How do you get a grateful attitude?
It’s a question I’ve been asking myself often these days.
Like many others, stress and anxiety have been high in our home this year. At times, I feel I’ve lost perspective.
Last week, I sat at my gratitude journal and took loooong minutes trying to recall just a few blessings. It was a struggle.
But, then I watched the popular Broadway show Hamilton and remembered that just being born in my country and time period is an INCREDIBLE blessing. How could I ever forget this?
This post contains affiliate links, at no cost to you. Thank you for helping keep this blog running. See my disclaimer for more.
So, let’s take a step towards remembering the blessings in our lives through gratitude quotes.
And develop an attitude of gratitude that we can take into our days with a sense of appreciation and wonder. Regardless of outside circumstances and any hardships we face, there is always good to be found.
*Read these easy gratitude practices if you’re looking for more ways to increase your thankfulness.
The Power of Gratitude Messages
But, why are these gratitude messages so important?
We ALL need reminders to appreciate the small, often overlooked goodness in the day.
Because being grateful makes you happier (source). When you choose to savor the good stuff, you are enhancing your positive emotions, tossing depression to the curb, and turning yourself into a more optimistic and giving person.
Couldn’t we ALL use a little more of that?
Attitude of Gratitude Quotes for the Family
Furthermore, since many of us have kids, the following gratitude quotes are split into:
- Inspirational gratitude quotes for anyone
- Simple quotes that are perfect for families with kids
- A free wall art printable for your home!
Post these quotes around your house, draw them out of a jar at dinnertime, or read one every day at breakfast.
Before you know it, you’ll be appreciating your life in new and profound ways.
50 Profound Gratitude Messages
- “The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” —Albert Einstein
3. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph H. Blum
4. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
5. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” —Alphonse Karr
6. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
7. “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
8. “Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” —Charles Dickens
9. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
10. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
11. “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
Check out these other posts with FREE printables that make you feel grateful:
12. “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.” —Bethany Hamilton
13. “When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” —Tecumseh
14. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
15. “Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seekers life – in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes.” -Sri Chinmoy
16. “Remember that what you now have was once among the things that you had hoped for.” – Epicurus
17. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire
18. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” —Melody Beattie
19. “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” – William James
20. “The root of joy is gratefulness.” –David Steindl-Rast
21. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” —Cicero
22. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brene Brown
23. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” -Robert Brault
24. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
25. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” —Henri Frederic Amiel
26. “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” —Michael Josephson
27. “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” -Naomi Williams
28. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ― Melody Beattie
29. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” —Charles Schwab
30. “Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” – Larissa Gomez
31. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” —Gilbert K. Chesterton
Other inspiring quote posts to read:
32. “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” -John Wooden
33. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
34. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” —Hannah Whitall Smith
35. “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” -Alfred North Whitehead
36. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” —Thornton Wilder
37. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” —W. T. Purkiser
38. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” —Jim Rohn
39. “I looked around and thought about my life. I felt grateful. I noticed every detail. That is the key to time travel. You can only move if you are actually in the moment. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.” – Amy Poehler
40. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
41. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
42. “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ― G.K. Chesterton
43. “Forget yesterday–it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow–you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift–today.” -Steve Maraboli
44. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” –Dietrich Bonhoeffer
45. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
46. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” – Melody Beattie
47. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
48. “It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” – Anonymous
49. “When you look at life through the eyes of gratitude, the world becomes a magical and amazing place.” – Jennifer Gayle
50. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to seek the miraculous in the common.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Related Post: How to Improve Your Life With a Journal
10 Tremendous Gratitude Quotes for Kids
1. “This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” —Maya Angelou
2. “God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you?” – William Arthur Ward
3. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
These sweet love quotes are also perfect for kids!
4. “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” – Robert Braathe
5. “My socks may not match, but my feet are always warm.” -Maureen McCullough
6. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
7. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” – A.A. Milne in Winnie-the-Pooh
8. “If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.” -Steve Maraboli
9. “Through the eyes of gratitude, everything is a miracle.” -Mary Davis
10. “The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsh
Other beautiful posts for children:
- Free Printable Notes to Give Kids
- Powerful affirmations for kids (coming soon!)
Grab the Free Gratitude Quotes Printable Now!
To further your inspiration, find a free printable with 50 gratitude journal prompts here!
Something to Consider With Gratitude Messages
Now, let’s move forward with our eyes wide open to the wonders and joys that surround us. Join me in putting these gratitude quotes in your home or office to encourage an attitude of gratitude for yourself and your kids this year.
Finally, for even more personal inspiration check out A Year of Positive Thinking. It uses daily exercises (backed by science) to help you get your mindset right in the coming year!
Other Healthy Happy Impactful posts you may enjoy….
- 17 Ways to Spread Positivity – Easy ways to bring light to others.
- The Best Inspirational Books for Women in 2021 – Books to learn and grow this year!
- 27 Positive Daily Affirmations for Women – what we say to ourselves matters!