Christmas Would You Rather Questions spark engaging conversations for all ages, making them a perfect addition to any holiday gathering. Elevate the festive season with this timeless game and create lasting memories!
Grab the free 45 would you rather Christmas questions printable below!
Best Would You Rather Questions: Christmas Edition
1. Would you rather eat turkey or ham for your holiday meal?
2. Would you rather eat only holiday food for a week or listen to only holiday music for a week?
3. Would you rather buy gifts or make homemade gifts?
4. Would you rather give a gift or receive a gift?
5. Would you rather volunteer time at a homeless shelter or donate money instead?
6. Would you rather string colorful Christmas lights or string white lights only?
7. Would you rather stay home for Christmas or take a trip?
8. Would you rather spend Christmas day at the beach or in the mountains?
9. If you had to choose a dad, would you rather have Clark Griswold from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or George Bailey from It’s a Wonderful Life?
10. Would you rather receive only gift cards for Christmas or only gifts for Christmas?
11. Would you rather open presents on Christmas morning or open presents on Christmas Eve?
12. Would you rather shop for presents or wrap presents?
13. Would you rather celebrate with only your immediate family or celebrate with extended family?
14. Would you rather wear matching Christmas pj’s or ugly Christmas sweaters with your family?
15. Would you rather listen to Mariah Carey or listen to Bing Crosby?
16. Would you rather have all your family holiday celebrations at one time or spread out all month long?
17. Would you rather wear a Santa suit or an elf suit around town for a day?
18. Would you rather see the Rockefeller Tree in NYC or a palm tree with Christmas lights on a beach?
19. Would you rather go ice skating or skiing?
20. Would you rather eat an entire jello mold or eat an entire fruitcake?
21. Would you rather drink eggnog or hot chocolate?
22. Would you rather participate in a White Elephant gift exchange or a Secret Santa gift exchange?
23. Would you rather read The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve or the Christmas Story from the Bible?
24. Would you rather listen to a Christmas choir or sing in the choir?
25. Would you rather do 12 random acts of kindness or 12 Christmas gifts?
26. Would you rather have a real Christmas tree or a fake Christmas tree?
27. Would you rather decorate the tree with handmade ornaments or store-bought ornaments?
28. Would you rather enter a gingerbread house competition or hold a neighborhood cookie swap?
29. Would you rather look at Christmas lights from a horse-drawn wagon or look at Christmas lights from your car?
30. Would you rather deliver Christmas cookies to a neighbor or receive Christmas cookies from a neighbor?
Christmas Would You Rather Questions for Kids
These are the kind of sweet and funny Christmas questions kids love!
31. Would you rather read Christmas picture books or watch a Christmas movie?
32. Would you rather never eat candy canes again or never eat Christmas cookies again?
33. Would you rather decorate a gingerbread house or decorate Christmas cookies?
34. Would you rather be a passenger on the Polar Express or drive Santa’s Sleigh?
35. Would you rather be the Grinch or a Who in Whoville?
36. Would you rather stay up all night trying to see Santa or go to sleep quickly to wake up to gifts?
37. Would you rather get 10 smaller gifts or one big one?
38. Would you rather start to melt like Frosty when you get warm or have a red nose like Rudolph that lights up when you are hungry?
39. Would you rather donate your toys or donate money out of your piggy bank?
40. Would you rather know what you are getting under the tree or be surprised?
41. Would you rather go swimming on Christmas Day or skiing?
42. Would you rather sleep in on Christmas Day or get up early?
43. Would you rather have your toilet play “Jingle Bells” or “Oh Holy Night” every time you flush?
44. Would you rather go to Disney World for Christmas and not get any presents or stay home for Christmas and get presents?
45. Would you rather visit Santa at the mall or mail him a letter?
46. Would you rather have an angel or a star at the top of your Christmas tree?
47. Would you rather tear through all your presents quickly or open them slowly?
48. Would you rather meet Mrs. Clause or meet the head elf?
49. Would you rather be an animal in the nativity or a reindeer pulling Santa’s sleigh? (Laugh more with reindeer puns and jokes)
50. Would you rather only get the gifts the Wise men brought- gold, frankincense, and myrrh OR only receive clothes, socks, and underwear?
