Do you love spooky or non-spooky Halloween films? Test your knowledge with our fun Halloween movie trivia for kids and adults! You’ll laugh, spark conversation, and maybe even scare yourself at the same time!
How to Play Halloween Movie & Horror Trivia
- Decide which list of questions is appropriate for your age group. The first sections are for kids, and adults will find horror movies after. Use the table of contents to jump around.
- Split into two teams and ask these Halloween movie trivia questions to an individual from each team. (The person who answers first gets the point.)
- Or just quiz a friend and see how many they can get right.
They’re perfect for parties, Halloween night conversation, or anytime!
Bonus: Let the winner pick the next film!
Who knows the most about Halloween cinema? It’s time to find out!
Easy Disney Halloween Trivia For Kids
First, these family friendly Disney movies are adored by millions.
Round 1: Name That Disney Movie
Based on the clues, guess which Halloween Disney movie each sentence describes.
1. A group of kids team up to stop three witches who return to Salem on Halloween night.
Hocus Pocus (1993)
2. What Disney Halloween movie follows Jack Skellington, The Pumpin King, as he discovers Christmas?
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
3. A young boy, who is banned from music, journeys to the other side of death.
4. A group of friends accidentally release a mummy on the days leading up to Halloween.
Under Wraps (1997)
5. In this movie, Victor Frankenstein’s pet dog Sparky comes back to life.
6. In this movie, monsters collect energy from children’s screams.
Monsters Inc. (2001)
7. Which 2005 Disney movie features twin sisters who also happen to be witches?
8. A journalist and helpers investigate a 1939 mystery in which five people vanished from a hotel elevator on Halloween.
The Tower of Terror (1997)
9. Cleo’s science project goes disastrously wrong, causing her popular older sister Molly to become invisible.
Invisible Sister (2015)
10. Alyson wants to find the world’s greatest kid magician. Along the way, she meets Danny, who wants to find his way to stardom. She also learns about an evil magician planning a deadly plot.
Now You See It (2005)
11. Marnie and her siblings get a big shock when they follow grandma home to a mystical place – and find out they come from a family of witches.
12. Woody and the gang are held up at a roadside motel and members of the group start to disappear. (Hint: It’s a group of toys!)
Toy Story of Terror (2013)
13. Which Disney movie features the villain Cruella de Vil, known for her obsession with fur coats?
One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
14. Secret monster hunters gather at Bloodstone Manor after the death of their leader. The attendees are thrust into a mysterious and deadly competition for a powerful relic.
Werewolf By Night (2022)
15. 15 Years after her happily ever after (the first movie), Giselle, Robert, and Morgan move to Monroeville in search of a more fairy tale life.
16. This animated Disney movie gives you a look at our favorite scarers, before they became friends. It follows Mike and Sully at college.
Monster University (2013)
17. Sent to Sage Academy for magic, a girl and her new friends learn to use their special but unpolished skills to save everyone from evil.
Upside Down Magic (2020)
Muppets The Haunted Mansion (2021)
19. In Andalasia, young Giselle frolics with her woodland pals and falls in love with her Prince Charming. But then his evil stepmother sends her to New York City, and place where “there are no happy ever afters.”
20. Dave is an average guy, but a wizard sees a hidden talent for sorcery in him. He becomes Balthazar’s reluctant protege, helping his mentor defend Manhattan from a powerful adversary.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (2010)
21. The teenage son of King Adam and Queen Belle offers a chance of redemption for the troublemaking offspring of Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, the Evil Queen, and Jafar.
22. A scientist builds a human being (Edward), but dies before he can finish assembling him properly. Then, a loving suburban saleswoman discovers Edward and takes him home.
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
23. A workaholic real estate agent takes his family on a vacation, but stops at a sinister-looking mansion along the way. Soon, the family discovers the place is haunted.
The Haunted Mansion (2003)
24. Which Disney Channel Original Movie features a teenager who learns she’s a descendant of monster hunters on Halloween?
