Unique Questions to Get To Know Someone Better
Getting to know someone new is awkward and uncomfortable. But what if you had a toolbox full of questions to help you connect? Eliminate the work with the #1 list of get to know you questions.
Best Get to Know You Questions – Rapid Fire
First, these interesting questions will get the conversation flowing in a snappy, quick way!
1. Where is your happy place?
2. What’s your favorite birthday dessert?
3. What is one thing you still have from when you were little?
4. Who would you want to be with on a deserted island?
5. What career did you dream of having as a kid?
6. What is the worst sound in the world to you?
7. If you could make up a holiday, what would it be named?
8. What is your own personal kryptonite?
9. What’s your favorite day of the week?
10. What is your Zodiac sign? Do you believe in it?
11. If you were to give one book to all of your friends, what would it be?
12. What object do you lose the most?
13. If you could teleport right now, where would you go?
14. Name a song that makes you happy.
15. What is at the very top of your bucket list?
16. On a scale of 1-10, how stylish are you?
17. What are you most looking forward to in the next week?
18. Are you an explorer or homebody?
19. Morning person or night owl?
20. Beach or mountains?
21. What is your favorite quote from a movie?
22. Who is your favorite superhero?
23. What is something that really needs to be invented?
24. What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
25. What is the best movie you’ve ever seen?
- For 250 more, see this full Rapid Fire Questions Post >>
Fun Questions to Ask People You Just Met
Next, these basic get to know you questions are great at a party and work well for adults or kids.
Ice Breaker Questions
276. How many people are in your family?
277. What animal would you like to have for a pet?
278. What is your favorite game?
279. What is your favorite thing to learn?
280. Where is one place you would like to travel?
281. What’s the most boring part of your day? What’s the most exciting?
282. If you could do anything for a living, what would it be?
283. What show on Netflix (or Hulu/Disney) have you binge watched the fastest?
284. If you were to enter a photography competition, what would you take pictures of?
285. What is not real, but you really wish it was?
286. If you reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you be?
287. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
288. Who makes the best movie villain? Why?
289. What do you daydream about?
Yes or No Questions To Get to Know You
615. Do you have any weird phobias?
616. Do you enjoy watching sports?
617. Do you think it would be fun to be a pirate?
618. Do you like the age you are now?
619. Do you consider yourself a risk-taker?
620. Would you ever let someone else pick out your clothes?
621. Have you ever had two jobs at once?
622. Would you ever want to become an astronaut?
623. Have you ever had to stay at the hospital overnight?
624. Do you know how to swim?
625. Do you like spicy food?
- See 239 more yes or no questions here >>
Deep Get to Know You Questions
The following questions are more thoughtful. These questions to know someone better open the group up to connecting in a serious, meaningful way.
Deep Questions To Get to Know Someone
864. What is your most cherished possession?
865. If you have a big decision to make, who do you talk to about it?
866. What has turned out to be a huge silver lining in your life?
867. Who was your hero growing up and why?
868. How would your closest friends describe you?
869. Do you consider yourself to be health-conscious?
870. When was the last time you tried something new?
871. Name three of your happiest moments in life.
872. If you could only celebrate one holiday per year, which would it be?
873. Do you consider yourself more religious or more spiritual?
874. Which of your parents are you most like?
875. What is one thing you do daily that makes you crazy happy?
876. What is something about you that you don’t tell a lot of people about?
- Find 337 additional deep questions to ask here >>
Thought Provoking Questions
1213. How can you make today matter? Five years from today, what will this day have meant for you?
1214. If our dreams are our subconscious trying to tell us something, what are your dreams trying to tell you?
1215. What one thing would you hoard if you knew it wasn’t going to be made anymore?
1216. What’s a popular invention (or franchise) that you think society would have done better without?
1217. What is something that seems impossible now, but you think will become possible in your lifetime?
1218. What has the fear of failure stopped you from doing?
1219. What’s one law that you think needs to be changed?
1220. If you were given $5,000, but you had to spend it all in a week, what would you buy?
1221. If you could change three things about our world, what would they be?
1222. If you could ask one person (dead or alive) one question, what would you ask?
1223. Do you think there are ever situations where it’s better to be ignorant?
1224. What do you think is the best advice to give children these days?
- Check out 363 more deep thought provoking questions here >>
Funny Questions to Get to Know Someone
Next, the following get to know you questions are light and fun. Ask them to friends or family and get ready to laugh.
