Home Alone trivia will test your knowledge of Kevin, the Wet Bandits, and the whole McCallister clan. From booby traps to quotes, reminisce in your favorite scenes.
“All the great ones leave their mark.” So start now!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
Fun Fact: Kevin’s iconic bathroom scream was improvised!
Easy Home Alone Trivia Quiz
First, start with simple Home Alone trivia questions that dip your toes into the iconic 90s movie.
1. What is the last name of the family featured in the movie?
2. What type of pizza does Kevin love?
3. What caused the power to go out at the McCallister home?
4. What do Harry and Marv call themselves?
The Wet Bandits
5. Why are they called the Wet Bandits?
Because Marv leaves the faucets on in people’s homes.
6. What does Buzz tell Kevin that Old Man Marley is?
A killer (the Shovel Slayer who murdered his whole family)
7. Why has Old Man Marley never been caught? (according to Buzz)
They never found the bodies (not enough evidence to convict)
8. What did Buzz say the salt did to the bodies?
Turned them into mummies
If he has anything to drink, he wets the bed
10. What did Kevin’s sibling tell him to pack for the trip?
Toilet paper and water
11. Where is the family going on their trip?
12. Harry first appears in the movie at the McCallister’s home as what?
A police officer
13. Why is Kevin sleeping on the third floor?
Kevin causes trouble during dinner. He pushes Buzz and makes a mess of the kitchen. As punishment, Kevin is forced to sleep in the attic.
14. What mistake is made when Heather counts heads for the trip?
Heather counted the neighbor boy in the headcount. (Instead of Kevin)
15. What is Kevin scared of in the basement?
16. What does Kevin think when he realizes his family is gone?
That he made his family disappear.
17. Once Kate realizes they left Kevin at home, what does she do?
Stays at the airport, calls the police
18. How does Kevin recognize Harry the second time he sees him?
His gold tooth
19. Why is Old Man Marley’s family not around? (Hint: It’s not because he murdered them)
He had a falling out with his son.
20. Who saves Kevin at the end of the movie, when the Wet Bandits catch him?
Old Man Marley
Related: A Christmas Story Trivia Quiz
Funny Home Alone Movie Trivia
Next, laugh at these fun facts!
21. How many times does the pizza delivery kid knock over the statue in front of the McCallister’s house?
22. When Kevin knocks down the shelves in Buzzs’ room, what is he trying to get?
Money (“Buzz’s life savings”)
23. What did Kevin steal in Home Alone?
24. Why did the McCallisters oversleep?
A storm blew down tree branches on their power lines, cutting off their electricity and resetting their alarm clocks.
25. What does Uncle Frank order on the plane to France?
26. What does Kevin’s uncle call him in Home Alone?
A little jerk
27. What do the bandits use to get into the houses they burglarize?
28. What did Kevin use to make it look like people were home in the McCallister house?
29. How do the Wet Bandits know when people in the neighborhood aren’t home?
Their Christmas lights are on timers
30. Why does Kevin scream in the bathroom?
The cologne/aftershave burns his face!
31. Who does Kate hitch a ride with when she can no longer find a flight that’s leaving?
Gus Polinski (Polka King of the Midwest) and the Kenosha Kickers polka band
32. When Gus Polinski tries to make Kate feel better, he tells her he left his kid where?
A funeral parlor
33. Who does Kevin tell that he wants his family back? (Hint: he’s hoping this person will take the message to Santa)
A fake Santa
35. Kevin scares the pizza delivery guy and then Marv with his movie. Who does Marv think the gangster is that shot up the other guy?
36. What does Kevin cover the basement stairs with?
Tar (and a nail!)
37. What falls out of the laundry chute and lands on Marv’s face?
A hot iron
38. When Harry goes through the kitchen door, what happens?
His head gets blow-torched.
39. What does Kevin put on the doorknob in Home Alone?
An electric BBQ starter
40. Which robber goes through the window to get into the house?
41. What knocks the burglars back on the stairs as they try to go up?
42. When Marv grabs Kevin’s leg on his way to the attic, how does Kevin get away?
He put the tarantula on his face.
43. Kevin escapes out an attic window using what?
A rope (he ziplines out to the treehouse)
44. Which one of the burglars is scared to go on the zipline after him?
Marv (Good call Marv because Kevin cuts the line)
45. Why does leaving the water running come back to bite the bandits?
The cops know each and every house they’ve hit.
Fun Fact: The ornaments Marv steps on are actually candy.
Related: Ultimate Christmas Trivia Quiz
Multiple Choice Home Alone Trivia
Choose between options for these harder Home Alone trivia questions.
46. What is the name on Harry and Marv’s van?
A) OH-KAY Plumbing and Heating
B) Rescue Plumping and Heating
C) Plumbing KINGS
D) All Clear Plumbing Co.
Answer: A) OH-KAY Plumbing and Heating
47. Why was the McCallister family going to France?
A) They were going to travel through Europe.
B) They won the trip.
C) Peter’s brother Rob paid for the trip so the family could be together.
D) Kate’s sister lived in France.
Answer: C) Rob had transferred to France and paid for his family to come.