Girl Vs. Monster (2012)
Round 2: Non-Disney Halloween Kids Films
25. Which animated Disney movie is set in a hotel and caters exclusively to monsters and supernatural creatures?
Hotel Transylvania (2012)
26. In this movie, when you have a ghost problem, “who you gonna call”?
27. What is the name of the movie in which a kind young ghost haunts a mansion in Maine (along with his troublemaking uncles)?
28. What movie features three teens that discover that their neighbor’s house is really a living monster?
Monster House (2006)
29. High school girl-geek Jordan steps on a vial and becomes a werewolf after moving to a castle in Romania.
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (2010)
30. Two boys accidentally bring Slappy to life, who then brings more creatures and monsters to life on Halloween.
Goosebumps 2 (2018)
31. In this movie (based on a Roald Dahl book), witches plot to turn children into mice.
The Witches (2020)
32. A man claiming to be a missing brother shows up at one family’s home. They’re thrilled until they realize he’s conspiring to swindle their fortune.
The Addams Family (1991)
33. A young girl discovers a secret door and enters an alternate world resembling her own. It seems better even, until she realizes her parallel family wants to keep her there forever.
Round 3: Halloween Movie Trivia Picture Quiz
Name the movie based on the picture clues.
35. Nightmare Before Christmas
36. The Addams Family
37. Monsters Inc.
39. The Corpse Bride
40. The Haunted Mansion (You could also say Casper)
Hallooween Disney Trivia Round 3: Details
See how many details you know about Halloween Disney movie favorites.
42. In Monsters Inc, what nickname do Mike and Sully give the little girl?
43. In Hocus Pocus, what is the name of the three witches who are resurrected on Halloween night?
Winifred, Sarah, and Mary Sanderson.
*Check out more Hocus Pocus trivia questions >>
44. In the movie, Halloweentown, what family of witches does Marnie Piper come from?
The Cromwell Family
45. In Enchanted, what is the name of the evil stepmother that sends Giselle away?
Queen Narissa of Andalasia
46. In Coco, what is the name of Miguel’s dog, who also joins him in the Land of the Dead?
47. What type of creature is Maleficent in the fairy tale Disney movie Maleficent?
48. What is Jack Skellington king of in The Nightmare Before Christmas?
49. In the rebooted Haunted Mansion (2023), what is Ben Matthias’ job at the start of the movie?
50. In Twitches and Twitches Too, what land/dimension is the magical kingdom located in?
The Magical Land of Coventry
51. In Halloweentown, what is the name of the mayor of Halloweentown?
52. In Frankenweenie, what does the dead rat Edgar turn into?
Round 4: Kids Movies For Halloween
Now, try try this Halloween movie trivia quiz about other favorite family-friendly movies.
53. In ParaNorman, what special ability does Norman have?
He can see and speak to ghosts.
54. In The Addams Family, what is the name of the uncle with the deranged smile?
55. In Corpse Bride, what does Victor mistakenly place a wedding ring on? It causes him to marry the Corpse Bride.
A tree branch
56. In Beetlejuice, what is the name of the death guide?
Handbook for the Recently Deceased.
57. What is the name of the dog to crime-solving friends Fred, Daphe, Shaggy, and Velma?
58. In Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest, who does everything think is stealing the townspeople’s hats?
A scarecrow (No Noggin)
59. In Hotel Transylvania, what is the name of Dracula’s daughter?
60. What are Casper’s uncles’ names in Casper the Friendly Ghost?
Stretch, Fatso, and Stinkie
Best Horror Movie Halloween Trivia
Next, the following Halloween trivia movie questions are for older teens and adults. These horror movies from the 80s, 90s, and today are scary! Can you name the movie?
61. A group of friends summon a ghostly figure by saying his name five times in front of a mirror.
62. Clarice, the top student at the FBI training academy, interviews a brilliant psychiatrist who is also a violent psychopath.
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
63. An ancient, shape-shifting evil emerges from the sewer every 27 years to prey on the town’s children. Seven outcasts must overcome their own personal fears to battle the bloodthirsty clown.
64. Marion is on the run after stealing from her employer. Traveling the back roads to avoid the police, she stops for the night at a ramshackle motel and meets the polite but highly-strung Norman.
