How Do You Define Love to a Child?
Have you ever tried to define love? It’s incredibly difficult! Especially the kind of unconditional love a parent feels for their child.
But sweet love quotes for kids can paint a vivid picture of this powerful emotion. And therefore, they come in handy when trying to express ourselves to our family.
What to Do With These Love Quotes
There are so many different ways to use the inspiring quotes below!
Here are just a few great ideas:
- Use them when you talk about love with your child.
- Write them in Valentine’s Day or Birthday cards.
- Put them in photo books.
- Put them in your own love messages to your kids.
- Read a quote to your child before bed or at dinnertime.
- Pair a few with these free love coupons!
- Add a quote to your morning affirmations to remind yourself how lucky you are.
- Use as daily words of encouragement for your chidren.
No matter what the situation, these quotes express the true depth of emotion to a child that means the world to you.
In this post you’ll find four different types of quotes:
- Cute love quotes for younger kids
- Deeper quotes for older kids
- Quotes to teach kids about love
- Quotes about a parent’s love for a child
Let’s get to them!
11 Cute Love Quotes for Younger Kids
These cute love quotes for kids (from parents) are both simple and adorable. And many of them are straight from our most beloved children’s books.
1. “How do you spell ‘love’? – Piglet “You don’t spell it you feel it.” – Pooh
2. “My love will find you wherever you are.” Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You – Nancy Tillman
3.“I’ll love you forever / I’ll like you for always / As long as I’m living / My baby you’ll be.”– Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
4. “I love your happy side, your sad side, your silly side, your mad side,
I love your fingers and toes, your ears and nose.
I love your hair and eyes, your giggles and cries.
I love you running and walking, silent and talking.
I love you through and through… yesterday, today and tomorrow too.” – I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
5. “As soon as I saw you I knew a grand adventure was about to happen” – Pooh
6. “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.” – David Wilkerson
8. “But Mama, but Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk,
and I smelled so bad my name was Stinky Face?”
“Then I would give you a bath and sprinkle you with sweet-smelling powder. And if you still smelled bad, I wouldn’t mind,
and I would whisper in your ear, ‘I love you, Stinky Face.’” – Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
9. “Love is sweet…and love is GRAND!
Sometimes love…is just holding hands.
It’s a feeling inside. It’s a smile in your heart.
It keeps us together when we’re apart.” Love is You and Me – Monica Sheehan
10. “And she loved a little boy very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
11.“Whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home,
just press your hand to your cheek and think, ‘Mommy loves you.
Mommy loves you.”- The Kissing Hand by Audry Penn
Related Post: 150 Epic Kids Thoughts of the Day
10 Quotes for Older Kids
The following “I love my children quotes and sayings” are perfect for pre-teen and teenagers to understand the seemingly impossible depths of your love for them.
1. “If I have to choose between breathing and loving my children, I would use my last breath to tell them “I love you.” – unknown
2. “When I tell you I love you; I don’t say it out of habit or to make a conversation. I say it to remind you that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” – Unknown
3. “I may not be perfect but when I look at my children I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.” – unknown
4. “Always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.” – Pooh
5. “My greatest wish is that my kids always know how much I love them, and that they walk through the rest of their life knowing I’ll always be there for them anyway I can.” – Unknown
6. “If I could give my child three things, it would be the confidence to always know their self-worth, the strength to follow their dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved they are.” – unknown
8. “In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes. Shine on, my child.” – Unknown
9. “The day you came into my life, I knew what my purpose was. To love and protect you with everything I have.” – unknown
10. “Butterflies have wings, so they can fly. Fish have gills, so they can swim. Bunnies have four legs, so they can run. I have a heart, so I can love you.” – Unknown
More related quotes posts:
If you’re looking for a super simple way to show kids love through messages, grab access to the free love notes!
20 Quotes to Teach Kids About What Love Is
These beautiful quotes help kids understand the emotion of love and how essential to life it is.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”Helen Keller
2. “When you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be.” – Leo Tolstoy
3. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
4. “The supreme happiness of life consists in the conviction that one is loved.” – Victor Hugo
5. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
7. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” – Sophocles
8. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
9. “‘Love’ is that condition in which happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
10. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
11.“There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
12.The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
13.“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
14.“I could never love where I could not respect.” – Charlotte Elizabeth Aisse
15. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” – Elbert Hubbard
17. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
18. Where there is great love there are always miracles.” – Willa Cather
19.“The more one judges, the less one loves.” – Honore de Balzac
20. “All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Other types of inspirational quotes:
*Want to build connection with your kids? Check out family growth pack! It has 65+ easy downloads to increase gratitude, connection, and mindset in kids!
30 Quotes About a Parents Love for a Child
Finally, these parent love quotes explain the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world, and why we do what we do.
1. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. – Mitch Albom
2. “Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It’s extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out, to realize your love is inexhaustible.” –Uma Thurman
4. “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” –Nicholas Sparks
6. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – unknown
7. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.“– Sue Atkins
8. “In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.” –Lisa T. Shepherd
9. “Mother’s love is bliss. Is peace. It need not be acquired. It need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
10. “I’ve never loved anybody the way I love my children.” –Katey Sagal
11. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply .. will give us some protection forever.” – J.K. Rowling
12. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.” – Nadia Boulanger
13. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
14. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
15. “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.” – Roald Dahl
16. “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” – Harold Hulbert
17. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “I love all my children, but some of them I don’t like.” – Lillian Gordy Carter
19. “My feeling of responsibility for the safety and well-being of my children is so strong, that should an asteroid threaten to wipe out all life on earth, I would still hold myself responsible for their fate.” – Boghos L. Artinian
20. “As soon as this child was born I immediately wanted to call my parents and just apologize because I never knew how much they loved me.” – Ashton Kutcher
21. “Accept the children the way we accept trees with gratitude, because they are a blessing, but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are.” – Isabel Allende
23. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
24. “Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
25. “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
26. “Until one becomes a mother, no one can ever tell you what it feels like to love someone so deeply and profoundly that you will rejoice when they rejoice, ache when they ache, feel what they feel, even without speaking a word.” – Jennifer Quinn
27. “Kids go where there is excitement. They stay where there is love.” – Zig Ziglar
28. “Children make your life important.” – Erma Bombeck
29. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
30. “To understand your parents’ love you must raise children yourself.” –Chinese Proverb
Related: Boy Mom Quotes To Make You Smile
20 Funny Parenting Quotes About Love & Care
Finally, these I love my kids quotes will get you laughing too!
1. “Having children is like living in a frat house- nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.”– Ray Romano
2. “I’d walk through fire for my daughter. Well not FIRE, because it’s dangerous. But a super humid room. But not too humid, because my hair.” – Ryan Reynolds
3. “My biggest parenting conundrum: why is it so hard to put someone who is already sleepy to sleep.” – Chrissy Teigen
5. “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.”– Phyllis Diller
6. “I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.” – unknown
7. ” When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is “Please forget.”‘ – @SarcasticMommy4
8. “I thought I’d never be that annoying person, but as soon as Winnie was born, I was showing iPhone snaps to a cab driver.” – Jimmy Fallon
9. “Being a parent is like folding a fitted sheet; no one really knows how.” – unknown
10. “Parenthood is the scariest hood you will ever go through.” – unknown
11. “When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.” – Erma Bombeck
12. “I’ve been building my son’s trust for two yrs with high-fives. Today I’m going to hit him with a ”˜too slow.’ Welcome to the real world, son.” -Trevor Williams
13. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” – unknown
14. “Buying your kid a goldfish is a great way to teach them about responsibility for 24-36 hours” -Conan O’Brien
15. “Before I became a parent, I didn’t know I could ruin someone’s day by asking them to put pants on.” – unknown
16. “Usually the triumph of my day is, you know, everybody making it to the potty.” -Julia Roberts
17. “Mother Nature is providential. She gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers.” -William Galvin
19. “I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane, and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.” -Reese Witherspoon
20. “The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.” – Lane Olinghouse
24 Cute I Love My Child Quotes About Parenting
Finally, parent-child relationship quotes about parenting reveal how we’re always learning and growing.
1. Feeling heard and understood allows children to release their feelings, let go and move on. –Janet Lansbury
2. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” -Mathew L Jacobson
3. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R. Swindoll
4. “If your children fear you, they cannot trust you. If they don’t trust you, they cannot learn from you.“ -Lori Petro
5. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” –Robert Brault
6. “You must first teach a child he is loved. Only then is he ready to learn everything else.” -Amanda Morgan
7. “Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them, all of it has always been big stuff.” -Catherine M Wallace
9. “My message is very simple. Love your kids. Just love them. Love, appreciate, show that you value them, remind them of their greatness, encourage them, respect, honor, trust, and treat them with dignity.” -Eric D Greene
10. “While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.” –Angela Schwindt
11. “It’s time we stop buying the lie that we need to be hard on kids because “the world is hard”. Love them as hard as you can. That’s what they need.” -Tara Vogler
12. “There are times as a parent when you realize that your job is not to be the parent you always imagined you’d be, the parent you always wished you had. Your job is to be the parent your child needs, given the particulars of his or her own life and nature.” -Ayelet Waldman
13. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” – Robert Fulghum
14. “Affirming words from moms and dads are like light switches. Speak a word of affirmation at the right moment in a child’s life, and it’s like lighting up a whole roomful of possibilities.” – Gary Smalley (See the best kids affirmations here)
15. “Children learn to smile from their parents.”– Shinichi Suzuki
16. “‘Before I had my child, I thought I knew all the boundaries of myself, that I understood the limits of my heart. It’s extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out, to realize your love is inexhaustible.’” – Uma Thurman
17. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” – unknown
18. “In my life, you are the sun that never fades and the moon that never wanes. Shine on, my child.” – Unknown
20. “My children are the reason I laugh, smile, and want to get up every morning.” – Gena Lee Nolan
21. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” –Clarence Budinton Kelland
22. “I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.” – Jim Carrey
23. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
24.“ It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” –Felicity Bauer
To Consider With These Sayings
That’s it! The last one was thrown in because it will make you laugh!
What are your favorite inspirational love quotes for kids?
Next, read Meaningful Non Toy Gift Ideas for Kids for useful and unique ideas!
Other family posts to enjoy…
- 200 Would You Rather Questions for Kids – a great way to pass the time while you wait!
- 85 Creative Birthday Questions & Interview for Kids – a free interview to do with kids!