Best Quotes for a Good Morning Start
I wish I was a morning person.
You know, those people who are ready to conquer the world as soon as their eyes open?
Instead, I’m more of a “don’t talk to me before coffee” kind of gal.
And while I may not naturally wake up filled with sunshine, I have discovered that waking up earlier helps me start my day positively.
- It feels good to accomplish a few things before the kids wake up.
- I have time to enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
- I am more awake and ready to greet my family.
- I start the day feeling ahead.
Use these beautiful good morning quotes and thoughts for morning encouragement.
Getting in the right headspace is a critical part of making your day a masterpiece. And there’s no better way to do that than to get inspired for the hours ahead.
So, read them, write them, or repeat them. Then watch as you elevate your mornings and kick butt during your most important part of the day by starting with good morning quotes.
Positive Good Morning Thoughts
First, we start with the positive, refreshing good morning quotes that show the beauty of every morning.
1. “When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful
world, I thank God I am alive.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Great attitude is like a perfect cup of coffee–don’t start your day without it.” – Lisa
3. “No matter how bad things are, you can at least be happy that you woke up this
morning.” – D.L. Hughley
5. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” – Meister Eckhart
6. “The morning was full of sunlight and hope.” – Kate Chopin
7. “‘Ask yourself a simple question: How do I wake up every morning? By that, I mean,
what do those first few moments of consciousness feel like?’” – Shawn Wells
9. “Every morning is a reminder to let go the past and embrace the present.” – Tonmoy
10. “First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, ‘I believe,’ three times.” – Ovid
- See these daily self love affirmations for more positive self-talk examples
11. “Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who do not.” – Christy Chung
12. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
14. “Because you know what happens when you say ‘hello’ or ‘good morning?’ You make a connection. And isn’t that what being human is all about?” – Philip Rosenthal
15. “Inspiration can come from anywhere, and a lot of the time, it depends on how you feel when you get up in the morning.” – Tyler Shaw
16. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” — Buddha
17.“Morning not only forgives, it forgets.” – Marty Rubin
18. “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.” – J. B. Priestley
19. “I wake up every morning new, free as a bird.” – Ashley Cole
20. “I don’t ask for the meaning of the song of a bird or the rising of the sun on a misty morning. There they are, and they are beautiful.” – Pete Hamill
22. “You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you’re excited for the day? That’s one of my main goals in life.” – Kirsten Dunst
23. “Every morning, look in the mirror and affirm positive words into your life.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
24. “I used to love night best but the older I get the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.” – Terri Guillemets
25.“Waking up this morning, I smile. 24 brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Good Morning Motivational Quotes
These special inspirational good morning quotes will make you want to seize and savor the day.
26. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur
27. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it
happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
28. “The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years.” – Thomas Jefferson
29. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.” – William C. Hannan
30. “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” – Lemony Snicket
31. “Create the life you can’t wait to wake up to.” – Josie Spinardi
32. “Every morning we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be
better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future part.” – Nicole Williams
33. “Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.” — Robert Kiyosaki
35. “If you want to change your entire life in one small change, wake up earlier.” – Allie
36. “Always wake up early. Train yourself to wake up earlier from your routine. A good daily
ritual encourages you to become more productive.
