This pick a number and answer the question game is a popular icebreaker activity that can be played with family or friends!
In our lively numbers question game, when a player chooses a number, they answer that specific question. It’s a fun and engaging way to get to know others better.
How Do You Play A Numbers Question Game?
The rules of the game are simple:
- Pick a list of numbered questions below and choose a player to be the question reader.
- Have another player pick a number.
- The question reader will read the question of the chosen number.
- The person who chose the number will answer the corresponding question.
- Move on to the next person and take turns until all the questions have been asked. Or let everyone answer each question before moving on to a new number.
*For a unique approach, use an online number generator wheel that will pick the number for you.
The numbers question games below have been divided into 5 different categories and each has 50 questions.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
Pick a Number Questions Game: To Get To Know Someone
First, use this numbers question game to get to know others better.
1. What is one thing you consider yourself really good at?
2. Using only one word, how would you describe your family?
3. Where would you like to travel to that you haven’t?
4. What job did you dream of having as a child?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. When do you feel the happiest?
7. What is something new you have tried recently?
8. What is something you have accomplished that you are proud of?
9. What is one food you would never want to have to go without?
10. What is something you are most grateful for?
11. What is your favorite thing to do to have fun?
12. What is a weird quirk you have?
13. What favorite book would you recommend?
14. What is something that you wish you were better at?
15. What emoji do you use the most?
16. What were you like as a kid?
17. What possession do you cherish most?
18. What is something about you that you don’t tell a lot of people?
19. What is the best way to spend a Friday night?
20. If you changed careers, what would you do instead?
21. What fun hobby do you wish you had more time for?
22. What is a simple life pleasure you enjoy?
23. What is your favorite season and why?
24. What is the last movie or series you watched?
25. What is your most irrational fear?
26. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
27. What is a topic you avoid talking about?
28. What is a food you could eat every day?
29. What personal habit do you wish you were better at?
30. What secret talent do you have that most people don’t know?
31. Who do you admire most? Why?
32. What sport do you enjoy the most?
33. What is something that you do really well?
34. What is your all-time favorite meal?
35. What is something you are looking forward to?
36. What are the three best decisions you’ve made in your life so far?
37. What is a trait that you admire in others?
38. What is a guilty pleasure you have?
39. What is your favorite way to spend free time?
40. What is a happy memory from your childhood?
41. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
42. What song would you karaoke if you had to?
43. What three words can describe you well?
44. What do you do to relieve stress?
45. What is your least favorite holiday? Why?
46. What’s the worst haircut you’ve ever had?
47. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you choose?
48. What T.V. game show would you do well at?
49. If you could switch lives with anyone for a day, who would it be?
50. What is something you wished you’d done earlier in life?
Pick a Number Game Questions For Adults: This or That
This or that? Pick one for a super quick and fun game!
This can be played with two people or a small group. For a fun variation, guess what someone else might say to answer the question instead.
1. Sweet or Salty?
2. Mountain or Beach?
3. Save or Spend?
4. Movie or Book?
5. Indoor or Outdoor?
6. Home or Out?
8. Dog or Cat?
9. Summer or Winter?
10. Plan or Spontaneous?
11. Bath or Shower?
12. Camping or Hotel?
13. City or Country?
14. Neat or Messy?
15. Coffee or Tea?
16. Text or Call?
17. Dishes or Laundry?
18. Sleep in or Nap?
19. Wine or Beer?
20. Chocolate or Vanilla?
21. Cook the meal or do the dishes?
22. Coke or Pepsi?
23. Concert or Sporting event?
24. Optimist or Realist?
25. Bike or Walk?
26. Lake or Swimming pool?
27. Sunrise or Sunset?
28. Sandwich or Salad?
29. Spicy or Mild?
30. Tech savvy or low tech?
31. Hug or Kiss?
32. Plane or Car?
33. Socks or Barefoot?
34. Pizza or Pasta?
35. Hamburger or Hot dog?
36. Batman or Superman?
37. Target or Amazon?
38. Bed made or unmade?
39. Electric car or Gas car?
40. Netflix or Hulu?
41. Tacos or Pizza?
42. Banana or Apple?
43. Family or Friends?
44. Looks or Personality?
45. Football or basketball?
46. Country or Hip-Hop?
47. Quiet or Loud?
48. Ice cream or Cake?
49. Star Wars or Marvel?
50. Reality TV or Drama?
Fun Flirty Number Questions Game For Couples
This numbers question game is for couples! These questions are a flirty and spicy way to connect with your partner.
