There’s no doubt about it. This has been a strange year.
And with that, it’s hard to know what Halloween will look like or if it will be as exciting for the kids. So, let’s add a spark of easy fun to your Halloween. Try these free printable Scavenger Hunts for kids!
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
Why You Should Do a Halloween Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this. Here is exactly why you should try this Halloween scavenger hunt this year:
- It’s FREE!
- There’s no prep (Just print and go!)
- There’s no work! Kids find things already laying around!
- There’s no clean up!
Seriously, is this not the BEST activity for kids?!
Instructions for Your Kids Scavenger Hunt
- Print out the downloads (see below). There are two separate copies, one for young kids, and one for older children that can read. Choose the one that’s right for you.
- Then, the kids hunt for items around your house in a race against each other. Or they search around your neighborhood. If you have lots of time, do both!
You may choose to use a time limit and the child with the most items found at the end of the time wins. Or, go until one child has found them all! Again, a lot depends on your time!
What if You Don’t Have Some of These Items?
Don’t fret. Get creative! When you’re low on items, one option is to pull up a photo on your phone or tv when the kids walk by. However, if you decorate at all for Halloween, chances are you’ll have most or all of the hunt items!
Bonus: A Halloween Photo Scavenger Hunt
Here’s an awesome way to add an exciting element to the hunt! All kids LOVE technology, so give the older kids a camera and have them take photos of their scavenger hunt finds. They’ll have a blast showing you their treasures when the game ends!
Get the Scavenger Hunt Printable HERE!
Give a Prize to the Winner
Now, whoever find the most wins! Here’s a few fun ideas for non-candy prizes:
- A coupon for a privilege (extra electronics time, later bedtime, choosing dinner, etc.)
- Halloween pencils
- Halloween stickers
- A Halloween painting activity
- Halloween squishy toys
- A homemade treat or snack
- A small craft project
- Fun holiday socks
- Glow sticks
Check Out More Holiday Tradition Ideas
Looking for great ways to build remarkable relationships?! Look no further! Check out my affordable ebook with 260+ family traditions – perfect for strengthening bonds and making unforgettable memories this holiday season!
Before You Go…
And finally, if you’re loving the idea of seek and find, check out this treasure hunt from Play Party Plan. It’s a different take on the Halloween Scavenger Hunt for kids that involves just a little more prep!
Read these other Awesome Halloween & Fall Articles…
- 13 Fun Halloween Traditions for Your Family
- Boo Your Neighbors Free Printable
- A Fun Fall Bucket List for Families