Starting your day a little early will give you enough time to contemplate the day that’s coming and it will help you plan your
things accordingly.” – E.J. Cenita
37. “A person who has not done one-half his day’s work by ten o’clock, runs a chance of
leaving the other half undone.” – Emily Bronte
38. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” — Ralph Marston
39. “Wake up early. Drink coffee. Work hard. Be ambitious. Keep your priorities straight, your
mind right and your head up. Do well, live well and dress really well. Do what you love,
love what you do. It is time to start living.” – Unknown
40. “If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals.” – Lou Holtz (Find examples of personal goals)
41. “At the point when I am chipping away at a book or a story, I compose each morning as not long after first light as could be allowed. There is nobody to upset you, and it is cool or cold, and you go to your work and warm as you compose.” – Ernest Hemingway
42. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn (Find time management tips)
43. “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
44. “Every morning sees some assignment started, each night sees it close; Something endeavored, something done, has earned a night’s rest.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
45. “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” – Robert Brault
46. “Every morning starts a new page in your story. Make it a great one today.” — Doe Zantamata
48. “Leave your ego at the door every morning, and just do some truly great work. Few things will make you feel better than a job brilliantly done.” – Robin S. Sharma
49. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C. Maxwell
50. “I never wake up in the morning and wonder why I am here. I wake up and wonder why I am not making here better.” – Jeffrey Fry
51. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
52. “Every morning, my dad would have me looking in the mirror and repeat: “Today is going to be a great day; I can, and I will.” – Gina Rodriguez
53. “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry James
54. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
55. “I’m continually contemplating making. My future beginnings when I get up each morning… Consistently I discover something inventive to do with my life.” – Miles Davis
56. “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” – Mark Twain
57. “Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.” – Elbert Hubbard
58.“Eating right and taking the time to slow down and plan in the morning is crucial to a productive day.” – David Moore
59. “Your first ritual that you do during the day is the highest leveraged ritual, by far, because it has the effect of setting your mind, and setting the context, for the rest of your day.” – Eben Pagan
60. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”– Maria Robinson
62. “When I’m just waking up I like to keep a space for my own thoughts and ideas. Checking my phone is not a priority of mine.” – Andre D. Wagner
- See ways to unplug from your phone
63. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
64. “Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.”– Arthur Schopenhauer
65. “If you can consistently build better mornings, you’re going to have consistently better days, weeks, months, quarters, and years.” – Robin Sharma
66. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
67. “5am is the time of least distraction, highest human glory, and greatest peace.” – Robin Sharma
68. “The temptation to take the easy road is always there. It is as easy as staying in bed in the morning and sleeping in. But discipline is paramount to ultimate success and victory for any leader and any team.” – Jocko Willink
69. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
70. “Your morning sets up the success of your day. So many people wake up and immediately check text messages, emails, and social media. I use my first hour awake for my morning routine of breakfast and meditation to prepare myself.” – Caroline Ghosn
72. “Front-loading my day (getting a whole bunch done in the morning) is my productivity secret.” — Celeste Headlee
73. “You have to have a dream so you can get up in the morning.”– Billy Wilder
74. “I love the smell of possibility in the morning.” – Unknown
75. “Good morning is not just a word, it’s an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right!” – Fain Blake
To help guide your mornings, see:
Wise Good Morning Quotes
These excellent good morning quotes come from our greatest mentors and add true depth to our day.
76. “Do and act on what you believe to be right, and you’ll wake up the next morning feeling
good about yourself.” – Janet Reno
77. “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
78. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
- (Find beautiful be grateful quotes)
79. “Each morning offers lessons in light. For the morning light teaches the most basic of truths: Light chases away darkness.”― Anasazi Foundation
80. “We forget that waking up each day is the first thing we should be grateful for.” – Unknown
81. “God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning.” – Joyce Meyer
82. “A baby is like the morning sunshine, it comes with the lights of love, hope, warmth,
beauty and endless possibilities.” – Apollo M
84. “Old companions die, new companions show up. An old day spends, another day shows up. The significant thing is to make it important: a significant companion – or a significant day.” – Dalai Lama
85. “Not the day only, but all things have their morning.” – French Proverb
86. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’
And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” – Steve Jobs
87. “Sometimes just lie in bed, don’t make an effort to rush off into the morning, listen to the earth rouse from sleep and you’ll understand how perfect life is designed to be.” – Anonymous
89. “No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.” – Bram Stoker
90. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” – Elon Musk
91. “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” – Larry King
92. “It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.”-Aristotle
- See an epic list of amazing habits>
93.“One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” – Paulo Coelho
94. “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
96. “There’s no point waking up in the morning feeling sorry for yourself.” – Dave Davies
97. “In the early morning on the lake sitting in the stern of the boat with his father rowing, he felt quite sure that he would never die.” – Ernest Hemingway
98. “There is a reason why morning follows night, hjälte. After times of great darkness, we must take time to mourn all we have lost and all who were lost, even as hope rises with the sun.” – Emory R. Frie
99. “Do not say, ‘It is morning,’ and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.”– Rabindranath Tagore
100.“Get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is phenomenal; everything is incredible; never treat life casually. To be spiritual is to be amazed.” – Abraham Joshua Heschel
Good Morning Thoughts of Life
These beautiful good morning quotes guide you for life. And teach you to trust in the power of a fresh morning.
101. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
102. “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” – Mark Twain
103. “Waking up early, connecting with nature, and having my quiet time are priorities for me,
and they are non-negotiable.” – Danette May
104. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive–to
breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
105. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” – Mike Murdoch (*best good morning quotes for motivation!)
106. “A morning coffee is my favorite way of starting the day, settling the nerves so that they
don’t later fray.” – Marcia Carrington
107. “It sounds plausible enough tonight, but wait until tomorrow. Wait for the common sense
of the morning.” – H.G. Wells
109. “I get up certain mornings and sit and have my espresso and watch out at my delightful nursery, and I go, ‘Recollect how great this is. Since you can lose it.’” – Jim Carrey
110. “Masterminding a bowl of blossoms toward the beginning of the day can give a feeling of calm in a packed day – like composing a lyric or saying a supplication.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
112. “I have consistently been charmed at the possibility of another day, a new attempt, one more beginning, with maybe a touch of enchantment standing by some place behind the morning.” – J. B. Priestley
113. “Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.“ – William Blake
114. “Most of the time I spend when I get up in the morning is trying to figure out what is going to happen.” – Madeline Albright
115. “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” – Larry Page
116. “She woke up every morning with the option of being anyone she wished. How beautiful it was that she always chose herself.”– Tyler Kent White
117. “I have a lot of organization in the house, particularly toward the beginning of the day when no one calls.” – Henry David Thoreau
118. “The biggest task in the morning is to try to keep my headspace from being invaded by the outside world.” – Austin Kleon
120. “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.”-John Lennon
121. “I like my coffee black and my mornings bright.” – Terri Guillemets
122. “Morning is when the wick is lit. A flame ignited, the day delighted with heat and light, we start the fight for something more than before.” – Jeb Dickerson
123. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” – George Washington Carver
124. “Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day.” – Nicolas Chamfort
125. “In the morning I get out of bed, I brush my teeth, I wash my face, I get dressed in the clothes I like best. I want to be good to myself.” – Matthew Dickman
Good Morning Quotes & Wishes for Love
Next, use these inspirational good morning quotes and thoughts (for him or for her) to express your emotions.
126. “For each new morning let there be a flow of love. Let there be light of happiness in
every direction.” – Amit Ray
127. “I hate early mornings. But I love waking up with you.” – Sade Andria Zabala
128. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” – Emily Dickinson
129. “Love. Begin to look all starry eyed at and remain in affection. Compose just what you love, and love what you compose. The catchphrase is love. You need to find a good pace morning and compose something you love, something to live for” – Ray Bradbury
130. “Let me wake up next to you, have coffee in the morning and wander through the city with your hand in mine, and I’ll be happy for the rest of my little life.” – Charlotte Eriksson
131. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
133. “Every day, I want to sleep in your arms and wake up by your side in the mornings.” – Jagdish Joghee
134. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
135.“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.”–Ralph Waldo Emerson
Funny Morning Quotes & Thoughts
I LOVE the thoughts above. But life’s not perfect. And these funny good morning quotes capture real life in a way that can only make you smile.
136. “I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake.” – Lewis Black
137. “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” – Nanea
138. “My routine is to ride that snooze button as far as it will take me, take a quick shower, ge
dressed in the dark and bolt out the door.” – Willie Geist
139. “Everyone should experience a sunrise at least once a day.” – Phil Dunphy (Modern
140. “I wake up in the morning and lay in my bed waiting for my mom to prepare breakfast.
And suddenly remember that I am the mom.” – Unknown
141. “I want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning, the devil
says, “Aw s***, he’s up.”’ – Steve Maraboli
142. “It’s a gray morning. A roll-over-and-snuggle-deeper-in-the-covers morning.” – Kate
143. “Mornings are like almost clean slates. I say almost clean because the residue of
yesterdays is sometimes stuck on them.” – Medeia Sharif
144. “Dracula is a morning person compared to me.” – Kim Dallmeier
145. “Each morning I leap up and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the blast, I spend the remainder of the day assembling the pieces.” – Ray Bradbury
146. “I think that when you get dressed in the morning, sometimes you’re really making a decision about your behavior for the day. Like if you put on flip-flops, you’re saying: ‘Hope I don’t get chased today.’ ‘Be nice to people in sneakers.'” – Demetri Martin
147. “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.”– Dean Martin
148. “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” – Robert Frost
150. “Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
151. “Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don’t speak bird.” – Kurt Cobain
152. “Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” – J.R.R. Tolkien
153. “Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day.” – Glen Cook
154. “I hate when I dream of alarm clocks going off.” – Jarod Kintz
155. “The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain terrible.” – Jean Kerr
Good Morning Wishes
Next, looking for the best good morning wishes? Use these messages to jumpstart your day or send them to a family member that could use a little boost.
