Kind Words to Thank a Teacher + Free Printable
I’ve been blown away by teachers this year. In the face of unprecedented change in schools, they have stepped up.
They are thinking, re-thinking, sacrificing, and working their butts off so that our children can have a great school experience during a pandemic. This kind of dedication to our kids brings tears to my eyes.
And it has worked for my own children. They feel welcome and somewhat “normal.” at school. Hallelujah!
This posts contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more.
So, today I bring you some easy ways to appreciate teachers. These ideas are great for a Christmas thank you, Teacher Appreciation Week, or anytime!
Teachers need the encouragement to overcome challenges as much as anyone. So, let’s give them some love!
This post includes:
- Teacher messages to write (from students or parents)
- “Thank You for Being a Great Teacher” free printable
- Incredibly easy thank you gift ideas
“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”Malala Yousafzai
What to Write in a Thank You to a Teacher
A personalized thank you message for teachers from students (or parents) is a short and sweet way to tell teachers how much their work matters. So, have your child draw a picture or write a letter telling what he or she loves about the class.
Or for specific words to thank a teacher, try one of these ideas:
- We appreciate all of the hard work you do to make our child feel welcome and loved within the walls of your classroom.
2. I feel so lucky to have you as my (my child’s) teacher. You are patient, kind, and continuously generous with your time. Please know that we appreciate everything that you do.
3. Thank you for inspiring me to be my best.
4. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to excellence in the classroom. Your passion for teaching is obvious in the way that you conduct yourself as a leader.
5. We greatly appreciate how hard you work to make learning fun.
6. Thank you for being an extraordinary role model and guide for our future generations.
7. Thank you for encouraging a love of learning and a positive outlook. We feel so blessed to have a teacher like you.
8. A teacher like you is a gift. And we will cherish it for a long time to come.
9. You make such an enormous positive impact on your students. Thank you for your bright smiles and knowing how to encourage your students.
10. Thank you for going above and beyond for your students. We truly appreciate the extraordinary hard work and dedication that this year has required. And we are ever grateful that you are our teacher.
Which of these words to thank a teacher will you use?
Next, let’s make things even easier!
Teacher Appreciation Printable
For a simple fill in the blank teacher note, have your child fill out this questionnaire and draw a small picture of their classroom or teacher. The questions are easy and straightforward. Plus they lead to genuine and creative answers straight from the heart of the student.
5 Easy Ideas for Fun Teacher Gifts
Now, want something to go along with your thank you message for teacher appreciation? But need it to be easy? I get it!
So, check out these low effort teacher gifts to go along with your note or printable.
1. Charm Bracelet Gift for Teachers
This pretty charm bracelet is perfect for a teacher that enjoys jewelry. Plus the quote is motivation for any teacher to bring on the greatness.
2. Hands Down Teacher Gift
For a simple diy gift, give nice smelling hand sanitizer (I mean WHO couldn’t use more of that?!). Then attach this cute free printable tag. And bam, you’re done!
3. Awesome Teacher Notebook
Next, give this unique notebook to your favorite teacher! It tells them how much they mean to you, plus provides them motivation on tough days.
4. An Apple for Your Teacher
Go traditional with the apple, but spice it up with a side of delicious caramel sauce and this adorable printable! It doesn’t get any easier, and this gift is also very low cost!
5. A Teacher Survival Kit
Finally, find a small container and put together a practical survival kit that any teacher would love to use.
Item ideas for your kit include:
- Mini lint roller
- Granola bars
- On-the-go mix drinks
- Small pack of wet wipes or kleenex
- Travel size deodorant
- Cough drops
Related Post: How to Make a Self Care Kit for Mental Health
*And when in doubt, ALL teachers love gift cards! Amazon gift cards are a clear winner because the recipient can use it for pretty much anything.
Something to Consider With Your Thank You Message
Teachers don’t get enough credit for the enormous dedication required to inspire and teach a group of children. So, let’s give them some extra love this year and remind them that their work is one of the most important jobs in the world.
“Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions.”Unknown
What do think of the thank you for being a great teacher printable? Or what are your favorite words to thank a teacher?
Family Articles to Enjoy From Healthy Happy Impactful…
- 85 Fun Birthday Questions for an Exciting Day
- 200 Awesome Would You Rather Questions
- The Best (Free) Love You Notes for Kids
- The Weekly Chore Chart Printable for Kids