This or That Questions
1587. Hoarder or minimalist?
1588. Batman or Superman?
1589. Suv or minivan?
1590. Daydreaming or exploring?
1591. Save or spend?
1592. Board game or card game?
1593. Vintage or modern?
1594. Secret code or secret passageway?
1595. Find a buried treasure or discover an unknown planet?
- See 341 more fun This or That Questions >>
Who’s Most Likely To Questions
(These questions work best if you know the person a little bit.)
1936. Who is most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse?
1937. Who’s most likely to finish eating first?
1938. Who’s most likely to own the most pets?
1939. Who is most likely to cheer another person up?
1940. Who is most likely to live in a big city?
1941. Who is most likely to live in the country?
1942. Who is most likely to make a friend out of a stranger?
1943. Who is most likely to be on Broadway?
1944. Who is most likely to give all of their belongings away?
1945. Who is most likely to live in a haunted house?
- Find 240 more Questions For Who is Most Likely to >>
How Well Do You Know Me Questions
2185. What’s my favorite store?
2186. What are my hobbies?
2187. What’s my least favorite season of the year?
2188. If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, what would it be?
2189. What’s my favorite sport?
2190. If I went to Hogwarts, which house would I be sorted into?
- See the full All About Me list of questions here >>
Questions to Get to Know Students
These get-to-know-you questions are for kids, and they make for interesting conversations!
Never Have I Ever Questions Kids
2485. Never have I ever fallen out of bed in the middle of the night.
2186. Never have I ever broken a bone.
2187. Never have I ever watched the same show five times.
2188. Never have I ever clogged a toilet.
2189. Never have I ever ridden on a roller coaster.
2190. Never have I ever read a whole book in one day.
2191. Never have I ever laughed at a joke I didn’t get.
2192. Never have I ever blamed a pet for something I did.
- Find 242 more clean & fun never have I ever kids questions >>
Would You Rather Kids Questions
2434. Would you rather climb a ladder to the sky or dig a tunnel to the middle of the Earth?
2435. Would you rather go back into the past or see into the future?
2436. Would you rather eat pizza or macaroni and cheese?
2437. Would you rather be able to fly or be super fast?
2438. Would you rather have a nose the size of a pea or ears the size of an elephant?
2439. Would you rather be a witch with magical powers or a superhero with special abilities?
2440. Would you rather see a tiny elephant or a giant ant?
2441. Would you rather have constant bug bites or a constant cold sore?
2442. Would you rather find $5 in your jacket pocket or find all your missing socks?
2443. Would you rather have a pet dragon or a pet unicorn?
- See 335 more good kids would you rather questions >>
Birthday Interview Questions
2778. If you could create an animal, what would it look like? What would it do?
2779. What’s one thing you’d love to learn this year?
2280. How old are grandma and grandpa?
2281. What is the best thing about your birthday?
2282. What is your favorite type of weather?
2283. What is something you accomplished in your last year?
2284. What do mom and dad like to do for fun?
- Find the full list of birthday interview questions here >>
Questions to Get to Know Your Partner
These liven up and deepen your relationship. They are great get to know you questions for couples, while dating or when you’re sitting at home.
Would You Rather Questions For Couples
2362. Would you rather be with someone who hates your favorite foods or hates your pet?
2363. Would you rather spend most of your day alone or surrounded by people?
2364. Would you rather scuba dive or hang glide with your partner?
2365. Would you rather your partner could read your mind when you wanted something or gave you a compliment every day?
2366. Would you rather give up social media or television?
2367. Would you rather have a water fight or a food fight with your partner?
2368. Would you rather be more patient or more confident?
2369. Would you rather find out your partner ate weird things (crickets, ants, etc.) or occasionally stole and dressed in other people’s clothes?
2370. Would you rather your partner had long or short hair?
2371. Would you rather your partner was always trying to solve unsolved mysteries or plotting how to survive an unlikely apocalyptic event?
