What would a person with the growth mindset say?
Today, we’re looking at growth mindset quotes that inspire you to live in courage and strength. All of the people below became extraordinary because of their growth mindset. So, use their sayings as your lifeboat when you need support, as well as a springboard to skyrocket your growth.
What is the growth mindset?
Our “view of life” drives our most basic thoughts and actions. The latest research tells us that there are two types of mindsets: fixed and growth.
“A fixed mindset” person thinks that our levels of intelligence, character, and ability are permanent. We are what we are, and extraordinary people were born that way.
A “growth mindset” person believes that growth is limitless. They challenge themselves daily and use failure as a stepping stone for progress.
So, a big deal!
Epic Growth Mindset Quotes for the Family
Now, you’ll also find quotes great for kids below! These quotes are shorter, straightforward, and direct.
This post is divided into: sayings about learning, breaking out of your comfort zone, failure, the process of becoming, never giving up, and quotes that work well for families too.
How to Use the Growth Mindset Quotes
Here are fun ways to use the famous quotes below for yourself or your kids:
- Write one on the mirror with a dry erase marker
- Print the free wall art below and put it on the wall
- Read one to your family at mealtimes (discuss what the quote means)
- Pull one out of a jar when someone needs a boost
75 Inspirational Growth Mindset Quotes
Now, let’s dig in!
Always Keep Learning Quotes
It’s not about intelligence. It’s about what you do with the talents and gifts you have. So, never stop learning!
1. “A man’s mind, stretched by new ideas, may never return to its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
2. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
4. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Ben Franklin – check
5. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” – Helen Keller
6. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.“ – Jim Rohn
7. “After every difficulty, ask yourself two questions: “What did I do right?” and “What would I do differently?” – Brian Tracy
8. “I don’t divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures. . .I divide the world into the learners and the non-learners.” – Benjamin Barber
9. “Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can; there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” – Sarah Caldwell
Leave Your Safe Harbor Quotes
In order to live a growth mindset, you must leave the comfort of what’s safe for you. Not sure how to do that? Check out these 50 small ideas to get a little uncomfortable!
10. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
11. “Don’t be too timid and squimish with your actions. All life is an experiment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it.” Vincent Van Gogh
13. “Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.” – A. Sachs
14. “We find comfort among those who agree with us, and growth among those who don’t.” – Frank A. Clark
15. “The people who think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
18. “If you find a path with no obstacles it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
It’s Ok to Fail. In fact, It’s Necessary!
Failure is simply data. If you look at it like the magnificent learning tool it is, you’ll grow by leaps and bounds. These positive growth mindset quotes will help you do it!
19. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. But it is the ability to resist or use failure that often leads to success.” – J.K. Rowling
20. Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. — Sherman Finesilver
21. “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail. It’s that we aim too low and succeed.” – Michelangelo
22. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” – Thomas Watson
23. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
*Move on from mistakes faster with these fierce self-love affirmations.
24. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
25. “There is no failure. Only feedback.” — Robert Allen
26. “There’s no such thing as failure, only results.” – Tony Robbins
27. “Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
If you’ve been experiencing setbacks, read these inspiring adversity quotes.
The Fun is in the Becoming Sayings
Now, focus on growing. Enjoy the process. In the end, isn’t all of life a process?
28. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
29. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
30. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
31. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
*Use these motivational tips to help you do your best!
32. “Effort is grossly underrated.” — Gary Vaynerchuk
33. “There is always a step small enough from where we are to get us to where we want to be. If we take that small step, there’s always another we can take, and eventually a goal thought to be too far to reach becomes achievable.” – Ellen Langer
34. “The best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.” – Wallace Wattles
35. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
36. “We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary. ” – Carol Dweck
37. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
38. “If you improve 1% a day, then in 100 days, guess what? You’re 100% better.” – Ken Carter
39. A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it. — Ray Davis
Don’t Give Up Quotes About Growth Mindset
And most importantly, don’t give in. Because the point that you feel like giving up is where the magic happens.
40. “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
41. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
42. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
43. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
44. “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.” — Voltaire
45. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
46. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
47. “There are three musts that hold us back: I must do well. You must treat me well. And the world must be easy.” – Albert Ellis
48. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'” – Mary Anne Radmacher
*This quote helped me immensely through my miscarriages.
Powerful Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids Too
And finally, these positive growth mindset quotes are perfect for inspiring kids and adults alike!
49. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible.'” – Audrey Hepburn
50. “Love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort and keep on learning.” – Carol Dweck
51. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
52. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” — Muhammad Ali
53. “Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.” – Leonardo da Vinci
54. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
55. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
56. “Becoming is better than being.” — Carol Dweck
57. “Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.” – James Dewar
58. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
59. “She never minded admitting she didn’t know something. So what, she thought, I could always learn.” ― Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet the Spy
60. “Failure is growth in wolf’s clothing.” – Robin Sharma
61. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
62. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
63. “It’s does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
64. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.” – Elbert Hubbard
65. “You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.” – John Wooden
66. “Always do what you are afraid of doing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
67. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” – Jack Sparrow
68. “Believe you can and you are halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
69. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
70. “Dreams won’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
71. “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is. But they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
72. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
73. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
74. “It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
75. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
Do you need extra motivation? Try one of these fun rewards for kids!
Free Growth Mindset Quotes pdf
To Consider With Growth Mindset Quotes
I leave you with one last quote:
“Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.”– James Baldwin
So, if you have kids, remember that YOU are their model. Children do what they see, not what they’re told. If you want others to have a growth mindset, develop an unbeatable one in yourself.
What are your favorite growth mindset quotes? I’d love to know!
Other personal growth posts from HHI…
- 27 Beautiful Morning Affirmations – easy saying to get your mind right in the morning.
- The Best Books for Empowerment – books to inspire and motivate you.
- The Big List of Habits to Change Your Life – small changes = big results!