These powerful gratitude affirmations will help you feel blessed and joyful regardless of the situation.
Many of us struggle to remember life’s goodness when we are thrown into a tough situation or busyness takes over our day. That’s why these simple statements are an incredible solution!
Say them in the morning when you wake up, as you’re taking an afternoon break, or at night before you fall asleep. Before you know it, you’ll be noticing the small pleasures that bring true meaning to your day.
“I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.”– Brene Brown
In this post, you will delve into the benefits of gratitude, find grateful affirmation examples, and explore other types of practices to bring on the blessings.
The Benefits of Having a Grateful Heart
Study after study has shown us that gratitude is a bridge to greater happiness. Gratitude helps you feel stronger positive emotions, improve your health, handle adversity, enjoy your life experiences, and build better relationships (source). Pretty amazing, right?!
The Law of Attraction & How it Works
Now, by using affirmations, you are also putting the law of attraction at work. This law isn’t the voodoo magic that some make it out to be. It’s simply the principle that what you focus on tends to come true. (A proven law of life)
In this case, if you focus on what you are blessed with, you’ll start to see more blessings around you.
So, why not USE your thoughts and words to shape your future? Instead of letting life shape you!
50 Mighty Gratitude Affirmations
Next, use these statements “as is,” or adjust them to fit your life. Then, enjoy the feeling of calm and peace coming your way.
Grateful Affirmations for Morning
1.I understand that today is a gift, and I will live it in this gratitude.
2. I am thankful for the ability to grow in whatever way I choose today.
3. I have food, water, and security as I wake up today. These are wonderful blessings to have.
4. My family and friends support me, and I am grateful for their love.
5. My coffee (or tea) reminds me that it can be the small things that create the most joy.
6. I recognize the beauty of the outside sunrise, and nature as it wakes for the day.
7. I appreciate the good in my life, and more good will come to me.
8. I realize that today is a grand opportunity to live a creative, happy, and inspired life. I’m thankful for it.
9. I allow myself to appreciate the prosperity and abundance that comes my way today.
10. I see this day as an opportunity to show appreciation for all that I’ve been given.
11. I look for things to be thankful for every day.
12. I am thankful for the energy I feel this morning.
13. I appreciate others for who they are.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why we call it the present.”Bil Keane
See more morning ideas at:
- Strong Affirmations for a Bright Morning
- Good Morning Sayings That Get You Fired Up
- What to Do in the Morning for an Amazing Day
Glorious Night Gratitude Affirmations
14. I am thankful for the teachings of the day.
15. I revel in the sweet moments with loved ones that came from this day.
16. I am grateful for the opportunity to be helpful to someone today.
17. I honor the effort I put into today and am grateful for my progress.
18. I recognize that there is a silver lining in every tough experience.
19. I am thankful for the moments of peace and happiness in the day.
21. I am blessed to feel safe and secure as I prepare to sleep.
22. I received many gifts from life today.
23. I recognize that everything may not have gone as planned today, but there was still plenty of good in the day.
24. I listened to my heart today, and for that I am grateful.
25. I affirm that I can find the good in anyone and anything. I let go of any hurts.
26. My pillow reminds me that as another day ends, I’m grateful to have spent it with those I love.
Great Gratitude Affirmations for Self Love
27. I appreciate what my body and mind have done for me all the days of my life.
28. My self-care makes me a better, happier person. I’m glad I treat myself as someone who is loved deeply.
29. I see the efforts I take to give my body and mind the excellent care they deserve.
30. I am thankful for my mistakes, as they have helped me grow.
31. My skills and talents are strong, and I appreciate them.
32. I appreciate the positive thoughts that enter my mind – and guide my actions.
33. I recognize that I am unique. I am grateful to be different and special.
34. Everything I need is already inside of me. I acknowledge my power.
35. I’m growing in abundance and love every day.
36. I acknowledge my choice to see the light in my life.
37. I am thankful for my resiliency and strength. I know that I can overcome any adversity.
38. I realize that I have no limits, and I appreciate the opportunities that come my way.
I Am Grateful Affirmations
39. I am grateful that I can be myself.
40. I am grateful for all those who love and uplift me.
41. I am grateful to my partner, for showing me what deep, mutual love can do.
42. I am grateful for my kids, for teaching me to be playful, patient, and kind.
43. I am grateful for friends that enrich my life with their support, kindness, and wisdom.
44. I am grateful for the process, not just the destination.
45. I am grateful I have the power to make my dreams come true.
46. I am grateful I have the power to make a change when I need to.
47. I am grateful to my teachers, for guiding and inspiring me.
48. I am grateful for my time in nature, and the healing it does for me.
49. I am grateful for work (or a purpose) that fills my life with challenge, inspiration, creativity, and passion.
50. I am grateful for my gratitude practice. It reminds me that life is good, and I am blessed.
For a HUGE list of things to be grateful for see HERE (I dare you not to feel blessed after reading it!)
Check out my 10 favorite affirmations for gratitude here:
More Fabulous Gratitude Practices to Try
If you are digging the way gratitude makes you feel, don’t stop at affirmations! Here are other ways to count your blessing, and many of the following posts come with free printables for you too!
Starting a journal can change your life. Not only can you record your blessings every day, but you can use it to take notes, cleanse your emotions, and keep track of your goals.
*And for self love and discovery journaling – see HERE >>
Blessings List Making
When was the last time you made a list of the wonderful things that encompass your life? You might be surprised to find that the things that bother you are actually incredible blessings.
Get started with your big list, by using these gratitude examples >>
Next, we all need to feel inspired. If you read a gratitude quote or special saying every day, you are giving yourself gentle reminders to use your days as the gifts they are.
An Action Challenge
If you need a jumpstart, download this free challenge for 30 days of gratitude and spend a month getting a real sense of the wonderful things around you.
Related Post: Gratitude for Kids
And finally, go deeper into your thankfulness with a gratitude sequence.
For example, as you sit down to eat your meal, silently express thanks to the cook, store cashier, store stocker, transporter, farmer, and factory. When you consider all of the things that happened to put this food in front of you, you’ll discover an immense sense of gratefulness.
Aside from food, try it with:
- Clothing you wear
- Entertainment you watch
- Books you read
- The home you live in
- The water you drink
It works for just about everything!
To Consider With These Grateful Intentions
Need a little more guidance in your gratitude journey? Check out the digital self-care planner, a place to prioritize your wellness and gratitude goals – and make them HAPPEN!
Finally, which gratitude affirmation is your favorite? Please share in the comments below!
Other Helpful Wellness Resources on HHI…
- 45 Sunday Self Care Ideas to Skyrocket Your Wellness
- 41 Mindfulness & Meditation Books That Calm Adults & Kids
- The Big List of Great Things to Do on a Rainy Day
- Take the Quick Self-Care Quiz!