Start the Free Self-care Routine Checklists Today!
There’s no doubt about it. Stress levels have been at all-time highs, and the unknowns of our larger world haunt us if we let them.
So, if there was ever a time to take exceptional care of yourself. It’s now.
Use these self-care checklists and free printables to do it!
First, What is a Self-Care Checklist?
And why does a weekly self care checklist help us so much?
There are three HUGE reasons you need a self-care routine checklist!
1. It Keeps You Accountable
First, a weekly template helps you see the bigger picture. Often, our days vary and it’s difficult to know what gets done from one day to the next. This weekly self-care checklist is perfect because it helps you visually see how you’re doing on a large scale.
Also, the great thing about a checklist is that it’s black and white. You either did it, or you didn’t. There’s no hiding from data.
2. It Keeps You Consistent
It’s easier to skimp on your commitments to yourself than to other people.
But with the self care checklist pdf, if it’s Thursday and you realize you’re not following through on certain activities, you’ll change course. It gives you a clear way to stay constant.
In fact, I guarantee you’ll take better care of yourself with it than without.
3. It Gives You a Sense of Accomplishment
Finally, checklists are best at helping you feel like you’re making progress.
Sometimes, the benefits of self-care don’t hit us like a train right away, so it’s nice to have something to remind you that your body and mind will thank you later.
Before we get to the download, let’s delve into what should go in your weekly self care actions!
What are the Four Categories of Self-care?
An easy way to think about your wellness needs is to picture the body, heart, mind, and soul. Then, keep reading to see a few bonus categories that help you feel your best too.
Any self-care activities in this category include actions that help your body glow.
- getting consistent exercise
- eating healthy meals and snacks
- drinking plenty of water
- vitamins or supplements
- personal hygiene
- going to doctor’s appointments and check ups
- resting when you are tired and sick
See this post on small steps to be healthier in 2022 for more.
Dr. Kelvas, MD, reminds us “We should spend 1/3 of our lives asleep. This is crucial for neuron recovery, hormone regulation, memory, and mood. Women need alone time, play time, and healthy sleep hygiene.
These actions keep your emotional wellbeing stable:
- going on vacations and trying new experiences
- taking time away from technology (unplugging from the 24/7 digital world can do wonders for your heart and mind)
- taking note of simple pleasures
- spending quality time with loved ones
- doing something that makes you laugh
- learning stress management techniques
- participating in support groups (and social interaction)
- Having an outlet for your worries, fears, and resentments
Psychological (Mind) :
These self-care activities promote learning and growing.
- learning something new
- getting out of your comfort zone (find easy ways to begin branching out)
- reflecting on growth
- practicing a hobby (here are great hobby ideas for women)
- going on a new adventure or challenge
- doing something creative that you wouldn’t normally do
- working on a new habit
- using positive daily affirmations to re-wire your thoughts
- reading or listening to a podcast (read: Amazing Books for Women)
Related: Books To Start A Reading Habit
Next, these actions connect you with your deepest self and the bigger picture of life. Examples include:
- going to church
- practicing yoga
- being grateful for all the good in the world (Find easy gratitude practices)
- reflecting on life (identifying what gives your life meaning)
- deciding what your highest morals, priorities, and values are
- time in nature
- participating in causes you believe in
- spending time alone
Studies show that the happiest people in the world are that way because they have close, connected relationships. To build yours, check out these self-care activities.
- enjoying meaningful conversations with loved ones
- going on vacations and taking trips with friends and family
- meeting new people and making friends
- spending time with people who lift you up, and avoiding those who don’t
- asking for and offering help to others
- smiling and saying “hello” or “good morning” to strangers
Finally, these actions for your self-care checklist with help with your overall satisfaction and happiness in the workplace.
- improving in your craft and learning new things
- setting work boundaries and limits to prevent burnout (work-life balance)
- keeping your workspace uncluttered and organized (which relieves mental strain)
- attending conferences and business development opportunities
- doing work that you find rewarding and internally satisfying
- building relationships with coworkers (and learning how to deal with difficult people too)
Of the six, what are you getting on a weekly or daily basis? What are you lacking?
How do I start basic self-care?
Now, the list above gave you lots of ideas. Next, here’s how you create your customized self-care routine.
How to use your self-care checklist pdf plan:
1. Use the list of activities to fill in your free self care checklist. Stick to actions that you want to do often and that give the most benefit. These will go on the left side of your printable.
2. Brainstorm when the best time to do the activities is. Then, decide how you can make following through as easy as possible.
3. Put your weekly self-care checklist in a place that you see often (your refrigerator, on top of your desk, etc.) If you want to make it re-usable, put it in a page protector or picture frame and write with a dry erase marker.
4. Check each evening whether you followed through.
By the end of the week, you’ll have a solid picture of how well you did with each action.
Check out the video for how the weekly self-care checklist works for me!
Then, keep reading for where to get your template and helpful tips for success.
