Self-Love Affirmations To Build Esteem & Confidence
Recently, my daughter answered something incorrectly, and after realizing it, said “oh, I’m just being an idiot.”
Days later, as I was talking on the phone with a loved one, she began to cry. To cover up her feelings she muttered “stupid me, it’s fine.”
But NO, it’s not fine. Because once I paid attention, I noticed it again and again from different women (and myself). Self-deprecating insults that often came in the form of a lighthearted, offhanded comment.
Why do we beat ourselves up for everything?
- So you made a mistake. Wonderful! Now you can learn more.
- So you gained weight. You are human.
- So you showed emotion. Isn’t it better to let it out than let it fester?
It’s time we told that internal mean girl to get lost.
Yes, easier said than done, but self love affirmations are an amazing first step.
What are self love affirmations?
First, our mind believes what we tell it. And when it’s something (good or bad) we tell ourselves on repeat, this shapes our thoughts, actions, and ultimately our future. (The lovely law of attraction)
Self love affirmations are sayings that promote confidence, love, and self-esteem. We repeat them daily, and with feeling.
Looking in a mirror/camera or while finishing a shower on cold both have the greatest effect for me. Many others find success by taping them to their shower, bathroom mirror, or another place where they are sure to see them.
In this post you’ll find:
- 75 Powerful Self-love Affirmations
- 14 Inspiring Self Love Quotes
- More Great Ways to Practice Self Love
Why NOT tell yourself every day how beautiful, courageous, and confident you are?
With time, you will believe it in your heart, and it WILL spill over into how you live the rest of your life.
75 Powerful Self-Love Affirmations
Start with a handful of the following positive affirmations and get started changing your beliefs today!
- Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
2. I am more than enough.
3. My needs matter.
4. Peace and happiness are inside of me.
5. I am kind to myself.
6. I follow my own heart, not the expectations of others.
7. I am gentle with myself and my mistakes. I understand they are a great way to learn.
8. I love the person that I am and the person I am becoming.
9. I am not less for making mistakes. I am more because I learn from them.
10. I am strong, beautiful, and confident.
11. I deserve good things to come to me.
12. I am loved. By others and by myself.
13. I accept and love myself as who I am.
14. I set boundaries and respect them.
15. I stand up for myself.
16. I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to.
17. My feelings deserve to be expressed. I allow them to flow.
`18. I am doing my best, and that is enough.
