The free printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt for kids adds easy fun to your spooky holiday. Play it at home, at school, at the library, and even outside in your neighborhood. It’s great for your next Halloween party!
So, gather the kids and pick your favorite Halloween team names. Then, get started!
Why You Should Do a Halloween Scavenger Hunt for Kids
It doesn’t get any easier than this. Try this Halloween scavenger hunt because:
- It’s FREE!
- There’s no prep (Just print and go!)
- There’s no work! Kids find things already lying around!
- There’s no cleanup!
Seriously, is this not the BEST activity for kids?!
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
What if You Don’t Have All the Items?
Don’t fret. Get creative! When you are low on items, pull up a photo on your phone or tv when the kids walk by. However, if you decorate at all for Halloween, chances are you’ll have most or all of the hunt items!
Easy Halloween Kids Photo Scavenger Hunt
Here’s a way to add an exciting element to the hunt! All kids LOVE technology, so give the older kids a camera. Then, have them take photos of their scavenger hunt finds. They’ll have a blast showing you their treasures when the game ends!
Related Post: Free Thanksgiving Photo Hunt
Instructions: Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
1. Print out the downloads below.
There are two separate Halloween scavenger hunts: one for young kids, and one for older children who can read. Choose the one that’s right for you.
3. Kids hunt for items around your house in a race against each other.
- Cut the pictures out and hide them around a room
- Search around your neighborhood instead of your home
- Split into teams if you have an age gap or large group
- Choose a time limit to add urgency
After, the child who found the most items wins. Or, go until one child has found them all!
Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable
Again, print the pdf that works best for the level of your kids, or use both!
Halloween Scavenger Hunt Prize Ideas
Here are a few fun Halloween scavenger hunt ideas for non-candy prizes:
- Free printable kids coupon (extra electronics time, later bedtime, choosing dinner, etc.)
- Halloween pencils
- Halloween stickers
- A Halloween painting activity
- Halloween movies
- A homemade treat or snack
- Boo mug
- Fall & Halloween Books for Kids
- Halloween legos
- A small craft project
- Fun holiday socks
- Halloween rubber duckies
- Glow sticks
More Fun Halloween Games
Free Halloween This or That Printable! – Use the free pdf to circle your favorites. Then, have fun comparing!
Hocus Pocus Trivia – Are you a fan of the witches? Grab this trivia and see how much you know about both movies!
Holiday Tradition Ideas
Looking for great ways to build remarkable relationships?! Look no further! Check out my affordable ebook with 260+ family traditions – perfect for strengthening bonds and making unforgettable memories this holiday season!
And finally, if you’re loving the idea of seek and find, check out this treasure hunt. It’s a different take on the Halloween Scavenger Hunt for kids that involves just a little more prep!
Read more epic Halloween & Fall Articles…
- Fun Halloween Traditions for Your Family
- Boo Your Neighbors Free Printable
- Fun Fall Bucket List for Families
- Best Halloween Bucket List for Kids & Adults
- Halloween Ice Breaker Questions to Ask