Get your Weekly Self Care Checklist Template Pdf
Grab more fun free printables like this:
6 Tips for Following Through on Your Self Care Plan
Want to get the most out of the self-care checklist routine? Consider these tips!
1. Plan Ahead
First, schedule the time ahead!
Get up early, make an evening hour non-negotiable, or schedule in meetings with friends weeks ahead of time. The more you find the time for self-care beforehand, the easier it will be to follow through.
2. Combine it With a Daily Self Care Checklist
I found the daily checklist particularly helpful when my kids were very young.
So, if you’re at a time of life where routine is hard, or you just need the extra satisfaction, check out the daily checklist in the free self-care toolkit or see the epic 59-page self-care planner for LOTS of ways to skyrocket your progress!
3. Incorporate it Into Your Daily Routine
It’s much easier to be consistent with healthy habits if they are incorporated into a routine that we already do. So, be sure to sandwich your self-care between activities that you do automatically for best results.
For example: Read a chapter from a book after your shower and before your first cup of coffee.
Related Post: 15 Wellness Routines of Successful Women
4. Time Block it Into Your Day
Use the time block template below and block off a daily time to devote to your self-care. By having a consistent pre-determined time, you’re much more likely to follow through on an everyday basis.
5. Try Self Care Days
Too busy to care properly for yourself during the week?
Instead, invest in more time over the weekend to do what your body and mind need. Try a self-care day where you spend a larger chunk of time or an entire weekend recharging.
6. Commit to a Challenge
Once the challenge is over, you’ll be on a roll!
More Free Self-Care Checklist Templates Around the Web
Now, perhaps my design isn’t what you’re looking for. Or you’d like to try something different. No worries! Here are more free self-care checklist printables for you!
HHI Daily Self-Care Checklist
First, don’t miss out on the other free printable on this site. This self-care checklist pdf has 10 habits that make for an amazing day – both for happiness and for productivity.
You can grab the daily checklist on this site here along with tons of other free self-care goodies.
Pretty Self Care Checklist
Next, this template is colorful and fun! It has lots of actions to consider if you’re looking to customize your own list too.
Blue Self-Care Checklist
This daily self-care checklist gives you great habits in a simplistic blue printable.
Customizable Template Checklist
This self-care checklist has sections for gratitude, growth, and 8 different areas of self-care.
Weekly Self Care Tracker
This template is a little bit different, but I love that it has a blank spot for a brain dump. Sometimes, we need to get those churning thoughts out of our heads.
This checklist is divided by the basic categories of self-care, so you can see where to put your focus. For more help becoming aware, see this self-care assessment quiz.
Free 12 Days of Christmas Self-Care Checklist
The holidays are a difficult time of year for our mental health. Battle back with the amazing Christmas self-care challenge and checklist!
Self-Care Checklist for Nurses
This checklist was made specifically to help nurses take better care of themselves. How cool!
Self-Care Checklist for Busy Mums
So many of the readers here are busy moms. I love that it features simple things like “take a shower.” Because sometimes, it’s the simple things that make a big win for a mom.
Free Self-Care Guide (4 Pages)
This site offers an entire guide with checklist, journal prompts, and more in a 4 page free bundle. (You can find positive self-love journal prompts here too)
Free New Year’s Checklist
Finally, this self-care checklist for the New Year is so cute! If you are a more visual person, this one is perfect!
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Self-Care Checklist
This checklist has targeted daily, weekly, and monthly highlights already written in with space to add more areas.
Self-Care Cheat Sheet
This simple self-care cheat sheet gives you different time ranges to make sure you get some self care in-even if you only have 5 minutes.
Self-Care Checklist with Categories
I like this one because it is a comprehensive checklist in 6 different self-care categories.
Simple Daily Self-Care Checklist
Print the completed checklist or fill in your own to take care of yourself daily.
Self-Care For All Around Health
This checklist reminds you that you can’t pour from an empty cup.
Body, Mind, and Spirit Weekly Self-Care Checklist
Complete with inspiring ideas, fill in this weekly self-care checklist with your intentions.
Self-Care Checklist For Students
This unique self-care checklist for students will help with studying and overall daily health.
Self-Care Checklist For Men and Women
Download this self-care checklist perfect for couples with activity ideas in many areas including financial and enviornmental self-care.
Self Care Checklist for Dad
Dads need self-care too. Grab a printable checklist for the dads in your life.
*Looking for a different way to track self-care? Check out this self-care bingo and share with a friend.
To Consider With Weekly Self Care
Take the above quote to heart. Take care of yourself as you would a prized possession. You wouldn’t abuse an object you cherish or someone you care about, so don’t do that to yourself.
Have you used a weekly self care checklist? What did you think?
Other Self Care Posts to Enjoy…
- How to Make an Awesome DIY Self Care Kit – small objects for better self-love.
- 87 Inspiring Take Care of Yourself Quotes – a little inspiration never hurts anybody.
- How to Improve Your Quality of Life – easy steps to a more impactful life.