51. Would you rather eat a candy cane every day in December or open a small gift every day?
52. Would you rather not make a gift list and get more gifts or make a list and get only 5 gifts on the list?
53. Would you rather be a soldier in The Nutcracker or a mouse in The Nutcracker?
54. Would you rather make your birthday Christmas Day or leave your birthday where it is?
55. Would you rather be a wise man in a Christmas pageant or an animal in a Christmas pageant?
56. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or decorate a gingerbread house?
57. Would you rather be on the naughty list this year or listen to only holiday music for a year?
58. Would you rather be the Grinch for the day or work for Santa for the day?
59. Would you rather visit the North Pole or Bethlehem?
60. Would you rather be a participant in a live nativity or star in a Christmas play?
Looking for more holiday kids’ fun? Don’t miss:
- Free Elf Notes For Christmas
- Christmas Bucket List for Kids & Family
- Free Printable: Write a Letter to Santa Template
Funny Christmas Would You Rather for Adults
Next, these would you rather Christmas would you rather questions are great for work and family parties!
61. Would you rather wear an ugly Christmas sweater to work every day for a month or elf ears to work every day for a month?
62. Would you rather go to an ugly Christmas sweater party or a fancy holiday party?
63. Would you rather hang mistletoe in the doorway and have to kiss anyone who enters it or never kiss anyone in December?
64. Would you rather invite Cousin Eddy to Christmas dinner or invite Clark Griswold?
65. Would you rather send printed Christmas cards or handwritten cards?
66. Would you rather stay with your in-laws for a week during Christmas or stay at a motel for a week during Christmas?
67. Would you rather listen only to Christmas music or watch only Hallmark movies for the month of December?
68. Would you rather watch It’s a Wonderful Life or Elf?
69. Would you rather plan a holiday party or attend one?
70. Would you rather receive an unwanted gift or a wanted gift covered with glitter?
71. Would you rather attend church on Christmas Eve or stay home on Christmas Eve?
72. Would you rather be done shopping way in advance or get done shopping the day before Christmas?
73. Would you rather buy gifts for everyone in your family or draw names?
74. Would you rather watch A Christmas Story or National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation?
75. Would you rather decorate for the holidays before Thanksgiving or after Thanksgiving?
76. Would you rather take down Christmas decorations on December 26th or February 1st?
77. Would you rather attend the office Christmas party or have a quiet night at home?
78. Would you rather watch Christmas movies all day or go Christmas shopping all day? (Here’s a free Christmas shopping tracker if you’re the shop till you drop type!)
79. Would you rather cook the holiday meal or do the dishes?
80. Would you rather receive a practical gift or receive a fun gift?
81. Would you rather be stuck in an airport or be snowed in with your in-laws?
82. Would you rather spend more time shopping around for the best deals or spend less time shopping but spend more money?
83. Would you rather watch Love Actually or White Christmas?
84. Would you rather watch Gremlins or Die Hard? (my husband swears these count as Christmas movies)
85. Would you rather shovel snow for the neighbors or hang Christmas lights for the neighbors?
86. Would you rather have a chocolate advent calendar or a boozy advent calendar?
87. Would you rather karaoke “Santa Baby” or “All I want for Christmas is you?”
88. Would you rather be an actor in a Hallmark Christmas movie or a dancer in the Rockettes?
89. Would you rather have your tongue frozen to a metal pole or have your boss cancel your holiday bonus?
90. Would you rather hang a ton of lights on the house or have a Christmas tree in every room of the house?
*Don’t miss these other holiday icebreaker questions too >>
Want to spend more time together as a family? Join the Family Night Club! Click below to learn about how you can make family night easier than EVER!
Would You Rather Holiday Questions For School
Next, these Would You Rather Christmas Questions are great for your holiday party at school or for a brain break!
91. Would you rather sit by a talking reindeer or a talking snowman for the day?
Related: Clean Snowman Jokes & One Liners
92. Would you rather get a puppy for Christmas or a kitten?
93. Would you rather have to sing “Jingle Bells or “Frosty the Snowman” every time you walk into the classroom?
94. Would you rather eat a fruitcake for lunch or have a fruitcake-throwing competition in gym class?
95. Would you rather sing in the school Christmas program or play an instrument in the school Christmas program?
96. Would you rather watch Frosty the Snowman every day or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer every day after school?