65. Jack Torrance becomes caretaker at an isolated hotel and moves in with his family. But his son is plagued by psychic premonitions, that become more and more disturbing.
The Shining (1980)
66. What movie series follows Jamie Lee Curtis as she is stalked by a murderer?
67. A group of friends become trapped in a haunted house attraction with a killer called “The Other”.
Hell Fest (2018)
68. Which horror movie debuted a killer doll named Chucky?
Child’s Play (1988)
69. Which horror film involves a journalist investigating a cursed videotape that causes anyone who watches it to die within seven days?
The Ring (2002)
70. A disfigured villian preys on teenagers in their dreams — which, in turn, kills them in reality.
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
72. What classic 1973 horror film centers around a young girl named who becomes possessed by a demonic entity?
The Exorcist (1973)
73. A father and mother struggle to survive with their children in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by blind extraterrestrials with an acute sense of hearing.
A Quiet Place (2018)
74. Which horror movie revolves around a group of friends who spend a night in a remote cabin, find an old book, and then awaken a flood of evil?
The Evil Dead (1981)
75. The Perrons move into a secluded farmhouse, where a supernatural presence makes itself known. Though the manifestations are benign at first, events escalate in horrifying fashion.
The Conjuring (2013)
76. Which horror movie features a group of people trapped in an elevator with a mysterious and malevolent presence?
77. A group takes refuge in an abandoned house when corpses begin to leave the graveyard in search of fresh human bodies to devour. Zombies start to find ways inside.
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
78. When their car breaks down, a couple has to spend the night at a remote hotel. They entertain themselves by watching low-budget slasher movies on TV. Until they realize the horrifying images were recorded in the room they are staying.
79. After a California family moves into a new home, strange and creepy things start happening. Ghosts commune with them through the television set, and turn menacing.
Poltergeist (2015) (Remake of the 1982 film)
80. This horror film follows a young girl named Carrie with telekinetic powers who takes revenge on her tormentors.
81. Adelaide returns to the beachfront home she grew up in but worries something bad will happen. Her worst fears are realized when four masked strangers descend upon the house. When the masks come off, the family learns that each attacker looks like one of them.
82. A space crew is en-route to Earth when a foreign radio signal is picked up. It originates from an uninhabited planet and the crew lands to investigate.
83. Living in exile, Dr. Hannibal Lecter tries to reconnect with now disgraced F.B.I. Agent Clarice Starling, and finds himself a target for revenge from a powerful victim.
84. In this movie, the Jigsaw Killer tests his victims’ will to live by putting them through deadly “games” where they must inflict great physical pain upon themselves to survive.
85. A 15th-century prince is condemned to live off the blood of the living for eternity. But when the Count sees a photo of Mina, the spitting image of his dead wife, he sets off for London.
86. Underneath a City exists a genetic research facility called the Hive. A thief steals the genetically engineered T-virus and contaminates the Hive with it.
Resident Evil (2002)
87. A man with a meat hook terrorizes a group of friends for their past actions in this 90s movie. What is it?
I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
88. What horror movie features a chainsaw as the killer’s weapon?
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974-2022)
89. What horror movie stars Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and is a recount of a vampire’s life? It is based on an Anne Rice novel.
Interview With The Vampire (1994)
90. Parents take drastic measures when it seems their new home is haunted and their comatose son is possessed by a malevolent being.
91. A group of teenagers discover they are able to contact spirits using a mysterious embalmed hand. Until the beings take things too far.
Talk to Me (2023)
Hard Horror Movie Quotes Trivia
If you like horror movies, you might know where these famous lines come from!
92. “Whatever you do, don’t…fall…asleep!”
A Nightmare on Elm Street
93. “I want to play a game.”
94. “I see dead people.”
The Sixth Sense
95. “Here’s Johnny!”
96. “Do you like scary movies?”
Evil Dead II
98. “It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.”
The Silence of the Lambs
99. “It’s alive! It’s alive!”
100. “You’ll Float, Too.”
101. “We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes.”
102. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.”
The Fly, 1986.
