How Do You Define Love to a Child?
Have you ever tried to define love? It’s incredibly difficult! Especially the kind of unconditional love a parent feels for their child.
But sweet love quotes for kids can paint a vivid picture of this powerful emotion. And therefore, they come in very handy when trying to express ourselves to our family.
What to Do With These Love Quotes
There are so many different ways to use the inspiring quotes in this post!
Here are just a few great ideas:
- When you talk about love with your child
- Write them in greeting cards
- Put them in photo books
- Put them in your own love messages to your kids
- Read a quote to your child before bed or at dinnertime
- Add a quote to your morning affirmations to remind yourself how lucky you are
Not matter what the situation, these quotes express the true depth of your emotion to a child that means the world to you.
In this post you’ll find four different types of quotes:
- Cute love quotes for younger kids
- Deeper Quotes for older kids
- Quotes to teach kids about love
- Quotes about a parent’s love for a child
Let’s get to them!
10 Cute Love Quotes for Younger Kids
These cute love quotes for kids (from parents) are both simple and adorable. And many of them are straight from our most beloved children’s books.
1. “How do you spell ‘love’? – Piglet “You don’t spell it you feel it.” – Pooh
2. “My love will find you wherever you are.” Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You – Nancy Tillman
3.“I’ll love you forever / I’ll like you for always / As long as I’m living / My baby you’ll be.”– Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
4. “I love your happy side, your sad side, your silly side, your mad side,
I love your fingers and toes, your ears and nose.
I love your hair and eyes, your giggles and cries.
I love you running and walking, silent and talking.
I love you through and through… yesterday, today and tomorrow too.” – I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
5. “As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen” – Pooh
6. “I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon.” – Skidamarink
7. “But Mama, but Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk,
and I smelled so bad my name was Stinky Face?”
“Then I would give you a bath and sprinkle you with sweet-smelling powder. And if you still smelled bad, I wouldn’t mind,
and I would whisper in your ear, ‘I love you, Stinky Face.’” – Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
8. “Love is sweet…and love is GRAND!
Sometimes love…is just holding hands.
It’s a feeling inside. It’s a smile in your heart.
It keeps us together when we’re apart.” Love is You and Me – Monica Sheehan
9. “And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
10.“Whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home,
just press your hand to your cheek and think, ‘Mommy loves you.
Mommy loves you.”- The Kissing Hand by Audry Penn
10 Quotes for Older Kids
The following “I love my children quotes and sayings” are perfect for pre-teen and teenagers to understand the seemingly impossible depths of your love for them.
- “If I have to choose between breathing and loving my children, I would use my last breath to tell them “I love you.” – unknown
2. “When I tell you I love you; I don’t say it out of habit or to make a conversation. I say it to remind you that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” – Unknown
3. “I may not be perfect but when I look at my children I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.” – unknown
4. “Always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.” – Pooh
5. “My greatest wish is that my kids always know how much I love them, and that they walk through the rest of their life knowing I’ll always be there for them anyway I can.” – Unknown
6. “If I could give my child three things, it would be the confidence to always know their self-worth, the strength to follow their dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved they are.” – unknown
7. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.”Hellen Rice
8. “In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes. Shine on, my child.” – Unknown
9. “The day you came into my life, I knew what my purpose was. To love and protect you with everything I have.” – unknown
10. “Butterflies have wings, so they can fly. Fish have gills, so they can swim. Bunnies have four legs, so they can run. I have a heart, so I can love you.” – Unknown
15 Quotes to Teach Kids About What Love Is
These beautiful quotes help kids understand the emotion of love and how essential to life it is.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”Helen Keller
2. “When you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be.” – Leo Tolstoy
3. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
4. “The supreme happiness of life consists in the conviction that one is loved.” – Victor Hugo
5. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
7. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” – Sophocles
8. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
9. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
10.“There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
11.The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
12.“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
13.“I could never love where I could not respect.” – Charlotte Elizabeth Aisse
14. Where there is great love there are always miracles.” – Willa Cather
15.“The more one judges, the less one loves.” – Honore de Balzac
Related Quote Posts:
- Quotes to Develop Your Attitude of Gratitude This Fall
- Fierce Quotes to Help You Get out of Your Comfort Zone
- 75 Bold Quotes About Overcoming Adversity
30 Quotes About a Parents Love for a Child
Finally, these parent love quotes explain the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world, and why we do what we do.
1. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. – Mitch Albom
2. “Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It’s extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out, to realize your love is inexhaustible.” –Uma Thurman
3.. The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day. – O. A. Battista
4. “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” –Nicholas Sparks
5. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” –Henry Ward Beecher
6. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – unknown
7. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.“– Sue Atkins
8. “In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.” –Lisa T. Shepherd
9. “Mother’s love is bliss. Is peace. It need not be acquired. It need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
10. “I’ve never loved anybody the way I love my children.” –Katey Sagal
11. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever.” – J.K. Rowling
12. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.” – Nadia Boulanger
13. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
14. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
15. “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.” – Roald Dahl
16. “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” – Harold Hulbert
17. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “I love all my children, but some of them I don’t like.” – Lillian Gordy Carter
19. “My feeling of responsibility for the safety and well-being of my children is so strong, that should an asteroid threaten to wipe out all life on earth, I would still hold myself responsible for their fate.” – Boghos L. Artinian
20. “As soon as this child was born I immediately wanted to call my parents and just apologise because I never knew how much they loved me.” – Ashton Kutcher
21. “Accept the children the way we accept trees with gratitude, because they are a blessing, but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are.” – Isabel Allende
23. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
24. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
25. “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
26. “Until one becomes a mother, no one can ever tell you what it feels like to love someone so deeply and profoundly that you will rejoice when they rejoice, ache when they ache, feel what they feel, even without speaking a word.” – Jennifer Quinn
27. “Kids go where there is excitement. They stay where there is love.” – Zig Ziglar
28. “Children make your life important.” – Erma Bombeck
29. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
30. “I’d walk through fire for my daughter. Well not FIRE, because it’s dangerous. But a super humid room. But not too humid, because my hair.” – Ryan Reynolds
Something to Consider With These Sayings
That’s it! The last one was thrown in because it will make you laugh! And if you’re looking for a super simple way to show kids love through messages, sign up for the free love notes below!
What are your favorite inspirational love quotes for kids?
Other family posts to enjoy…
- 200 Would You Rather Questions for Kids
- 85 Creative Birthday Questions & Interview for Kids
- Meaningful Non Toy Gift Ideas for Kids