1. Who is better at flirting?
2. What is your favorite way to be romantic?
3. Who is more likely to do something spontaneous?
4. What does your partner do to put you in the mood?
5. If you could pick out underwear for your partner, what would they look like?
6. What is your dream vacation with your partner?
7. What is your favorite type of date night?
8. What do you wish you and your partner would do more together?
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your partner?
10. Where do you love to be touched?
11. What are your 2 favorite body parts of your partner?
12. What does your partner do that makes your feel loved?
13. If you were to role-play with your partner, what would you like to try?
14. When did you know you loved your partner?
15. What are you most grateful for about your relationship?
16. What is something on your bucket list that you would like to do as a couple?
17. What is the most romantic thing your partner says to you?
18. What do you admire about your partner?
19. What is one word you can use to describe your partner?
20. Where have you enjoyed traveling most with your partner?
21. Do you wish you and your partner had more public displays of affection? Why or why not?
22. What is your favorite restaurant to visit with your partner?
23. What is your partner’s love language?
24. What fun tradition do you and your partner enjoy together?
25. What is something your partner did for you today that you appreciate?
26. In what way have you most grown together as a couple?
27. What type of class or lesson would you take with your partner to learn something new?
28. What do you take for granted in your relationship with your partner?
29. What is something you can do to strengthen your relationship with your partner?
30. Which of you is more likely to forget an important date?
31. How do you like to spend a free day with your partner?
32. Do you believe in soulmates?
33. What is your partner the best at?
34. Do you tell your partner most everything? If not, what is something you keep to yourself?
35. Can you think of a time when you felt jealous?
36. What celebrity or movie couple are you and your partner most like?
37. What is something new you think you and your partner should try?
38. What does your partner do that makes you laugh?
39. Where would you like to get intimate that you have not?
40. Would you rather your partner be dirty or romantic?
41. Would you rather go on a date night alone or invite other couples?
42. If you hopped in the car right now, where would you road trip to with your partner?
43. Do you have a relationship goal that you and your partner would like to reach?
44. What is one way you are different from your partner?
45. What is one way you and your partner are alike?
47. What is something creative you can do to spice up your bedroom intimacy?
48. What is something spicy you can text your partner? (Do it now!)
49. Would you rather your partner thought your best quality was that you were smart, funny, or sexy?
50. Would you rather your partner wore something sexy or nothing at all?
More Questions for Couples:
- Fun Questions for Married Couples
- Questions To Start Conversations For Couples
- Would You Rather Questions For Couples
- Couples Challenge Questions
Yes or No Numbers Game Questions For Anyone
Yes or no questions also move quickly to keep the game fun and upbeat. These are great questions for kids and adults!
Simply answer “yes” or “no” (maybe is not a choice!). Elaborate only if you want.
