The Best Calming Night Affirmations
Often, we take the burdens of the day with us to bed. After a day of responsibilities, it’s difficult to wind down or give ourselves permission to be. And if we suffer from anxiety or insomnia, nighttime can be a frustrating time of day.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! With an intentional routine and the best sleep affirmations, you can coax yourself into a restful evening.
So that each night rejuvenates your mind, body, and spirit. And as a result, your mornings start gloriously refreshed and recharged.
So, read on for how affirmations work + easy evening affirmations to help you feel tired, satisfied, and ready for a calming night ahead.
Do Nighttime Affirmations Work?
Your thoughts before sleep are very important. In fact, researchers from the University of Manchester found that those with higher levels of positive thoughts and gratitude before bed reported higher levels of sleep quality.
Can you relate to this finding?
Moreover, Thomas Edison once said,
Our mind continues to work while we sleep, so give it something positive to chew on! It’s not about suppressing negative thoughts. It’s about training yourself to focus on good ones.
So, use these positive sleep affirmations to interrupt spiraling thought patterns and mentally close out your day. With repeated action, they develop new neural pathways in your brain and strengthen the beliefs that truly serve you.
Effective Evening Affirmations
These are fantastic to say as you’re winding down for the night!
1. I am thankful for today.
2. I feel calm and at peace.
3. I am in control of my thoughts and I choose positive ones.
4. I choose calm. I choose peace. (meditation can help with this too)
5. I let go of my responsibilities of the day.
6. I let go of worry.
7. I let go of what I can’t control.
8. I release anything that didn’t go well today.
9. My to-do list will wait for tomorrow.
10. Nothing will disturb my peace unless I let it.
11. I let go of the past and the future. I focus on the present moment.
12. I let go of tense thoughts.
13. I am still and calm.
14. I breathe deeply and slowly.
15. I am grateful for the simple and profound joys of the day.
16. I am grateful for my bed, my room, and my quieting body.
17. I give myself permission to do nothing.
18. I am enough. I did enough. I can let go.
19. I forgive myself for any mistakes made today.
20. I forgive others that made mistakes today. We are all human.
21. I am allowed to feel good at the end of the day.
22. I release the anxieties and stress of the day.
24. Peace and happiness are my priority as I finish my day.
25. I worked hard today, and deserve to rest. There is nothing more I can do tonight.
Related Post: The Self Love Challenge: 30 Days to Joy
Night Affirmations Before Sleep
These positive sleep affirmations are perfect when you’re laying in bed waiting to doze off.
26. I give myself permission to sleep deeply.
27. My body feels heavy and relaxed.
28. My body and mind need rest and rejuvenation to function well.
29. Sleep and rest are essential to my success.
30. I did my best today and now I rest.
31. My eyes and head feel heavy.
32. I embrace rest. I welcome sleep.
33. I am safe in my room. I can relax completely.
34. May my sleep by calm and peaceful.
35. My mind and spirit are still and tranquil.
36. There is nothing I need to do to fall asleep. I can simply let it happen.
37. I relax my head, face, neck, arms, stomach, legs, and feet. I let them sink deeply into the bed.
38. I empty my head of racing thoughts. I let them float along, or I tuck them away for another time.
39. I allow myself to let go of the day.
Dr. Danielle Kelvas, physician and mental health expert, says healthy sleep hygiene should be a top priority. She recommends “going for quiet walks in the woods, spending time with other women, and getting ample rest for weight loss, hormone imbalances, and mental health.”
Bedtime Affirmations for Success
An amazing morning starts the night before! Use these nighttime sleep affirmations for success each and every day.
40. I will wake refreshed and happy after a good night’s sleep.
41. Tomorrow will be a fantastic day.
42. I unplug tonight in order to conquer the day tomorrow.
43. Tomorrow I will wake with a positive attitude.
44. I worked today for a better tomorrow.
45. Tomorrow is full of fresh possibilities. (Find amazing motivational quotes HERE)
46. I will wake strong, inspired, and energized tomorrow.
47. I have prepared myself for a beautiful morning.
48. I am optimistic for a fresh day tomorrow.
49. Tomorrow I will show up ready to take on the day.
50. I grew in my learning today. I will take that into tomorrow.
51. My thoughts tonight create the life I want tomorrow.
52. I look towards the future and let go of the past.
53. I can do anything when I put my mind to it.
54. Prosperity is in my future.
55. I choose progress, not perfection every day.
Positive Sleep Affirmation for Moms
Next, this is a site dedicated to helping moms live well. So, here are six bedtime affirmations for putting your best foot forward as a parent.
