Easy Affirmations for Women in the Bright Morning Light
I was shocked recently. In a good way.
I completed a group challenge that included saying affirmations for sixty seconds, every morning in front of a camera.
Now, I love doing challenges. So, I thought this one would be fascinating, but ultimately no big deal. Boy, was I wrong.
This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you. However, I only mention products I love. See my disclaimer for more.
In terms of effort, it was as easy as I imagined. I already had morning affirmations (for women) written out that I wanted to say. And it took exactly one minute.
Yet, stunningly, this challenge turned out to be the thing I looked forward to most in my morning (which is HUGE because I love my morning routine).
Saying the affirmations out loud felt glorious. Powerful. And intense.
I always left with more purpose going into the day.
And I began to wonder how a short sixty seconds could make such a big impact on how I felt.
The Intense Benefits of Affirmations
So, I did a little digging. As it turns out, our thoughts are everything.
“What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”Buddha
Affirmations can rewire the brain to improve positive self-perception, self-esteem, confidence, and problem-solving abilities.
Furthermore, with this positive self-talk, a neural process occurs that helps you imagine positive events over negative ones and a change in behavior (source). Ultimately leading to easier changes and better handling the obstacles that come your way.
Plus, those that use affirmations stress and ruminate less (source). Double win!
And finally, affirmations wrap into our identity. Who we are is made up entirely by who we think we are. For example, if you identify as a runner, you’re MUCH more likely to run.
Gosh, no wonder sixty seconds in the morning gave such a happiness boost!
Next, let’s look at beautiful affirmation examples, and then read on for how to make your unique affirmations work for you.
Affirmations for Starting the Day Well
First, here are 20 beneficial morning affirmations for women to help with different areas of life, all encouraging you to see the positive in yourself.
With these affirmations, pick those that answer your personal question…
“Who do I want to be?”
1. I focus on what I can control, and let go of the rest.
2. I accept myself.
3. I follow through on my commitments to myself.
4. I have courage and am brave.
5. I am strong, able, and calm.
6. I enjoy the simple moments.
7. Happiness is a choice. Today I choose to be happy. (find happiness habits to help feel this way HERE)
8. I can and I will. Anything is possible because I believe in myself and my abilities.
9. I overcome my obstacles and believe that my potential is limitless.
10. I stand up for myself. I am bold.
11. I build new healthy habits for a bright future. (check out this list for help on habit ideas!)
12. I forgive myself and others for any mistakes made.
13. I am learning and growing. Small improvements lead to big results.
14. I am disciplined, energized, and inspired.
15. Everything I’m looking for is already within me.
16. I focus on the positive.
17. I recognize my own self-worth.
18. Though today may be difficult, it is only temporary.
19. I control my thoughts and energy.
20. Today is full of opportunity and love.
*Read 75 Fearless Affirmations for Self Love for more loving yourself self-talk!
Powerful Morning Affirmations for Moms
Additionally, as mothers, we face specific challenges. These daily affirmations for moms can be helpful for keeping motherhood in perspective.
1. I am present, playful, and calm (my daily affirmation for YEARS, and will be for years to come)
2. I am excited to spend time loving on my kids, soaking in every moment. Life is precious.
3. Taking care of myself makes me the best mom I can be.
4. I laugh and play with my children.
5. It is ok to ask for help when I need it. It makes our family stronger.
6. I will let go of how I expect the day to go, and relax into how it unfolds.
7. I try my best and am a good mom.
8. I am an amazing leader to my family.
9. My dreams and needs matter. I work to create boundaries that benefit myself and my family. (If you struggle with this, a not-to-do list is what you need!)
10. I will leave a legacy of love through my daily words and actions.
Related Mom Posts:
- Easy Ways to Become a More Playful Mom
- Tips to be a Happier Mom (even when it’s hard)
- 105 Kids Affirmations for a Positive Mindset
Bonus Positive Affirmations
Below are two bonus affirmations I picked up from the excellent book the 5 am Club. I appreciate that they focus your thoughts on making the day great in general.
“Today is a glorious day, and I’ll live it at excellence, with boundless enthusiasm and limitless integrity, true to my visions and with a heart full of love.”Robin Sharma
“This day is priceless. All the money in the world will not bring it back again. And so, I seize it, and savor it, and honor it.”Robin Sharma
Also read: 51 Bedtime Affirmations for Restful Sleep to end the day with your most positive foot forward.
And if you would like beautiful affirmation cards to make things even easier, check out these:
How to Make Affirmations Effective
Next, while all of the daily affirmations above work well, there are five additional tips to using morning affirmations (for women) that make them astonishingly effective.
1. You MUST Believe Them
Affirmations like “I’m skinny” or “I make a million bucks” don’t work because they may simply not be true. Within days, you’ll feel as though you’re lying to yourself and give up affirmations entirely.
Instead, choose something like “I work hard and am committed to a lean, toned body.”
2. Use Your Values in Your Affirmations
Affirmations should be personal. Prioritize the values that you hold in your life to focus your affirmations on what matters to YOU.
If you value your work, try: “my work makes a positive impact on others.”
If you value your friends, try: “my friends are a a positive light in my life.”
3. Use Your Goals in Your Affirmations
What goals are you working on? Use daily morning affirmations to help yourself make the progress! This is a huge secret advantage!
Try “I am a runner,” and then spend a few minutes every day running. Before you know it, you’ll be working your way to longer increments, and beginning to identify as a runner.
*Not sure how to word the affirmation you want? Leave a comment below and I’ll try to help you brainstorm! 😊
4. Use Emotion & Visualization
Affirmations work best when you engage your emotions. If your core value is being calm with your kids, picture what that looks like. Then, imagine how you feel (even in tough situations). Strive for that feeling during the day.
See this free vision board template & how-to for more on visualization!
5. Say Them in First Person, Present tense
Finally, it helps to say affirmations as though you are actively doing them. This draws on emotions and you can visualize your preferred outcome. It’s yet another phenomenal way to motivate yourself into action.
Would you love an amazing morning routine?
Check out these morning, night, and Sunday routine checklists! The pack is a great buy for women looking to become more intentional, productive, and relaxed! It features blank templates for you too!
For more, check out this video guiding you through new affirmations!
Something to Consider with Your Self-Talk
As I found, daily affirmations can be an outstanding tool in the toolbox of life.
So, for anyone looking to be intentional about what they say to themselves, this type of self-talk is a must-try.
Have you ever done morning affirmations for women? What did you think?
Other personal growth posts to enjoy…
- 25 Inspiring Personal Growth Books for Women – reads that promote your best self.
- 100 Simple Self Care Ideas for a Bad Day – try one today!
- What to do at Night for Daytime Success – Easy steps to be more productive and calm.