2372. Would you rather go camping in a serene landscape or explore a beautiful bustling city?
2373. Would you rather be with someone who is overly romantic or overly practical?
- See 213 more fun would you rather couples questions >>
Fun Get to Know You Couples Questions
2586. Do you like surprises from your significant other?
2587. Do you believe in love at first sight?
2588. What is one thing you think is seriously overrated when it comes to relationships?
2589. Which Olympic event or sport do you think your partner would be good at?
2590. Do you argue with your partner about the thermostat setting?
2591. Do you believe your partner would ever come back to haunt you as a ghost?
2592. Would you ever share your toothbrush with your partner?
2593. If you had to pick between fire and ice, which one is your partner?
2594. Would you ever get matching tattoos with your partner?
2595. Have we ever been on a bad date?
2596. What is one thing that you tried with your partner that you thought you’d hate, but you ended up loving?
2597. Do you think you could ever work with your partner?
2598. What do you most appreciate about your partner?
- See more of the best questions for couples here >>
Questions to Get to Know Coworkers (Your Team)
Next, use these questions to get to know someone better at work. They are great for adults and coworkers to connect at the office.
What If Get To Know You Questions
2599. What if you could live anywhere in the world? Where would you go?
2600. What if you started a secret society? What would it be about?
2601. What if you suddenly understood your dog (or cat)? What do you think they would say?
2602. What if you were asked to give a speech in front of thousands? Would you do it?
2603. What if you could learn the truth about one major event in history? What would you pick?
2604. What if you could hire someone to help you with anything? Who would you hire and what would they do?
2605. What if you had to go through a natural disaster, but you could choose which one? What would you choose?
2606. What if you could see the future? Would it be a blessing or a curse?
2607. What if you lost all your memories except for one? Which would you keep?
2608. What if you met someone who said they time traveled? Would you believe them?
2609. What if one futuristic thing from a movie became real in life? What would you want it to be?
2610. What if you could uninvent something? What would it be?
2611. What if you could make everyone in the world insanely passionate about one thing? What would it be?
- See more from the best list of what if questions here >>
Fun 21 Questions Game
2823. If magic were real, what would you want to do first with it?
2824. What is something that some people don’t understand about you?
2825. If you forgot your true age, what age do you think you would be?
2826. What is a childhood memory that still makes you laugh?
2827. Where is one place you hope you never have to go?
2828. If you could find out the truth about one life mystery, what would it be?
2829. What work of art does everyone love, and you don’t understand why?
2830. What’s the worst advice you ever received?
2831. How do you hope people remember you when you die?
2832. What is the worst gift you ever received?
2833. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done?
2844. What is a food that most people love, and you think is gross?
- See the full list of 21 questions game ideas here >>
Great Questions to Get to Know Yourself Better
And finally, these personal questions help you get to know yourself better. Without proper reflection, it’s sometimes difficult to see what’s right in front of us.
Gratitude Journal Prompts
2932. What have you learned this year that has benefited you?
2933. What music are you most grateful for?
2934. Describe something beautiful that is outside of your window.
2935. What do you look forward to every week?
2936. When you look up at the stars at night, what do you think about?
2937. What has been the best thing about being the age that you are?
2938. What do you cherish about your children? (Or other people’s children?)
2939. What do you love most about each season of the year?
2940. Tell of a way someone helped you recently.
2941. Describe your favorite vacation. What did you love about it?
2942. What positive memory happened in the last week that you are thankful for?
- See all of the amazing gratitude prompts for journaling here >>
Self Discovery & Love Journal Prompts
3106. What is one thing you can do to silence your inner critic today?
3107. What are 5 things that make you unique from others?
3108. What is one kind thing you need to tell yourself more often?
3109. What is one small “win” to celebrate when it comes to your health and wellbeing?
3110. How will you make yourself a top priority in your daily life today?
3111. What are 5 things that make you smile on a daily basis?
3112. Who in your life do you admire and why?
3113. What does “success” mean to you? Is it financial? Is it abundant relationships? Health?
3114. What are 3 positive changes you have made for yourself in the last year?
3115. If you wrote yourself a love note, what would it say?
3116. What lesson is life trying to teach you lately?
3117. What mistake made can you forgive yourself for today?
3118. What activities bring you joy? List 10 that make you happiest.
3119. What are 3 things you are proud of yourself for?
- Find the full list of self love prompts here >>
To Consider With Unique Get to Know You Questions
Whether you connect with fun and flirty, or deep and soulful questions, there’s something for everyone on this list.