97. Would you rather spend Christmas Eve with your Principal or with your best friend?
98. Would you rather have sprinkles or no sprinkles on Christmas cookies?
99. Would you rather have snow or no snow on Christmas Day?
100. Would you rather grow Santa’s beard or Santa’s belly?
101. Would you rather spend the holidays in a big city or on a farm?
102. Would you rather have no Christmas presents or no Christmas tree?
103. Would you rather have tinsel for hair or holiday lights for fingernails?
104. Would you rather be green like the Grinch or have ears like an elf?
105. Would you rather go sledding or caroling?
106. Would you rather wear only red and green to school for a year or say “ho ho ho” every time someone says your name at school for a year?
107. Would you rather sing a solo in the school Christmas program or dance in The Nutcracker?
108. Would you rather eat all the advent chocolates at once or eat one a day?
109. Would you rather have Christmas dinner with the President or with your family?
110. Would you rather eat only cookies for a day or drink only hot chocolate for a day?
111. Would you rather travel to a warmer place or a colder place for Christmas day?
112. Would you rather watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas or Charlie Brown Christmas?
113. Would you rather watch The Polar Express or The Nightmare Before Christmas?
114. Would you rather every time you hit snooze on your alarm, have it play “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” or “12 Days of Christmas?”
115. Would you rather eat sugar cookies or gingerbread men for every snack?
116. Would you rather snowshoe to school every day or walk in elf shoes to school?
117. Would you rather be left home alone for Christmas or be left alone in New York City for Christmas?
118. Would you rather see The Nutcracker or perform in The Nutcracker?
119. Would you rather write a holiday story or a holiday poem?
120. Would you rather read only holiday books for a month or not read at all for a month?
Christmas Would You Rather: Food Edition
Would you rather…
121. Have cold hot chocolate or hot eggnog?
122. Swim in a tub of cranberry sauce or a tub of gravy?
123. Eat 10 sugar cookies or eat 20 gingerbread cookies?
124. Bake a fruitcake or a Yule log cake?
125. Eat candy canes as your only sweet in December or eat only gumdrops?
126. Eat a truffle or eat a mince pie?
127. Eat fruitcake or Brussels sprouts for every meal for a week?
128. Eat Chinese food for your Christmas dinner or eat pizza?
129. Eat mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes as your only sides?
130. Eat fudge or snowball cookies?
131. Eat roasted vegetables or green bean casserole?
132. Eat only sweet things all Christmas Day or only savory things?
133. Have all your sweets dipped in milk chocolate or dipped in white chocolate for the holiday season?
134. Have a warm peppermint-flavored drink or a warm cinnamon-flavored drink?
135. Eat an entire pumpkin pie or an entire pecan pie?
136. Get coal in your stocking but eat everything you want without repercussion or get everything you want in your stocking and eat nothing you want?
