The holidays are coming! Now, we’re looking for activities that get kids excited for Christmas.
So, why not write a letter to Santa Claus?
Why You Should Write a Letter to Santa Claus
There are three HUGE benefits to the “Dear Santa” letter template this year:
1. It’s an EASY activity at home! Let’s face it, we’ll be home more this year, and may not get to see Santa at a store. So, this will be something simple for us to do as an activity to still communicate with Santa!
2. Um, we can use all the writing practice we can get at my home! And when my kids write a letter to Santa Claus, they don’t even realize they’re learning.
3. This free Santa letter template is focused more on how they were nice instead of what they are going to get for Christmas.
4. And finally, it gives parents ideas for gifts. Santa doesn’t always bring the thing they’re dreaming of (i.e. an Alexa for our 6 year old’s room…) But this letter has space for two different items, so you can have a backup if the first choice doesn’t work out.
Now, Here’s the Free Santa Letter Template
If you have older kids and want them to do all of the writing, this is a fun blank printable from Ayelet Kashet!
Want More Quality Time With Your Family?
Check out this affordable ebook with 260+ family tradition ideas for all year! Don’t miss out on easy ways to build and improve family bonds this holiday season!
How to get a letter postmarked from the North Pole:
Now, if you want to send the letter in the mail, here are the steps for your child to receive a reply from Santa. This is straight from the postal office website:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child’s letter and sign it “From Santa.”
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
“We recommend sending your letters by December 7 so that they can be received by the Anchorage, AK, Postmaster no later than December 14. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage, AK, will take care of the rest!“
Want more awesome freebies like this?
Will your kids write a letter to Santa Claus this year? What other activities do you love to do with kids at Christmas?
See this post for more amazing activities: The Best Holiday Bucket List for Your Family This Year
Other Christmas Posts to Enjoy…
- 23 Traditions That Bring Meaning to Christmas – activities that center on giving.
- How to Make Christmas Magical for Kids – easy steps to create a magical presence.
- 6 Christmas Movie Nights the Family Will Love – Fun ideas to enjoy your classic holiday favorites!