Free Printable Fall Bucket List Ideas
The summer bucket list was a HUGE hit around here. And now, as the weather cools, you may be thinking..”what are some fun fall activities?” So, first, we’ve got a complete fall bucket list for kids!
But remember, we take care of moms here too. So, if you’re tired of all the family activities, skip right on down and check out the bucket list JUST FOR MOMS. It has everything you need to take care of your mental health this fall and enjoy the festive season.
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission (at no cost to you). I only mention products I love and recommend. See my disclaimer for more.
With that, this article contains:
- The ultimate fall bucket list for kids at home, outside, with delicious treats, and going places. (FREE PRINTABLE)
- Magnificent fall bucket list ideas for adults (FREE PRINTABLE)
- Additional tips for less stress and more fun this fall
Now, let’s dig in!
Fall Bucket List for Kids: at Home
First, these activities are all from the coziness of your own home!
Take a fall family photo and have it framed
Do the Home Depot crafts (they often have FREE delightful and seasonal crafts for the kids)
Decorate your home for fall (and make a whole evening out of it)
Paint a pumpkin
Prepare your living room and have a “scary movie” day (complete with fort if needed)
Make a spooky playlist to play in October
Bake festive treats for friends or “Boo” the neighbors
Create a haunted house out of recycling and whatever you have laying around
Carve a pumpkin
Have your own family costume party and vote on the winners
Do a gratitude challenge for a month with your family
Do a Thanksgiving scavenger hunt. This one is great for taking sweet photos too!
Decorate a fall wreath
Learn a new board game or do a puzzle together
Set up a fall living room campout
Enjoy a Harry Potter Movie or Book Marathon
Celebrate the Day of the Dead Holiday on November 1st
Fall Bucket List: Outside (at Home)
As the crisp air returns, it’s one of the best times of year to be out in nature. So, let’s take advantage!
Take a full moon walk (tell spooky stories for added effect!)
Gather around the firepit
Rake and jump in leaf piles
Go on a fall scavenger nature walk
Collect pinecones and acorns
Campout in the backyard
Make an obstacle course in the leaves
Bob for apples
Make fall leaf rubbings
Go for a walk and count the pumpkins in your neighborhood
Get out the blankets and go stargazing
Go on a beautiful fall picnic
Do a family bike ride to see the leaves and pumpkins
Play a family touch football game in your backyard
Tasty Fall Foods
These food are sure to transform your kitchen into an oasis of spices and mouthwatering goodness.
Make apple cider slushies
Drink warm apple cider with friends
Make and eat caramel apples
Try making a pumpkin pie
Bake fall cookies
Host a chili cook-off
Have friends or family over for a soup night
Eat a cider donut
Make pumpkin bread
Try a fruit crisp or cobbler
Roast pumpkin seeds
Make homemade applesauce
Make something new with apples: apple butter, apple chips, etc.
Celebrate Pumpkin Spice Day on October 1st, or check out these other fall food holidays
Fall Bucket List for Kids: Out
If you live in a place where these events/places are open and you feel safe, then enjoy them! Many of these ideas work great with friends too!
Go to a fall festival
Check out a new park
Go to a nearby lake and rent a boat for the day
Enjoy a hayride
Hit up a drive-through movie theater (now that showtimes are earlier)
Walk through a corn maze
Visit the zoo
Donate to a food bank or another charity kids can be involved in
Attend an outdoor sporting event
Go to an amusement park
Visit a nature center
Buy fresh fall produce at the Farmer’s Market
Go on a weekend road trip
Visit a state or national park
Walk through an old cemetery
Visit a haunted house
Try fishing in a new spot
Go to a pumpkin patch and find your perfect pumpkin
Visit an aquarium
Play mini golf
Go to a library you’ve never been to before
Try a new restaurant
Visit an animal petting zoo
Volunteer as a family
Download the Free Printable Fall Bucket List HERE –
Want more printables like this? Get access to tons of awesome goodies below!
Fall Bucket List for Adults
This is the best part, making sure that mamas everywhere have a great fall season. So, here’s to you, and your special fall list!
1. Add one comfy sweater or fun outfit to your wardrobe
2. Make a cozy self care kit for fall and winter
4. Give yourself (or get) a fall pedicure
5. Bring coffee to a friend
6. Take photos of the changing leaves (just for you)
7. Go on a solo bike ride once the leaves have changed
8. Prepare your home for a cozy winter ahead
9. Put up a few gratitude quotes around your home.
10. Clean out your ________ (closet, basement, garage…) Then, donate it or have a garage sale before the weather turns
11. Change your sheets to warm flannel or fleece
12. Watch a fall sunrise or sunset
14. Go wine tasting (or virtual wine tasting)
15. Plan a fall date with your partner. Try a romantic picnic!
16. Run a fall-themed 5K or 10K (these can be virtual)
17. Start on a new intentional habit. Check out these amazing habits.
19. Try a new healthy fall recipe. Soup and stews are perfect!
20. Visit an adult haunted house
21. Buy a new, fragrant fall candle or make your own
22. Make a fun fall cocktail. Try one of these drinks HERE.
23. Read an inspiring book written just for women.
19. Bake a pumpkin or pecan pie from scratch. Then, enjoy the deliciousness with a friend!
24. Decorate the front porch
25. Get out of your comfort zone, at least once
26. Hike a new trail
29. Go camping
30. Write someone a thank you note
31. Host a fall potluck or Pinterest recipe party (or do it virtually/outside)
32. Take a long weekend off of work and household tasks
33. Buy yourself a pumpkin spice latte – at least once!
Download the full list printable for adults HERE –
Related Post: The Complete Adult Bucket List of Examples
Now, read on for how to make this an amazing fall season!
3 Tips for a Marvelously Fun Fall
Prioritize Your Activities
Uh, yeah. These are A LOT of things to do in the fall.
But, don’t let that overwhelm you! They’re not all meant for you. We all have different preferences and ideas of what is fun and meaningful. So, pick and choose the activities that fit well with your life, and make sure you do those.
The rest are for if you have time or want some extra spice in your life.
I LOVE fall. But, at first, it hits me like a freight train. School, work, schedules, OH MY!
Fortunately, there are organizational tools here to get us in the new mode of structure and activity.
Check out these FREE printables:
- How to Use a Block Schedule for Better Productivity
- The Free Weekly Meal Plan Printable
- The Blank Weekly Planner Printable (use it for fitness, diet, homeschool, anything)
- The Chore Chart Template for Kids
Prepare for Being Inside
And finally, let’s prepare for how to take care of ourselves if we’re sick or stuck inside. Start with your self care kit, then be sure to update your medicine cabinets or make a sick kit to prepare you for flu season.
Next, if you’re feeling ambitious, put together a few family items that will keep you busy if you’re quarantining. Try puzzles, kids crafts, books, and new movies. -This Rainy Day To Do List is helpful too!
Tuck these kits all away for later, and you’ll find that when you need them, they’ll save your sanity.
Something to Consider With Your Cute Fall Bucket List
2021 has had its ups and downs, but with these ideas and steps to reduce stress, you will have the time of your life – and give that fun to your family.
Now, what did I forget? What are the top 3 things on your fall bucket list?
Other family posts to enjoy…
- How to Start a Relaxed Morning Routine for School
- 30 Quick Text Messages to Send Love to Your Husband
- How do I Make Family Dinner More Fun? (15 Easy Activities)