137. Eat a Christmas morning breakfast of cinnamon rolls or eggs?
138. Snack on roasted chestnuts or candied almonds?
139. Drink apple cider or cranberry juice with your holiday meal?
140. Eat the popcorn garland or the candy cane ornaments off the tree?
141. Have a traditional Christmas dinner or a themed international feast?
142. Eat duck as your main course or have a vegetarian main course?
143. Use cranberry sauce from a can or make your own from fresh cranberries?
144. Have peppermint cheesecake or pumpkin cheesecake for dessert?
145. Eat one huge meal on Christmas Day or eat three smaller meals?
146. Have lots of leftovers or have no leftovers?
147. Have to cook all the holiday meals by yourself or get takeout for all the holiday meals?
148. Find a restaurant on Christmas day or eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?
149. Bake the sweet or cook the savory foods?
150. Eat a formal Christmas meal at the dining room table or have a casual meal around the house?
151. Eat dessert before or after your Christmas meal?
152. Have a dessert buffet filled with different pies or a candy buffet with all sorts of treats?
153. Have a magical gravy boat that pours endless gravy or a magical oven that bakes endless cookies?
154. Eat an overcooked, dry turkey or no turkey at all?
155. Have an endless supply of your favorite side dish or your favorite holiday dessert?
156. Eat Christmas dinner without any utensils or without any plates?
157. Skip having rolls at your holiday meal or skip having stuffing?
158. Pay $100 to eat your Christmas meal or get paid $1,000 to eat nothing?
159. Eat until you’re sick or eat nothing at all and go hungry on Christmas Day?
160. Eat an entire gingerbread house or never eat gingerbread again?
Winter Would You Rather Questions
Would you rather…
161. Have one week off because of snow or one extra week of summer vacation?
162. Have to wear snow shoes to get to work/school or work from home?
163. Have your house so warm you have to wear summer clothes inside or so cold you have to wear a hat and mittens?
164. Build a snowman or make a snow angel?
165. Help shovel snow for a neighbor or make soup for a neighbor?
166. Eat soup for every meal for a week during the winter or eat a salad for every meal for a week during the winter?
167. Eat ice cream for every dessert for a year or drink hot chocolate for every dessert for a year?
168. Be snowed in your house for a week with no cell service or no Wi-Fi?
169. Snuggle by the fire with a book or go skiing?
170. Eat chili or chicken noodle soup?
171. Wear an oversized sweater or a warm scarf?
172. Try ice fishing or ice skating?
173. Host a football party or go to a hockey game?
174. Take a snowshoe hike up a mountain or take a snowmobile down?
175. Do the Polar Bear Plunge or soak in a hot spring?
176. Have to wear wet mittens or wet socks for a day?
177. Stay in your pj’s all day or a snowsuit all night?
178. Have a snowball fight or build a snow fort?
179. Have a carrot nose or eyes made out of coal?
180. Drink hot chocolate cold or hot apple cider cold?
181. Wear earmuffs or a stocking hat?
182. Sit by the fireplace or have a heated blanket?
183. Wear fuzzy socks or slippers?
184. Live in an igloo for a week or live in a house without heat for a week?
185. Have the Groundhog see his shadow for six more weeks of winter or not see his shadow for an early spring?
186. Wear gloves or mittens?
187. Play in the snow in your swimsuit or go swimming in a snowsuit?
188. Have a snowball fight or a water balloon fight?
189. Have snow every day this winter or no snow at all?
190. Spend the winter in Florida or Minnesota?
191. Spend winter break in Alaska or in Hawaii?
192. Play winter trivia or have a snowman-building competition?
193. Make a blanket fort inside or a snow fort outside?
195. Watch romantic comedies for Valentine’s Day or holiday movies during the holidays?
196. Sleep without pj’s and a lot of covers or sleep in heavy pj’s and a light cover?
197. Catch a snowflake on your tongue or eat an icicle?
198. Shovel snow or rake leaves?
199. Hibernate during the winter months or migrate during the winter months?
200. Have a cold nose or cold hands?
201. Have a snowball fight with yellow snow or build a snowman without wearing gloves?
Christmas Would You Rather Questions Free Printable
Get your Free 45 Christmas Would You Rather Question Pdf here!
For TONS more great freebies, grab access below!
Christmas Would You Rather Game Variations
Try out these variations for Christmas would you rather questions.
At Home Or At a Party
- Answer the same question and discuss together.
- Provide whiteboards for everyone to jot down their answers, promoting group sharing.
- Draw numbers from a hat and pose a question from the free printable.
- Play Christmas “Would You Rather” and guess your partner’s response, while they guess yours.
Use these questions in the classroom or at home on winter break when your kids need to move!
Instead of saying their answer aloud, kids do an exercise for the option they choose:
For example: “Would you rather spend Christmas Eve with your Principal or with your best friend?” Have kids hop in place if they choose their Principal and do their favorite dance move if they choose their best friend.
Online Christmas Would You Rather Questions Game
Zoom with your family members you won’t get to see during the holidays. Take turns asking and answering these fun questions.
Play In The Car
I love these Christmas would you rather questions for road trips in the car with my family!
Here are more my kids love:
Use the Numbers Question Game
Use this numbers question game to play holiday would you rather. Players pick a number from the list and then answer the corresponding question.
Enjoy this Christmas “Would You Rather” game to learn more about your loved ones. Share the free printable with other families!
Next, play a Fun Christmas This or That Game!
Other HHI Holiday Posts You’ll Love…
- Free Christmas Charades Printable Pdf
- Trivia Christmas Questions and Answers
- Best Christmas Music Trivia Quiz
- Christmas Movie Night Ideas For Family