19. I nourish my body, mind, and soul.
20. I make time to take care of myself.
21. I allow myself to love who I am, not who I think I should be.
22. It’s ok to not be ok. I allow myself to feel whatever I need to.
23. Asking for help is a gift I give myself and others.
24. My ____________ (looks, weight, body, etc.) does not measure my worth.
25. I love myself unconditionally.
26. My body tells me what it needs, and I am willing to listen.
27. I care for my health, not to look a certain way.
28. I accept my fears and doubts, and try anyways.
29. I am courageous and brave for trying, even when it’s hard.
30. I allow myself to accept love, prosperity, and abundance.
31. I am exactly who I need to be.
32. I am grateful for this body, this mind, this soul.
33. The only approval I need is my own.
34. I was born to love, and be loved.
35. My natural state is peace and love.
36. I trust myself.
37. One bad day does not make me a bad person. It makes me human.
38. Worrying about what others think is only a distraction to living courageously.
39. I respect myself.
40. I do not expect myself to be perfect.
41. I am proud of myself.
42. I deserve all the good that comes to me.
43. I live my life for me. Not for what others think.
44. I let my love for myself grow every day.
45. I am compassionate with myself when I fail.
46. Imperfections are part of the beautiful of life.
47. I am capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
48. I treat my body with care and love.
49. I am perfect just as I am.
50. I choose to think positively about myself.
51. I let go of the things that hold me back.
52. I wake in the morning loving myself.
53. My last thought before bed is an appreciation for what my mind and body have done for me today.
54. I release my limiting beliefs to step into my inner power.
55. If I trust what’s within me, I am at peace.
56. Every habit I create serves me and reminds me that I can do anything.
57. I let my light shine bright.
58. I cultivate an attitude of gratitude for all that has made me who I am.
59. I open myself to joy, and pleasure, and fun.
60. I release my feelings of guilt and negativity. They do not serve me.
61. I forgive others, as this serves my inner peace.
62. My outside world is a reflection of my inside world. I nourish both.
63. I choose to make my world and my life an amazing place to live.
64. I love myself completely. It is not earned, it is given.
65. I allow myself to heal.
66. My mind is a powerful tool, and I use it to create my future.
67. I am unique and special.
68. No one else has the exact strengths that I have.
69. I express who I am, without hesitation.
70. I am deeply loved, and carry myself in this way.
71. I consult with my inner self to find the truth.
72. My potential is limitless.
73. I am gentle with myself, as a friend would be.
74. I am confident in my abilities.
75. I love fiercely. Onto others and myself.
Which self love affirmations resonate with you?
Now, read on for beautiful quotes and more ways to show yourself love!
And check out these posts if you’d like more affirmations:
Self-Love Quotes to Use as Affirmations
These quotes can be used with your positive self-talk or simply as inspiration to keep working on this part of your life.
“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
“In order to love who you are, you can not hate the experiences that shaped you.” – Andrea Dykstra
“When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
“To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
“We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.” – Alexandra Elle
“The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” – Mark Twain
“Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you, who you are.” – Beyonce
“Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
“Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
“A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.” – Andrew Matthews
Find more inspirational quotes HERE:
How can I practice self-love?
Now, aside from the self-love affirmations above, take the self love challenge! Or here are additional ideas for caring for yourself in a new, gentler way.
Take time to be calm.
Breathe. And let yourself slow down.
Self-care is the ultimate act of self-love. As women, especially, we are so wired to care for others that we forget about the love our own spirits need.
So, make sure you give yourself time every single day to pour into yourself.
Here are a few ideas to get you started, then visit 100 Simple Self Care Ideas for more.
- Take a bubble bath
- Sit quietly for five minutes
- Journal about your day or what you’re grateful for
- Stretch, walk, move your body
- Talk with a friend
- Read for joy
Create a self love kit.
Next, how do you care for yourself when you’re feeling low?
Do you cut yourself down or build yourself up? Prepare a soothing kit or stash that rebuild your spirits when you need it. Include items that appeal to all of your senses for extra benefit. And don’t forget your love yourself affirmations!
Check out how to make a DIY self care kit for more!
Make your own daily affirmations for self-love.
This post gives you PLENTY of affirmations to use and think about, but it’s also useful to make your own.
Are you particularly critical about yourself in one area?
Counteract this with specific affirmations to change your beliefs.
Surround yourself with good.
People and input MATTER. ENORMOUSLY.
What are your watching? Who are you talking to? What do you read? Who do you follow on social media?
If these things don’t leave you feeling lifted and good about yourself, it’s time to re-evaluate what you let into your life.
Learn to say no.
Saying NO when you want to is respecting yourself, your boundaries, and your interests. It is the ultimate form of self-love.
Write an affirmation on a post-it note and stick it on your computer or mirror if you struggle with pleasing others.
Here are 7 other tips for saying no effectively from Inc.com.
Feel your emotions.
Even the bad ones. No one on this planet feels happy all the time. (Despite what it looks like on Instagram.)
Instead, loving yourself means understanding that there’s some ugly in there. And it’s OK.
Do things that are fun.
You are enough. You are doing enough.
Now, let go of your self expectations and enjoy a little more.
What are you doing to have fun today?
To Consider With Self-Love Affirmations
It starts with me. And it must start with YOU too.
Can I be kinder to myself and show my daughter the way? You bet. I never want to hear her call herself a name again.
Now, who looks up to you? Who can you set a standard for when it comes to believing in yourself.
The way you treat yourself changes one belief at a time. So, start now!
Other self-care and love posts to discover…
- 50 Easy Ways to Bust Out of Your Comfort Zone – Simple actions to get out of a rut.
- The Most Empowering Books for Women – reads to motivate and move you.
- The Best Gifts for Someone With Anxiety – soothing self-care gifts!