156. Wake up and seize the day! Today is a blank canvas, ready for color.
157. Rise and shine, sleepyhead! The world is ready for the amazing person you are.
158. Good morning! Let your worries take a back seat as you embrace the possibilities of today.
159. Wake up and be awesome! Remember, you have the power to make this day amazing.
160. Today is a fresh start to chase your dreams and create lasting memories.
161. This morning is full of inspiration and creativity to conquer any challenge.
162. Your coffee is strong and you are stronger!
163. Wake up with gratitude in your heart. Every new day is a gift of possibilities.
164. Rock this day and make it your own.
165. Let go of yesterday’s worries and embrace the promise of today.
166. Today is your day to shine brightly.
167. Smile and spread happiness to everyone you meet today.
168. You get to choose how your day goes today. Choose greatness!
More Good Morning Blessings
169. May your morning be filled with moments of reflection and gratitude for the blessings you’ve been given.
Related: Free Gratitude Journal Prompts
170. Your day is guided by grace and surrounded by the wamth of divine love.
171. Good morning! May you find peace in the present moment and blessings in every step you take today.
172. As you open your eyes to a new day, may you be blessed with boundless opportunities to make a positive impact.
173. May you find peace in the present moment and blessings in every step you take today.
174. May your morning be blessed with the realization of your worth and the strength to overcome any obstacles.
175. As you embrace the morning, may you be blessed with the wisdom to appreciate life’s little miracles.
Good Morning Messages For a Friend
Put a smile on a friend’s face by starting their day off with a good morning wish through a text or call.
176. Wishing you a day full of new opportunities and positivity.
177. Life is so much more fun with a friend like you. Have a great day!
178. I hope your coffee is as warm and strong as you are, friend!
179. Good morning, friend! May this day bring you joy, laughter, and positivity!
180. Just wanting to remind you how awesome you are. Have a fantastic day!
181. May your morning be as wonderful as your friendship to me.
182. Sending you a virtual cup of coffee and a big virutal hug! I love you, friend!
183. Good morning, friend! Remember that you have the strength to conquer anything that comes your way today!
184. It’s a brand new day! Enjoy the endless possibilities!
185. You’ve got this day! Go out and conquer it!
186. Sending you positive thoughts and vibes all day today.
187. Wake up, friend! The world is waiting for the amazing things you will do today.
188. Need some motivation this morning? You are amazing!
189. The world needs your bright light! Go out and shine it today.
190. Are you smiling yet? The sun is shining and ready for you.
191. Good morning, friend! I know things have been hard lately, but you are strong and will persevere.
192. I am so grateful to have you in my life!
193. Rise and shine, it’s coffee time! You can do this, my friend! One sip at a time!
194. Good morning! It’s a Monday morning and everyone needs your laughter and smile today!
195. Good morning! The first step to a great day is just getting up!
196. Good morning! The key to a great day starts with coffee!
197. Good morning! You are a blessing to everyone in your life. Thank you!
198. I woke up thinking about what a great friend you have been to me and I am grateful.
199. Rise and shine! The world needs your wit and beauty today!
200. Wishing you a productive day as you work toward your dreams.
201. Wishing my morning buddy a morning full of high spirits and positive thoughts.
202. Good morning, friend! Hoping it is bight and sunny!
203. Wishing you a calm and peaceful mind as you start a new day.
204. I am wishing you a morning with renewed hope and energy.
205. Good morning! Can you smell the coffee? Pour, drink, and conquer!
There’s nothing like an epic thought or a few good morning quotes to get you moving in the right direction.
What are your favorite thoughts, quotes, and wishes for a good morning?
Next, try out positive morning affirmations. Watch this video for tips and examples to get started.
For more inspiration, check out:
- How to Create a Terrific Night Routine
- Perfect Quotes for Your Vision Board
- Quotes to Inspire Better Self Care