The Complete Dinner List
I’ve cooked five million meals in the last month. Or at least it feels that way.
Of course, staying home is an awesome opportunity to get creative in the kitchen, but my inspiration on healthy dinner ideas has been lacking lately.
So, one day, I found myself wishing I had a huge list of meals for dinner when meal planning. One that also had crockpot, vegetarian, and pantry ideas.
Have you wished for this too?
Well, good! Because now there is one!
This post contains an affiliate link at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
Below are 95+ ideas to make for dinner (or lunch)! Also, it includes additional notes for making things healthier. It’s easy to use lettuce wraps or sweet potato buns in place of bread, and cauliflower rice adds an easy vegetable to many dishes.
Without further adu, check out the extensive list!
Then, print the FREE download at the end!
95+ Dinner Meal List
Great Dinner Classics
- Shephard’s Pie (try cauliflower or sweet potato topping)
- Pot Pie
- Pork chops
- Pan baked bell pepper, sausage, and potato
- Fish (salmon, cod, etc) and sides
- Meatballs with rice or noodles (try whole wheat noodles)
- Sloppy Joes (try on sweet potato)
- Hot dogs or brats (try sweet potato buns)
- Burgers (try on lettuce wraps)
- Steak and sides
- Grilled chicken breasts (marinade in Italian dressing, Ranch, or Dijon mustard)
- Roasted whole chicken or turkey
- Ribs and sides
- Pork Loin and sides
- Grilled or boiled shrimp and sides
- Chicken and rice casserole
Scrumptious Mexican Food
- Tacos (use lettuce wraps, stuffed peppers or zucchini boats)
- Fajitas (try lettuce wraps)
- Nachos (try sweet potato chips)
- Enchiladas (try zucchini enchilada boats)
- Taco soup
- Stuffed peppers
- Black bean and rice bowls
Delicious Italian Food
- Spaghetti and meatballs (try spaghetti squash noodles)
- Lasagna rolls (try zucchini)
- Homemade pizza (load it with veggies)
- Chicken parmesan (use whole wheat noodles)
- Garlicky shrimp zucchini pasta
- Chicken alfredo (try zucchini noodles like in the picture)
Healthy & Hearty Soups
- Butternut squash soup (our all-time favorite)
- Chicken noodle soup (you can take out the noodles!)
- Tomato soup
- Potato soup
- Taco soup
- Carrot soup
- Sweet potato soup
- White chicken chili
- Minestrone soup
- Corn chowder
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Brocolli cheddar soup
- Chicken potato soup
Salads & Sandwiches
- Cobb salad
- Panini (on whole wheat bread)
- BLT (try lettuce wraps)
- BBQ chicken salad
- Taco salad
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Meatball subs (use whole wheat buns)
- Our FAVORITE spinach strawberry salad
- French dip sandwiches (on whole wheat buns)
- Philly Sandwiches (on whole wheat buns)
- Chicken salad sandwiches
- Egg salad sandwiches
Related Post: 11 Delicious Green Salad Recipes
Awesome Crockpot Dinner Ideas
- Honey sesame chicken
- Pulled pork
- Beef and broccoli
- Pot roast
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Salsa chicken (chicken breast with broth, salsa, & taco seasoning – great Mexican food filling!)
- Whole chicken in the crockpot
- Chicken potato soup (pictured above)
Related Post: 12 Weeknight Crockpot Dinners
Great Vegetarian/Vegan Dinners
- Taco soup/chili without the meat
- Spaghetti (use zucchini noodles)
- Asian fried rice (try cauliflower rice like in the picture below!)
- Quesadillas (use whole wheat tortillas)
- Homemade pizza without the meat (try whole wheat pita bread for a SUPER fast version!)
- Soup (pick from above!) and salad
- Rainbow stew (Read this book FIRST with the kids and make it a fun family project!)
- Vegetarian lasagna
- Bean and veggie burritos
- Pesto noodles
- Homemade mac & cheese
- Rice and beans
- Loaded baked or sweet potatoes (without meat)
Perfect Dinners to Use Up What You Have
In this list of meals for dinner, these ideas are marvelous for cleaning out the freezer, fridge, or pantry. Mix and match using what you have!
- Loaded baked or sweet potatoes
- Skillet hash or stirfry (add sauce or pesto to spice it up!)
- Salads – throw in what you have in the fridge!
Shake it Up Ideas
One day a week, we crave variety and a meal that’s not like the others.
- Snacky Dinner (veggies and dip, popcorn, fruit, cheese and crackers)
- Breakfast for dinner
- Grilled/baked foil packets (like you’re camping!)
- Homemade chicken nuggets
Don’t forget the printable!
I’ll be keeping this list handy for meal planning sessions!
Something to Consider With the Dinner List
Finally, cooking more brings a new-found chance to find meals that your family loves. So, don’t be shy! Get in the kitchen and mix up your meals. Plus, try some new healthier variations and see what they say.
Who knows? Maybe you’ll find favorites to make for years to come!
What’s on your list of meals for dinner? I’d love to know and add it to this giant dinner list!
Other healthy food posts you may enjoy….
- 17 Useful Tips to Eat Healthy on a Budget
- 50 Easy Snacks for Healthy Kids
- 21 Quick & Healthy Weeknight Meals