56. I am grateful for the moments with my kids today.
57. I am grateful for the opportunity to care for my family.
58. I did my best today with my children, and that is enough.
59. No one needs me now. It’s time to be kind to myself and let go.
60. I am the best mom I can be when I give myself permission to rest.
61. I am a better mom when I make my sleep and wellbeing a priority.
Sleep Affirmations for Self-Love, Confidence, & Abundance
62. I give my body the rest it needs.
63. I deserve rest, whether I feel I’ve done enough or not.
64. I am confident in who I am.
65. I make time to give myself the care I need.
66. I love myself for the person I am and the person I’m becoming every day.
67. I feel as though I have enough.
68. I am grateful for what my body has done today. It is truly a miracle.
69. I took one step closer to my goals today. (All it takes is one step at a time)
70. I heal my body and mind every time I sleep.
71. I feel abundant and grateful as I fall asleep.
72. I am the superhero in my life.
73. I let go and trust in __________ (something greater than yourself: God, the journey of life, etc.)
74. I love myself and I bring loving dreams to me.
75. I am beautiful.
76. My body is a gift to be loved and respected.
77. I learned from my mistakes today.
78. I decide how I feel before I fall asleep.
79. I set boundaries and follow through on them.
80. I say no when I need to.
*Check out these 75 Powerful Self Love affirmations for more sayings to be kind to yourself.
Bedtime Affirmations for Anxiety
Sometimes we fight the worry monster while we try to relax. If that’s you, then these sleep affirmations for anxiety will help.
81. I release the source of my worries.
82. I am in this moment, listening to my breath. In and out.
83. I forgive the source of my stress. (Anyone who has done you wrong today or anything that didn’t go well)
84. I savor the blessings of today. (Focus on your blessings instead of your worries)
85. I am grateful for the kindness and love that came my way today.
86. It’s important to feel good at the end of the day.
87. I will deal with what tomorrow brings as it comes.
88. All is well whether I fall asleep or not.
89. If it’s meant to be, it will be.
90. I let go of the beliefs that are not serving me right now.
91. I invite calm thoughts to enter my dreams.
92. Each body part feels at ease. (Then focus on each body part. You can even squeeze and release different body parts.
93. I release the expectations that I’ve set for myself today.
94. I will relax and let sleep take me over in its own time.
95. I am grateful for this moment. And this breath.
96. I trust the journey, even when it is difficult.
97. My worry thoughts may arise, but I don’t have to choose to focus on them.
98. I am safe and secure as I fall asleep.
99. Every challenge is an opportunity to grow.
100. I can let go of my worries and be at peace.
Don’t forget your free affirmations ebook! Then, read below for valuable tips to help make your bedtime affirmations work.
Related Post: The Best Affirmations to Relieve Anxiety
How Do You Use Night Affirmations?
Next, to create your own positive self-talk and make daily night affirmations work, these tips are essential!
1. You MUST Believe Them
Affirmations like “I sleep 11 hours a night” or “every night I sleep deeply” don’t work because they are hard to believe. Within days, you’ll feel as though you’re lying to yourself and give up affirmations entirely.
Instead, focus on your effort (I calm my mind).
2. Use Emotion & Visualization
Affirmations work best when you engage your emotions. If you seek a calm and relaxing evening, visualize what that looks like. Then, imagine how you feel and how at peace you are.
3. Repeat Often
A few nights may not be enough to make a noticeable impact on how you feel. So, keep saying your sleep affirmations daily for at least three weeks and then evaluate if your thoughts feel more positive and restful at night.
See these adversity quotes when you need to push through!
4. Say Sleep Affirmations in First Person, Present tense
Next, it helps to say affirmations as though you are actively doing them. This draws on your emotions and helps you visualize your preferred outcome. It’s yet another phenomenal way to motivate yourself into action.
5. Say Them Before Falling Asleep
Finally, make saying your evening affirmations one of the last things you do before you fall asleep. This simple trick will give your mind positive thoughts to chew on while you sleep.
More Sleep Affirmations Benefits
Before you go, you should know that there are all kinds of great benefits to self-affirmation aside from better sleep. Some of them include:
- a more positive view of yourself (increased self-worth)
- decreased stress and increased well-being
- improved academic performance
- increased openness to behavior change
To learn more, you can visit this research study >>
Bedtime Affirmations for Closing Off the Day
This short video has my favorite bedtime affirmations!
To Consider With Sleep Affirmations
Much of night affirmations is about giving yourself permission to let go.
Peace lies in all of us, sometimes we just need to peel away the layers to find it. So, try out these bedtime affirmations the next few nights and see how you feel!
What are your favorite sleep affirmations?
Want to remember these evening affirmations? Pin the post on your favorite sleep board!
Other Personal Development Posts to Enjoy…
- Start the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge – a great way to dive in!
- 50 Thoughtful Journal Prompts – gratitude questions to feel your blessings.
- Good Gifts for People With Anxiety – self-care gifts everyone will love!