?
- Have you ever told someone you were a different age than you actually are?
- What is one thing you have to do every day that you wish you didn’t have to?
- If you could buy anything at the store right now, what would it be?
- Have you ever been so into a book you couldn’t put it down? What book?
- If you could bring one video game to life, which would it be?
- If you HAD to move, where would you prefer to move to?
- What’s the last thing you googled (or asked Alexa about)?
- If you had to have a wild animal as a pet, which would you choose?
- If you could suddenly have a superpower, which would you choose?
- If you ran out of toilet paper, what would you do?
- Have you ever pretended to like a gift that you didn’t?
- If you formed a band today, what would you name your band?
- If you could invent a holiday, what would it be?
- If you could swap lives with anyone for a week, who would you swap lives with?
*For a fun variation on truth or dare questions for kids, check out
Embarrassing Truth Questions for Kids
- What is something weird you do every day?
- Have you ever cheated during a game?
- Have you ever worn dirty underwear?
- Did you change your underwear this morning?
- Have you ever seen your Christmas (or birthday) presents ahead of time?
- Have you ever faked being sick to stay home from school?
- Have you kissed anyone before?
- Have you ever hid a bad grade before?
- Have you ever walked into a wall?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- Do you still get nervous about monsters?
- Do you have a crush on anyone?
– What is one little kid show you still love?
- What’s the weirdest thing in your room right now?
- Have you ever accidentally sneezed on someone?
- Have you ever peed (or pooped) in a pool before?
- Have you ever said anything embarrassing around your crush?
- What is something embarrassing your parents do?
- Have you ever farted and blamed it on someone else?
- Have you ever had a hole in your pants and not known it?
- What has been your most embarrassing moment?
- Have you ever fallen in front of a group of people?
- Do you think farts ever smell good?
- Have you ever eaten something out of the trash?
- Have you ever farted in an elevator?
- Do you ever talk to yourself in the mirror?
- Have you ever had head lice?
- Have you ever had an embarrassing rash before?
Deep Truth Questions
- When was the last time you cried? What did you cry about?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you obsessive about?
- What’s a big mistake you’ve made?
- What is something you’ve said that you wish you could take back?
- When have you gotten into the most trouble?
- What is one thing you would do if you knew you wouldn’t get into trouble?
- What is one thing you’d change if you could about your life?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- What is one job you would never want to do?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
– What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
- If you had to leave your house and could only grab one thing, what would it be?
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- Do you want to have kids when you grow up? Why or why not?
- What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s the unluckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- When was the last time you felt jealous? What was it over?
- If you could have any three wishes granted, what would you wish for?
- Have you ever spent money on something and you now regret it?
- What’s your favorite thing you own?
Creative Truth Questions for Friends
Finally, these truth questions to ask are fun for a gathering or a sleepover of friends.
- What’s the nicest thing a friend has done for you?
- What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for a friend?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done with your friends?
- What’s something you’ve done with your friends that old people do?
- Do your friends know if or who you have a crush on?
- Do you have a secret talent your friends don’t know about?
- What’s the best prank you’ve ever played on someone?
- What’s your favorite home-cooked meal?
- Are you afraid of ghosts?
- What’s an odd smell that you actually think smells good?
- Have you ever peeked at Christmas presents early?
- If you had to be one, which Harry Potter character would you be?
- If you could be any celebrity, who would you be?
- Would you rather have another sibling or another pet?
- Have you ever held a snake?
- Have you ever held a tarantula?
- What’s one thing animal you would never, ever touch?
- What’s the best time you’ve ever had with friends?
- Are you a chocolate or vanilla kind of person?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- Do you drool in your sleep?
- Do you write in a journal or diary?
- Which player in the group would survive a zombie apocalypse?
How to Play the Truth or Dare Game
Most of us know the classic game, but it’s simple if you don’t.
1. Grab access to a ready-made kids truth or dare game below, print out the list, or pull up your phone with the kids dares and truth questions.
2. Start with the youngest player. (Or oldest if you prefer)
3. Each player takes a turn and decides to do a truth or dare. Then, the player pulls from a pile (of truths or dares) or other members decide on a good truth or dare question for that person.
4. Continue to go around the circle (or room) until you get tired of the game. Vote on the most interesting truth or dare performed, and that’s the winner 🙂
Note: To make sure everyone is comfortable with the game, let each player have a “free pass” in which they choose one truth or dare they do not have to do.
Watch Our Truth or Dare Family Game!
Here’s what we are the truths and dares for kids we loved most when playing this game at home.
Grab a Free Kids Truth or Dare Game Pdf
For more great printables like this, grab access below!
To Consider With Kid Dares & Truth Questions
I hope you loved this list of truth or dare questions for kids. Get to playing with your family soon! It will produce a lot of giggles and make for an incredible bonding experience.
Other Family Questions You’ll Love…
- Funny & Fun Questions Your Family Will Love
- How Well You Know Me Quiz Questions
- Creative Ice Breaker Questions Kids & Adults Love
- Fun Questions With Yes or No Answers