1. Have you read a good book lately?
2. Are you a picky eater?
3. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
4. Do you snore?
5. Have you done something you shouldn’t have done recently?
6. Do you spend too much time on screens?
7. Do you eat breakfast?
8. Are you a rule follower?
9. Are you an animal person?
10. Are you easy to live with?
11. Do you wake up happy?
12. Have you ever quit anything?
13. Do you have a nickname?
14. Can you keep a secret?
15. Do you secretly snack?
16. Do you have a strange fear?
17. Do you talk out loud to yourself when you are alone?
18. Do you lose things easily?
19. Are you a messy person?
20. Do you make your bed?
21. Have you ever walked out of a bathroom with toilet paper stuck to your shoe?
22. Are you a control freak?
23. Do you like surprises?
24. Do you worry a lot?
25. Do you eat food you have dropped on the floor?
26. Do you shower or bathe daily?
27. Would you move if you could?
28. Do you believe in ghosts?
29. Do you enjoy sports?
30. Do you like being outside in nature?
31. Do you think aliens exist?
32. Do you believe in heaven?
33. Do you have regrets?
34. Do you have a favorite hobby you like to do often?
35. Do you think money is important?
36. Have you ever been in love?
37. Do you have a favorite movie?
38. Are you scared of heights?
39. Do you sing in the shower?
40. Have you traveled outside of the country?
41. Do you have a best friend?
42. Do you like to play truth or dare?
43. Do you have a tattoo (adults) or scar?
44. Have you ever been really sick?
45. Do you like social media?
46. Have you ever told a lie?
47. Do you have good style?
48. Are you competitive?
49. Can you tell a good joke?
50. Do you overall enjoy your job or school?
- More Yes or No Questions For Kids & Adults
- 21 Questions Game
- Ice Breaker Questions for Kids & Adults
Fun Numbers Question Game For Kids
Lastly, kids and the entire family will enjoy answering these number game questions.
1. If you could eat anything you wanted today, what would it be?
2. If you could pick any pet, what would it be?
3. What superhero power would you choose?
4. What toy would you buy right now if you had the chance?
5. What rule do you wish you didn’t have to follow?
6. What do you think is the best age to be? Why?
7. What is something you are scared of?
8. What do you like most about school?
9. What do you like least about school?
10. If you were in charge, what rule would you make up first?
11. What is something you never want to have to eat again?
12. If you could spend your entire day doing something, what would it be?
13. What is the best ice cream flavor?
14. Where would you like to visit that you have not?
15. If you could change your name, what would you make it?
16. Do you collect anything?
18. Would you rather snuggle on the couch or play basketball in the driveway?
19. What is the worst chore you have?
20. What is your favorite restaurant?
21. What do you wish you could try that your parents won’t let you?
22. What makes you feel cared for?
23. What is your favorite holiday and why?
24. What do you hope you can do when you grow up for a job?
25. What do you think makes a good friend?
26. Is it more important to be kind or popular?
27. Who is the funniest person you know?
28. Do you look like your mom or your dad?
29. Who do you enjoy spending time with the most?
30. What is your family like?
31. If your parents gave you a ‘yes’ day and you could do anything, what would you do?
32. Would you rather give up TV or dessert?
33. Would you like to be outside all day or inside?
34. Do you have a favorite board or card game?
35. What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
36. What personal hygiene habit are you the worst at?
37. What is your best school subject?
38. Do you prefer candy or chocolate?
39. What is your favorite toy?
40. What is your favorite snack?
41. What do you think your parents were like when they were kids?
42. Do you have a hidden talent?
43. Would you rather do schoolwork or chores at home?
44. What is the best thing about the age you are right now?
45. How are you different from your siblings?
46. What do you love to do?
47. What do you despise doing?
48. What makes you laugh the most?
49. What type of pizza do you like?
50. What do you love most about your birthday?
More Questions For Kids:
- Put a Finger Down Questions For Kids
- Would You Rather Questions For Kids
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Fun Questions To Ask For A Laugh
More Ways to Play: Numbers Question Game
Make the numbers question game more unique and challenging by using one of these variations.
Instagram, Snapchat or TikTok: Numbers Question Game
Play on social media by posting a list of these numbered questions. Ask people to comment on the number that corresponds with the question they want you to answer. Then answer the question.
Use a Timer
Think quickly! Set a timer so that players have a limited time to answer each question. The amount of time will depend on the type of questions you are using to play the game.
For this interesting variation, the player who picks the number has to answer the question, and then the other players have to guess what the question was.
Playing the numbers question game works with trivia too! Have a player pick a number and ask the trivia question associated with that number. Play in teams and keep score for added fun and competition.
Pick a trivia topic your group is interested in:
Truth or Dare Questions
If a player does not want to answer a question they picked, they can complete a dare or challenge given to them by the other players instead.
What’s Next With The Numbers Question Game
We have many awesome question articles, and this numbers question game can be played with any of them!
Check out these next:
- Favorite Things Questions For Adults & Kids
- Funny Who Is Most Likely To Questions
- Thought Provoking Questions For Kids & Adults