Let’s add a spark of easy fun to the upcoming spooky holiday. Try these free printable Halloween Scavenger Hunts for kids!
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
Why You Should Do a Halloween Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this. Here is exactly why you should try this Halloween scavenger hunt this year:
- It’s FREE!
- There’s no prep (Just print and go!)
- There’s no work! Kids find things already laying around!
- There’s no clean up!
Seriously, is this not the BEST activity for kids?!
Instructions for Your Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Sign up on the form below.
2. Print out the downloads from the free resource library (link in email). There are two separate hunts, one for young kids, and one for older children that can read. Choose the one that’s right for you.
3. Then, the kids hunt for items around your house in a race against each other. Or they search around your neighborhood. If you have lots of time, do both!
You may choose to use a time limit and the child with the most items found at the end of the time wins. Or, go until one child has found them all! Again, a lot depends on your time!
What if You Don’t Have Some of These Items?
Don’t fret. Get creative! When you’re low on items, one option is to pull up a photo on your phone or tv when the kids walk by. However, if you decorate at all for Halloween, chances are you’ll have most or all of the hunt items!
Bonus: A Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt
Here’s an awesome way to add an exciting element to the hunt! All kids LOVE technology, so give the older kids a camera and have them take photos of their scavenger hunt finds. They’ll have a blast showing you their treasures when the game ends!
Related Post: The Free Thanksgiving Photo Hunt
Get the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable in the resource library!
Get your awesome hunt (+ more totally cool stuff) by filling out the form below!
Give a Prize to the Winner
Now, whoever find the most wins! Here’s a few fun Halloween scavenger hunt ideas for non-candy prizes:
- A free kids coupon for a privilege (extra electronics time, later bedtime, choosing dinner, etc.)
- Halloween pencils
- Halloween stickers
- A Halloween painting activity
- Halloween squishy toys
- Halloween movies
- A homemade treat or snack
- Boo mug
- Fall & Halloween books
- Halloween legos
- A small craft project
- Fun holiday socks
- Halloween rubber duckies
- Glow sticks
Get the free pre-made coupons HERE>>
Check Out More Holiday Tradition Ideas
Looking for great ways to build remarkable relationships?! Look no further! Check out my affordable ebook with 260+ family traditions – perfect for strengthening bonds and making unforgettable memories this holiday season!
Before You Go…
And finally, if you’re loving the idea of seek and find, check out this treasure hunt. It’s a different take on the Halloween Scavenger Hunt for kids that involves just a little more prep!
Read these other Awesome Halloween & Fall Articles…
- 13 Fun Halloween Traditions for Your Family
- Boo Your Neighbors Free Printable
- A Fun Fall Bucket List for Families