The Best Calming Night Affirmations
Often, we take the burdens of the day with us to bed. After a day of responsibilities, it’s difficult to wind down or give ourselves permission to be. And if we suffer from anxiety or insomnia, nighttime can be an extremely frustrating time of day.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! Along with an intentional night routine, you can coax yourself into a restful evening.
So that each night rejuvenates your mind, body, and spirit. As a result, your mornings start gloriously refreshed and recharged.
So, read on for how affirmations work + easy sleep affirmations to help you feel tired, satisfied, and ready for a calming night ahead.
Do Nighttime Affirmations Work?
“Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.”
Your thoughts before sleep are very important. In fact, researchers from the University of Manchester found that those with higher levels of positive thoughts and gratitude before bed reported higher levels of sleep quality.
Can you relate to this finding?
Moreover, Thomas Edison once said,
“Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious mind.”
Our mind continues to work while we sleep, so give it something positive to chew on! It’s not about suppressing negative thoughts. It’s about training yourself to focus on good ones.
So, use these positive sleep affirmations to interrupt spiraling thought patterns and mentally close out your day. With repeated action, they develop new neural pathways in your brain and strengthen the beliefs that truly serve you.
Effective Evening Affirmations
These are fantastic to say as you’re winding down for the night!
1. I am thankful for today.
2. I feel calm and at peace.
3. I am in control of my thoughts and I choose positive ones.
4. I choose calm. I choose peace. (meditation can help with this too)
5. I let go of my responsibilities of the day.
6. I let go of worry.
7. I let go of what I can’t control.
8. I release anything that didn’t go well today.
9. My to-do list will wait for tomorrow.
10. Nothing will disturb my peace unless I let it.
11. I let go of the past and the future. I focus on the present moment.
12. I let go of tense thoughts.
13. I am still and calm.
14. I breathe deeply and slowly.
16. I am grateful for my bed, my room, and my quieting body.
17. I give myself permission to do nothing.
18. I am enough. I did enough. I can let go.
*Check out these 75 Powerful Self Love affirmations for more sayings to be kind to yourself!
19. I forgive myself for any mistakes made today.
20. I forgive others that made mistakes today. We are all human.
21. I am allowed to feel good at the end of the day.
22. I release the anxieties and stress of the day.
24. Peace and happiness are my priority as I finish my day.
25. I worked hard today, and deserve to rest. There is nothing more I can do tonight.
Related Post: The Self Love Challenge: 30 Days to Joy
Affirmations Before Sleep
These positive sleep affirmations are perfect when you’re laying in bed waiting to doze off.
26. I give myself permission to sleep deeply.
27. My body feels heavy and relaxed.
28. My body and mind need rest and rejuvenation to function well.
29. Sleep and rest are essential to my success.
30. I did my best today and now I rest.
31. My eyes and head feel heavy.
32. I embrace rest. I welcome sleep.
33. I am safe in my room. I can relax completely.
34. May my sleep by calm and peaceful.
35. My mind and spirit are still and tranquil.
36. There is nothing I need to do to fall asleep. I can simply let it happen.
37. I relax my head, face, neck, arms, stomach, legs, and feet. I let them sink deeply into the bed.
38. I empty my head of racing thoughts. I let them float along, or I tuck them away for another time.
39. I allow myself to let go of the day.
Bedtime Affirmations for the Next Day
An amazing morning starts the night before!
40. I will wake refreshed and happy after a good night’s sleep.
41. Tomorrow will be a fantastic day.
42. I unplug tonight in order to conquer the day tomorrow.
43. Tomorrow I will wake with a positive attitude.
44. I worked today for a better tomorrow.
45. Tomorrow is full of fresh possibilities. (Find amazing motivational quotes HERE)
46. I will wake strong, inspired, and energized tomorrow.
47. I have prepared myself for a beautiful morning.
48. I am optimistic for a fresh day tomorrow.
49. Tomorrow I will show up ready to take on the day.
Related Post: 27 Affirmations to Start the Morning Right
Positive Sleep Affirmation for Moms
Finally, this is a site dedicated to helping moms live well. So, here are six bedtime affirmations for putting your best foot forward as a parent.
50. I am grateful for the moments with my kids today.
51. I am grateful for the opportunity to care for my family.
52. I did my best today with my children, and that is enough.
53. No one needs me now. It’s time to be kind to myself and let go.
54. I am the best mom I can be when I give myself permission to rest.
55. I am a better mom when I make my sleep and wellbeing a priority.
How to Make Night Affirmations Work for You
Next, to say and create your own positive self-talk, these tips are essential!
1. You MUST Believe Them
Affirmations like “I sleep 11 hours a night” or “every night I sleep deeply” don’t work because they are hard to believe. Within days, you’ll feel as though you’re lying to yourself and give up affirmations entirely.
Instead, focus on your effort (I calm my mind).
2. Use Emotion & Visualization
Affirmations work best when you engage your emotions. If you seek a calm and relaxing evening, visualize what that looks like. Then, imagine how you feel and how at peace you are.
3. Repeat Often
A few nights may not be enough to make a noticeable impact on how you feel. So, keep saying your sleep affirmations for at least three weeks and then evaluate if your thoughts feel more positive and restful at night.
See these adversity quotes when you need to push through!
4. Say Them in First Person, Present tense
Finally, it helps to say affirmations as though you are actively doing them. This draws on your emotions and helps you visualize your preferred outcome. It’s yet another phenomenal way to motivate yourself into action.
Do you love the idea of an amazing night routine?
Check out these awesome routine checklists for morning, night, and Sundays! They are a great buy right now and include blank templates to create your own!
Bedtime Affirmations for Closing Off the Day
This short video has my favorite bedtime affirmations!
Something to Consider With Sleep Affirmations
“Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.”Daphne du Maurier
Much of night affirmations is about giving yourself permission to let go.
Peace lies in all of us, sometimes we just need to peel away the layers to find it. So, try out these bedtime affirmations the next few nights and see how you feel!
What are your favorite sleep affirmations?
Other Personal Development Posts to Enjoy…
- Start the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge – a great way to dive in!
- 50 Thoughtful Journal Prompts – gratitude questions to feel your blessings.
- 30 Calming Gifts for People With Anxiety – self-care gifts everyone will love!