100 Daily Self Love Journal Prompts (for Discovery, Growth, & Confidence)
Self Love Journaling Prompts That Make You Feel Amazing
Try these self love journal prompts to make every day one of love and respect between your mind, heart, and body.
It’s time to give yourself the love you give to others!
We all struggle with our inner critics from time to time, but this type of self love journaling helps us dig deep, explore our inner relationships, and grow in ways we wouldn’t think of on our own.
In this post you’ll find:
- Self love journal prompts
- Journal prompts for self discovery
- Personal growth journal prompts
The Benefits of Journaling for Self Love
Often, when we fill ourselves with self-hatred (even unknowingly), we make the decisions that lead to poorer mental and physical health. We overindulge in food, drink, and other destructive behaviors.
And these become a downward spiral.
BUT, if you make the choice to be more compassionate with yourself instead, it leads to better decisions overall.
So, choose love! And expect these other great things from self-love journaling too:
- Higher levels of confidence
- Better outside relationships (people treat you based on how you treat yourself)
- Lowers anxiety (when you love yourself, you worry less what others think)
- A boost in energy
- Awareness of your blessings
- Self-discovery and personal growth (when you care about yourself, you make your health and happiness a priority)
50 Self Love Journal Writing Prompts
Now, pick a question every day and write your answer in your self love journaling. It’s not always easy, but choosing a positive relationship with yourself is one of the best things you can do for your life.
1. What do you love about your personality? List at least 3 things.
2. What do you love about your body? List at least 3 things.
3. What is one self-loving choice you can make first thing in the morning?
4. What is one self-loving choice you can make just before bed?
5. What are 5 things that make you smile on a daily basis?
6. How can you show your body gratitude today?
7. What is one self-love affirmation you can repeat today or put as a reminder on your phone?
*Find 95 Powerful Affirmations for Self-Love HERE>>
8. How can you show your body and mind love today?
9. Write something positive about 10 of your body parts today.
10. What is one action you can take to help you get more sleep?
11. What is one way you can show yourself more love before falling asleep at night?
13. When was the last time you did something that made you feel amazing? What was it?
14. Name 5 things you are grateful for about your body today. (Find body gratitude ideas HERE)
15. What are 5 things you love about yourself?
16. What makes you feel energetic and radiant?
17. When was the last time you gave your mind a space to rest? (Try meditation)
18. Write a short thank-you note to your body for everything it has done for you so far.
19. What are 5 things that make you unique from others?
20. What mistake made can you forgive yourself for today?
21. When does your inner critic speak most loudly? What can you do to change that environment or thoughts?
22. What 3 hard things you did do today? Where did you show grit and determination?
23. What simple pleasure did you notice today?
24. What are 3 positive changes you have made for yourself in the last year?
25. What is one special talent you have?
26. If you wrote yourself a love note, what would it say?
27. If your daughter asked you for advice about loving and caring for herself, what would you say to her?
28. What compliment can you give yourself today?
29. What kind phrase can you say to yourself the next time you make a mistake?
30. When was the last time you openly praised your body? What did you say?
31. What is one thing you need to stop tolerating in your life?
32. Name your self-loving mantra or word for the day.
33. What is your love language? How can you incorporate that more into your life?
34. When was the last time you respected yourself by setting a boundary?
35. Did you speak to yourself today (or yesterday) the way you would speak to a friend? Why or why not?
36. Stand before a mirror. Smile to yourself. Now, what are 3 kind things you can say to your reflection? Write them down.
37. When you were anxious recently, what did you do that helped bring your thoughts back to center? (These anxiety things to buy might help too)
38. What holds you back from being kind and compassionate to yourself?
39. What is one thing you can do to silence your inner critic today?
40. How did you take care of yourself today? This week? (Use a free self care checklist to help)
41. How can you better take care of yourself tomorrow?
42. Name one adversity you have overcome. How did you do it?
43. What does increased daily self-love look like for you?
44. Name the last time you did something good for others. How did you feel?
45. What are 3 things you are proud of yourself for?
46. If you were to make a “self-love kit or “mommy care package,” what would be in it?
47. What makes you feel confident?
48. What is one small “win” to celebrate when it comes to your health and wellbeing?
49. What is one kind thing you need to tell yourself more often?
50. How will you make yourself a top priority in your daily life today?
*Pick up free self-care checklists in the resource library!