103. “Once upon a time, there was a girl and the girl had a shadow. The two were connected, tethered together.”
104. “Hi, I’m Chucky. Wanna play?”
105. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
106. “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
107. “Quid pro quo.”
The Silence of the Lambs
108. “They’re here!”
109. “Get Out”
Hard True or False Horror Movie Questions
These horror movie trivia questions will make you question what’s real.
110. The Sixth Sense is the highest-earning horror movie of all time.
False. It: Chapter One is the highest earning. (But The Sixth Sense is #2!)
111. The Blair Witch Project has no music.
112. In surveys, more men are fans of horror than women.
113. In A Quiet Place, dialogue was spoken for a total of 5 minutes.
False. It was a total of only 83 seconds.
114. Charlotte is the name of the girl who is possessed by a demon in the horror classic The Exorcist.
115. Bates Hotel is the name of the iconic hotel in Psycho.
116. In Friday the 13th, Jason Voorhees wears a scream mask on his face.
False. A hockey mask
117. Michael Myers is the serial killer who haunts people’s dreams in A Nightmare on Elm Street.
False. Freddy Krueger
118. ‘It’ is a movie based on the original Stephen King novel of the same name.
119. In The Silence of the Lambs, Anthony Hopkins played Hannibal Lecter.
120. In The Shining, the name of the hotel is The Whispering Hotel.
False. The Overlook Hotel
121. The masked killer in the Halloween movies is Michael Myers.
122. In the movie The Omen, Damien Thorn is the young boy who turns out to be the Antichrist
123. The most watched scene in horror is said to be the scene in the original Halloween (1978) where Jamie Lee Curtis unsuccessfully hides from Michael Myers in a closet.
False. It’s the shower scene from Psycho.
124. The TV Horror series Stranger Things, is set in a fictional town in Illinois.
False. Hawkins, Indiana.
126. Samara is the name of the girl who comes after them in The Ring.
127. The Scream franchise was inspired by a novel by James Patterson.
False. It was inspired by a real-life serial killer in Gainesville, Florida.
128. In Resident Evil, Raccoon City is the name of the city above the research facility.
129. Paranormal Activity is the most profitable horror movie ever made.
True. It was shot on a small budget of $15,000, before Paramount Pictures acquired and modified it for $200,000 more. It earned a total of $194 million.
130. The skeletons used in the climax of Poltergeist were real.
Multiple Choice Horror Halloween Movie Trivia
Finally, choose from the multiple choice options to answer this fun and interesting horror movie trivia quiz.
131. According to a survey in October 2022, what percent of American women watched a horror movie in theaters in the last year?
Answer: C) 21%
132. What percentage of American men watched a horror movie in theaters in the last year?
Answer: A) 35%
133. In The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949), which classic Halloween tale is featured in the film’s second half?
B) The Headless Horseman
C) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Answer: B) The Headless Horseman
133. Which horror movie was banned at one time?
C) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
D) The Exorcist
Answer: D) The Exorcist. The movie was banned upon release in different cities in the United States as well as the United Kingdom.
134. What’s the scariest horror movie of all time? (While this is a matter of opinion, most would say….)
A) The Conjuring
B) The Exorcist
D) The Shining
Answer: B) The Exorcist
135. In Hereditary, what family member experiences a tragic and unsettling accident early in the film?
Answer: D) Daughter Charlie
Answer: A) A toilet
137. What is the name of the child who can see and communicate with ghosts in the movie The Sixth Sense?
A) Charlie Graham
B) Danny Torrence
C) Cole Sear
D) Carol Anne
Answer: C) Cole Sear
138. In A Quiet Place, what can the alien creatures not do?
Answer: B) Swim
139. According to a survey, what age group likes horror the most?
A) 18-29 year olds
B) 30-44 year olds
C) 45-64 year olds
D) 65+ year olds
Answer: B) 30-44 year olds
140. What four words should you never say in a horror film?
A) “Don’t go in there!”
B) “Get out!”
C) “I’ll be right back.”
Answer: C) “I’ll be right back.”
Did you love our Halloween movie trivia? Don’t miss: