What are some good icebreaker questions?
These good ice breaker questions will save the day when you’re faced with a new situation at home, school, or work! Because meeting new people is not easy. We are sometimes faced with uncertainty and awkwardness. And for kids, and adults alike, it’s outside of our comfort zone.
But there are many amazing benefits to creating new relationships! It gives you a chance to learn something new, be inspired, find opportunities, build confidence, and simply be happier by connecting to others.
So, let’s give others a chance! Enjoy these good, clean questions to get to know another person. They are separated into:
- Great ice breaker questions for kids, teens, adults, and small groups.
No one is left out!
Good Ice Breaker Questions for Kids
First, you’ll find questions that help kids (or students) relax into a conversation and express their favorite ideas.
- Where is your favorite place to go?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. What animal would you like to have for a pet?
4. What do you LOVE to do?
5. Who is your best friend?
6. What’s the best thing about being a kid?
7. How many people are in your family?
8. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
9. How are you similar and different from your siblings?
10. What is your favorite color?
11. When is your birthday?
12. What are you good at?
13. What is your favorite animal?
14. What is your favorite game?
15. What is your favorite thing to learn?
16. What is your least favorite chore? What chore do you not mind doing?
17. What is it about your family that is unique?
18. What is something you noticed you improved in recently?
19. What do you daydream about?
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
21. If you could fly like a superhero for a day, where would you go?
22. What is your favorite holiday?
23. If you could make up a holiday, what would it be?
24. What is your favorite season?
26. What is not real, but you really wish it was?
27. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
28. If you had to cross a parched desert or an unknown jungle, which would you pick?
29. What makes you laugh the hardest?
30. Who makes the best movie villain? Why?
31. If you could eat one dessert every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
32. What is your favorite food?
33. What is the best joke you know?
34. Which topping is the best to put on pizza?
35. Who is your favorite person to play with?
36. What spot would make the best secret hideout?
37. If you could meet any famous person (past or present), who would you meet?
38. What is your favorite sport?
39. What do you like to do before you go to bed?
40. What is your favorite book?
41. If you could be any cartoon character, who would it be?
42. What do you think of school?
43. How do you get to school? What do you do when you get there?
44. What are your parents like?
45. If you knew your parents would say yes, what would you do today?
46. If you were a superhero, which superhero would you be? (Batman, Wonderwoman, etc.)
47. What do you love about your birthday?
48. What are you most grateful for about being a kid?
49. If you woke up tomorrow with magical powers what would you do? What power would you hope to have?
50. If you were to give your family a nickname, what would it be?
*See here for more awesome kids questions!
Ice Breaker Questions for Teens
Next, these fun and funny ice breaker questions will get any teens or older kids out of their shells!
51. What’s the best thing about being a teenager?
52. If you reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you be?
53. What’s your favorite tv show?
54. Which piece of technology do you own that you think you couldn’t live without?
55. What’s your favorite vacation?
56. Where is one place you would like to travel?
57. Have you ever been to the beach?
58. What is your favorite song?
59. Where do you most like to listen to music?
60. What song do you not like that gets stuck in your head?
61. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
62. Do you have any hobbies?
63. What is one thing you would like to learn?
64. Where is your favorite place to eat?
65. What’s your favorite thing to do right when you wake up?
66. If someone texted you right now, who would you want it to be?
67. Do you eat with your mouth open?
68. What are your favorite and least favorite classes at school?
69. What is something your parents don’t do anymore, and you wish they still did?
70. What makes you happy?
71. What is your biggest pet peeve?
72. What rule makes no sense to you?
73. What’s the weirdest/craziest fashion trend you tried?
74. What’s your favorite emoji?
75. What is one thing that you couldn’t live without (that’s not technology)?
76. Do you like video games? What is your favorite?
77. If you worked at the zoo, what would you want to do?
78. If you had as much money as you wanted for one day only, what would you do?
79. If you were to invent something new, what would it be?
80. Who has been your favorite teacher and why?
81. Who has been your least favorite teacher and why?
82. What is something your parents say that embarrases you?
83. What is something your parents do that makes you laugh?
84. Are you a breakfast person?
85. What is one weird thing you do (that other people may not do)?
86. What’s the most unusual thing in your room right now?
87. What’s your favorite social media app? What’s an app you can’t stand?
88. If you could only keep 2 apps on your phone, what would they be?
89. What are you looking forward to in the next week or month?
90. What is your earliest childhood memory?
91. What’s the most boring part of your day? What’s the most exciting?
92. What’s one adventurous thing that you’d love to try?
93. What is your absolute favorite sound in the world?
94. What motivates you?
95. What words could someone say to you that would completely freak you out?
96. When has a stranger thought you were a complete weirdo?
97. What’s the best food you’ve ever made yourself?
98. What was something great that happened to you this week?
99. What are the social groups (cliches) in your school, and are you in one?
100. What are you most looking forward to in becoming an adult? What are you least looking forward to?
Don’t miss the would you rather questions for teens and kids!
Good Ice Breaker Questions for Adults
It can be harder to connect as an adult, but these interesting ice breaker questions will help you open up!
101. What’s your job?
102. If you could do anything for a living, what would it be?
103. What’s the best pet you’ve ever had? Why?
104. What are the three best decisions you’ve made in your life?
105. What’s a decision you made that didn’t work out but you learned from?
106. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
107. Where is your favorite spot in the world? (Could be traveling or your favorite blue chair…)
108. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?
109. If you could take out something from your typical day, what would it be?
110. What’s the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents or family still talk about?
111. If you could put anything on a billboard that others would see, what would it be?
112. What is a habit you picked up from childhood that you still do?
113. Who do you admire?
114. What is your favorite smell?
115. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
116. If you were to enter a photography competition, what would you take pictures of?
117. If your life was made into a book, what would the title be?
118. What show on Netflix have you binge watched the fastest?
119. What type of music do you prefer?
120. What song makes you feel like dancing?
121. What do you think are the top 3 traits a person should have?
122. What is your favorite way to get physical activity?
123. What’s one thing you wish you had stuck with in childhood?
124. What is your ideal day?
125. What has been the biggest challenge you’ve overcome?
126. What is your guilty pleasure?
127. What has been the best purchase of your life?
128. What was the worst purchase you ever made?
129. What is your favorite time of day?
130. If you took a year off and could do anything you wanted for a year, what would you do?
131. What was the last thing you bought?
132. What is something you really hate paying for?
133. What did you get in the MOST trouble for when you were a kid?
134. What is the best book you’ve ever read? (find some great books for women HERE)
135. What is your all time favorite movie?
136. What is the most challenging job you’ve ever had? Did it teach you anything?
138. What movie has traumatized you for life? (I Am Legend did it for me…)
139. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever seen?
140. Do you like to garden? Are you good or bad at keeping plants alive?
141. What is one thing you have to do to fall asleep at night?
142. What simple pleasure do you most enjoy? (Find an amazing list of simple pleasures HERE)
143. What are you most grateful for as an adult?
144. What do you most love to do in your free time?
145. What is something you hate to do in your free time?
146. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?
147. If you could tell your 15 year old self one thing, what would it be?
148. What would you want people to say about you when you’re gone?
149. If you were ever to be arrested, what’s the most likely thing you’d be arrested for?
150. What event do you look back on and are thankful you’re still alive?
Related Post: Creative Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Ice Breaker Questions for Small Groups
And finally, these good ice breaker questions are amazing for gatherings, groups of students, or any team-building activities. They promote discussion in a unique way!
151. What’s one thing no one in this group knows about you?
152. If you had a day to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
153. If you had $100 that you had to give away today, who would you give it to?
154. What’s your most beloved tv series of all time?
155. How many countries have you visited?
156. Do you prefer the beach, forest, or mountains?
157. What is one thing you’ve done that terrified you at the time?
158. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
159. Are you a morning person or a night person?
160. What’s the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
161. Would you rather spend all day inside or all day outside?
162. If you started a club or group, what would it be about?
163. If you could be any age, what age would you be?
164. If you could ask any person in the world one thing, who and what would you ask?
165. Have you ever won anything cool?
166. If your house burned down (no one was in it) and you could only save one thing from it, what would it be?
167. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
168. What’s your absolute favorite thing to work on when you’re working?
169. Do you have any hidden talents?
170. What’s your happiest life memory?
171. What’s the last dream you had?
172. If you started a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
173. Are you a person that likes to set goals? What about New Year’s Resolutions?
174. What goal are you most proud of accomplishing?
175. If you had to do one dance move in front of a group, what would it be?
176. If you had to karoake one song in front of a group, what would it be?
177. If people started colonizing Mars, would you go?
178. If you could time travel in your own life only, what time period would you go to?
179. What does your name mean? (Has it been passed down? Does it have a story?)
180. What are 3 things you are grateful for in your life today?
181. If you had to sum yourself up in one word, what would that word be?
182. Do you believe in ghosts?
183. What do you feel is taboo in our culture that really needs to not be?
184. If you had to change your name, what would you want your new name to be?
185. What law do think needs to be made?
186. Which law do you think needs to be abolished?
187. If you went on a trip, but could only bring three things, what would they be?
188. If you won the multi-million dollar lottery, what would you do with the money?
189. If you have a significant other, where did you meet?
190. When you are nervous, do you talk a lot or are you quiet?
191. Where is the last place on Earth you would go?
192. What is your favorite activity for relieving stress?
193. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
194. What is the best gift you have ever received?
195. What historical event from the past do you think is a conspiracy?
196. If you were to start your own business, what would you do?
197. Do you think our technology improves our lives or destroys them?
198. What do you think is the meaning of life?
199. What is your version of success? And what does “happiness” mean to you?
200. If you met an alien from another planet, and you had to sum up the human species in one sentence, what would you say?
To Consider With Your Icebreaker Questions
If you use these fun icebreakers, you’ll notice an immediate sense of comfort and depth in the room. And what you’ll find is that we all have commonalities that bring us together. And differences too, that make us all unique and interesting human beings.
So, what do you think are the best ice breaker questions? Have you used them with kids or groups? I’d love to know!
For more on the benefits of meeting people, check out this article >>
Find more popular posts at HHI…
- The Best Quotes for Overcoming Adversity – Messages that will inspire to beat your biggest obstacles.
- 95 Fearless Self-Love Affirmations – change the way you think about yourself.
- The Big List of Non-Toy Gifts for Kids – no more junk!