Journal Prompts for Self Discovery
These self-discovery journal prompts will reveal pieces of you that are hiding or you’ve stuffed down deep. Get ready to learn a whole lot more about yourself and the life you want!
51. What is one thing you learned about yourself today (or yesterday)?
52. If you looked at your week, are you living life on accident (going through the motions) or on purpose?
53. What does your ideal day look like?
54. What do you need to start saying no to? (Make a not to-do list HERE)
55. What do you need to start saying yes to? (Getting out of your comfort zone, exercising, etc.)
56. If your friends described you as a person, what would they say?
57. When you look at a day in your life, what is draining your energy? What is fueling your energy?
58. How much of your daily routine is devoted to your highest priorities?
59. Who in your life do you admire and why?
60. In the past week, were you reactive or proactive to life’s daily problems?
61. What is one habit you could add into your day that would be a game-changer in your life?
62. What does “success” mean to you? Is it financial? Is it abundant relationships? Health?
63. Are you living a life true to you, or a life others want you to live?
64. What motivates you to take on the day? (Find ideas to motivate yourself daily HERE)
66. Name one person you spend your time with that inspires you to be a better person?
67. What is the biggest lesson you have learned in life? How has that shaped you?
68. What lesson is life trying to teach you lately?
69. What would the younger you think of who you are now?
70. Where are you headed if you were to make no changes in your life? What does life look like in 10 years?
71. What are the top 5 things on your bucket list?
72. What activities bring you joy? List 10 that make you happiest.
73. How would you rate your quality of life (1-10)? What is bringing that number up or down?
74. What are your 3 biggest obstacles to living a “10” on the quality of life scale?
75. What can you do to overcome or minimize these obstacles?
Journal Prompts for Personal Growth
Next, growing is an act of self-love. If we aren’t growing, we’re simply dying in slow motion. So, take these questions to heart. Leave your safe harbors and tip your toes into the water of your true desires.
76. What does your dream life look like? (Learn to make a dream board HERE)
77. How do you want your life to look in 5 years? In 2 years? In 1 year?
78. What is one good habit you want to incorporate into your life?
79. What is one bad habit you want to stop?
80. Does your daily schedule reflect your highest goals?
81. In what way have you grown recently? Have you improved any skills, knowledge, or rituals?
82. What could you do over the next month to raise your quality of life number in #73?
83. What risks do you need to start taking to live the life you want? Name 3.
84. What are your biggest fears and how can you take a step towards them?
85. What are your top 5 goals right now?
86. What is your “action plan” to reach your highest priority goal?
87. What do you need to do between now and the end of the year to reach your goals?
88. What is one small (seemingly insignificant) change you can make to reach your #1 goal?
89. What 5 things can you do to simplify and streamline in order to spend more time on what matters to you?
90. What 5 things can you automate or delegate to further focus on your highest priorities?
*Try a free email mini-series here for help with streamlining your life!
91. In what area do you most want to grow in your life?
92. List 3 steps you can take today to move you in the right direction.
93. Are you playing the game of life at your highest level? If not, why?
95. What daily action could you take to be a more loving, compassionate person to those around you? What about yourself?
96. What is one stumbling block you’ve had recently that you can turn into a stepping stone?
97. What 5 words do you want your life to stand for?
98. If you found out you had 6 months to live, what would you do?
99. What do you want people to say about you when you are no longer here?
100. What is the legacy you wish to leave behind when you are gone?
Self-Love Journal Challenge
Do your journaling for self love every day, or when you can. But I challenge you to make it a consistent ritual. With every question, you’ll find that you are a little closer to giving yourself the love and growth you deserve in life.
To Consider With Self Love Journaling
Finally, with these self love journal prompts, you’ll notice a clarity you’ve never had before.
You’ll begin to see how much your thoughts drive your actions, whether you are living life by design, and the exact steps you need to take to get to where you want to be.
There is power in knowledge and awareness, so grab it friend!
More self-care and loving posts…
- Digital Self-Care Planner Printable
- Why You Need Self Care Sunday + Ideas
- 41 Meditation Books for More Zen