The Best Calming Night Affirmations
Often, we take the burdens of the day with us to bed. After a day of responsibilities, it’s difficult to wind down or give ourselves permission to be. And if we suffer from anxiety or insomnia, nighttime can be an extremely frustrating time of day.
But it doesn’t have to be this way! Along with an intentional night routine, you can coax yourself into a restful evening.
So that each night rejuvenates your mind, body, and spirit. As a result, your mornings start gloriously refreshed and recharged.
So, read on for how affirmations work + easy sleep affirmations to help you feel tired, satisfied, and ready for a calming night ahead.
Do Night Time Affirmations Work?
“Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.”
Your thoughts before sleep are very important. In fact, researchers from the University of Manchester found that those with higher levels of positive thoughts and gratitude before bed reported higher levels of sleep quality.
Can you relate to this finding?
Moreover, Thomas Edison once said,
“Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious mind.”
Our mind continues to work while we sleep, so give it something positive to chew on! It’s not about suppressing negative thoughts. It’s about training yourself to focus on good ones.
So, use these positive sleep affirmations to interrupt spiraling thought patterns and mentally close out your day. With repeated action, they develop new neural pathways in your brain and strengthen the beliefs that truly serve you.
Effective Evening Affirmations
These are fantastic to say as you’re winding down for the night!
- I am thankful for today.
2. I feel calm and at peace.
3. I am in control of my thoughts and I choose positive ones.
4. I choose calm. I choose peace.
5. I let go of my responsibilities of the day.
6. I let go of worry.
7. I let go of what I can’t control.
8. I release anything that didn’t go well today.
9. My to-do list will wait for tomorrow.
10. Nothing will disturb my peace unless I let it.
11. I let go of the past and the future. I focus on the present moment.
12. I let go of tense thoughts.
13. I am still and calm.
14. I breathe deeply and slowly.
15. I am grateful for the simple and profound joys of the day.
16. I am grateful for my bed, my room, and my quieting body.
17. I give myself permission to do nothing.
18. I am enough. I did enough. I can let go.
19. I forgive myself for any mistakes made today.
20. I forgive others that made mistakes today. We are all human.
21. I am allowed to feel good at the end of the day.
22. I release the anxieties and stress of the day.
23. I am grateful for the lessons that today brought.
24. Peace and happiness are my priority as I finish my day.
25. I worked hard today, and deserve to rest. There is nothing more I can do tonight.
Affirmations Before Sleep
These positive sleep affirmations are perfect when you’re laying in bed waiting to doze off.
26. I give myself permission to sleep deeply.
27. My body feels heavy and relaxed.
28. My body and mind need rest and rejuvenation to function well.
29. Sleep and rest are essential to my success.
30. I did my best today and now I rest.
31. My eyes and head feel heavy.
32. I embrace rest. I welcome sleep.
33. I am safe in my room. I can relax completely.
34. May my sleep by calm and peaceful.
35. My mind and spirit are still and tranquil.
36. There is nothing I need to do to fall asleep. I can simply let it happen.
37. I relax my head, face, neck, arms, stomach, legs, and feet. I let them sink deeply into the bed.
38. I empty my head of racing thoughts. I let them float along, or I tuck them away for another time.
Related Post: How to Get Your Best Sleep
Bedtime Affirmations for the Next Day
An amazing morning starts the night before!
39. I will wake refreshed and happy after a good night’s sleep.
40. Tomorrow will be a fantastic day.
41. I unplug tonight in order to conquer the day tomorrow.
42. Tomorrow I will wake with a positive attitude.
43. I worked today for a better tomorrow.
44. Tomorrow is full of fresh possibilities.
45. I will wake strong, inspired, and energized tomorrow.
46. I have prepared myself for a beautiful morning.
Positive Sleep Affirmation for Moms
Finally, this is a site dedicated to helping moms live well. So, here are five bedtime affirmations for putting your best foot forward as a parent.
47. I am grateful for the moments with my kids today.
48. I am grateful for the opportunity to care for my family.
49. I did my best today with my children, and that is enough.
50. No one needs me now. It’s time to be kind to myself and let go.
51. I am the best mom I can be when I give myself permission to rest.
How to Make Night Affirmations Work for You
Next, to say and create your own positive self-talk, these tips are essential!
1. You MUST Believe Them
Affirmations like “I sleep 11 hours a night” or “every night I sleep deeply” don’t work because they are hard to believe. Within days, you’ll feel as though you’re lying to yourself and give up affirmations entirely.
Instead, choose something close to your current reality that is not too far of a stretch. Or focus on your action (I calm my mind) instead of your result (I sleep deeply every night).
2. Use Emotion & Visualization
Affirmations work best when you engage your emotions. If you seek a calm and relaxing evening, visualize what that looks like. Then, imagine how you feel and how at peace you are.
3. Repeat Often
A few nights may not be enough to make a noticeable impact on how you feel. So, keep saying your sleep affirmations for at least three weeks and then evaluate if your thoughts feel more positive and restful at night.
4. Say Them in First Person, Present tense
Finally, it helps to say affirmations as though you are actively doing them. This draws on your emotions and helps you visualize your preferred outcome. It’s yet another phenomenal way to motivate yourself into action.
And for more tips and positive self-talk, check out these other amazing posts!
Plus get the self-care toolkit (with ideas and free checklists) for other ways to treat yourself well!
Bedtime Affirmations for Closing Off the Day
For a short video helping with bedtime affirmations, check this out!
Something to Consider With Sleep Affirmations
“Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.”Daphne du Maurier
Much of night affirmations is about giving yourself permission to let go.
Peace lies in all of us, sometimes we just need to peel away the layers to find it. So, try out these bedtime affirmations the next few nights and see how you feel!
What are your favorite sleep affirmations?
Other Personal Development Posts to Enjoy…
- Start the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge – a great way to dive in!
- 50 Thoughtful Journal Prompts – gratitude questions to feel your blessings.
- 30 Calming Gifts for People With Anxiety – self-care gifts everyone will love!