48. Aside from leaving Kevin, what else did Kevin’s dad forget to do?
A) Grab the passports
B) Turn off the coffee
C) Close the garage
D) Lock up
Answer: C) Close the garage
49. What was the name of the pizza place that delivers pizza?
A) Little Nero
B) Little Caesars
C) Turbo Pizza
D) Pronto Pies
Answer: A) Little Nero
50. The first time the Wet Bandits show up, what is on the tv that Kevin is watching?
A) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
B) The Santa Clause
C) Nightmare Before Christmas
D) A Miracle on 34th Street
Answer: A) The Grinch
51. How does Kate get out of France?
A) A flight opens up and she gets a seat.
B) She meets a wealthy businessman and takes a private flight.
C) She drives to another city and gets on a flight.
D) She pays off an older lady (couple) for their ticket.
Answer: D) She pays off an older lady (who feels sorry for her too)
52. Why was Marley at church when Kevin went in?
A) He was praying for his sins
B) He was watching his granddaughter sing
C) He was helping with the Christmas Eve services
Answer: B) He was watching his granddaughter sing
53. What time do the Wet Bandits come back to rob the McCallister house?
Answer: B) 9:00 pm
54. What tv dinner meal does Kevin warm up before the Wet Bandits show up?
A) Pot Pie
B) Macaroni and cheese
D) Turkey and mashed potatoes
Answer: B) Macaroni and cheese
55. What did Kevin tell his family he bought at the store while they were gone?
A) Milk, eggs, and fabric softener
B) Orange juice, eggs, and laundry detergent
C) Milk, cereal, and fabric softener
D) Soda, butter, and detergent
Answer: A) Milk, eggs, and fabric softener
56. Who’s brother is Uncle Frank?
A) The brother of Peter
B) The brother of Kate
C) The brother-in-law of Peter
D) The brother-in-law of Kate
Answer: A) The brother of Peter (and Rob)
57. Kevin picks up the house before his family arrives back. But one thing gets left behind. What does his dad pick up at the end of the movie?
A) A crowbar
B) Kevin’s movie
C) The Playboy Magazine
D) The gold tooth
Answer: d) A gold tooth
Name That Line Home Alone Trivia
58. “Merry Christmas little fella. We know that you’re in there and that you’re all alone.”
59. “You’re what the French call ‘les incompetents.'”
60. “This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I’m living alone.”
61. “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”
62. “There are 15 people in this house and you’re the only one who has to make trouble.”
63. “You can be too old for a lot of things, but you’re never too old to be afraid.”
64. “Mom, does Santa Claus have to go through customs?”
65. “Beat that you little trout sniffer.”
66. “Harry, it’s our calling card! All the great ones leave their marks. We’re the wet bandits!”
67. “Guys! I’m eating junk and watching rubbish. You better come out and stop me!”
68. “You can say hello when you see me. You don’t have to be afraid.”
69. “Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?”
70. “Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.”
71. “If it makes you feel any better, I forgot my reading glasses.”
73. “Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?”
74. “All kids, no parents. Probably a fancy orphanage.”
75. “Buzz, your girlfriend. Woof!”
76. “Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.”
77. “Did I burn down the joint? I don’t think so. I was making ornaments out of fishhooks.”
78. “This is ridiculous. Only a wimp would be hiding under a bed. And I can’t be a wimp. I’m the man of the house.”
79. “Say… is it true French babes don’t shave their pits?”
80. “Fuller! Go easy on the Pepsi.”
81. “Buzz, I’m reading through all your private stuff, you better come out and pound me!”
82. “You guys give up? Or are you thirsty for more?”
83. “I don’t care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike! If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son.”
Hard Home Alone Trivia and Answers
Next, this expert-level Home Alone trivia quiz might stump even your biggest fans.
84. What song plays during the scene in which the family runs through the airport to make their flight?
Run Rudolph Run
85. What is the name of the bad movie that Kevin watches and uses in the film?
Angels With Filthy Souls
86. When the Wet Bandits almost run into Kevin in their van. They start tailing him. Where does Kevin hide?
In a nativity scene in front of a church.
87. What city is Kate McCallister in when she hitches a ride with the Polka group?
88. When Kevin goes to the store, what does he have a coupon for?
89. How many siblings does Kevin have?
4 (his siblings are Buzz, Megan, Linnie, and Jeff)
90. What was Kevin McCallister’s mom’s job?
A clothing designer/fashion designer
A sweater with a bird knitted on it
92. Why is there a dog door at the Mccallister’s home? There’s no dog in the movie.
They already put it in a kennel
93. When Kate calls the police, the woman transfers her to where?
The Family Crisis Center (which sits right next door)
94. What do the two departments call Kate?
95. Murphy has a wound on his hand in Home Alone. In what scene do they show that his wound is healed?
When he reunites with his son.
96. What does this symbolize?
That old wounds can heal.
97. When Kevin calls 9-1-1, what name does he give?
98. Who is Murphy?
Murphy is the last name of the family who lives across the street.
99. What type of truck does Kate arrive in with the Polka group?
A Budget Truck
100. How did the rest of the McCallister family make it back to the house just minutes after Kate?
They took the morning flight that Kate didn’t want to take.
Movie Production Questions
Next, find out how this classic holiday movie was made.
101. Did they use a real tarantula in Home Alone?
102. What were the nails in the basement actually made of in Home Alone?
103. What airport is Home Alone filmed in?
O’Hare International Airport (in Chicago)
104. What neighborhood was Home Alone filmed in?
A Chicago suburb. The iconic movie house from Home Alone is in suburban Winnetka.
105. What street was Home Alone filmed?
671 Lincoln Avenue
106. Who is the child actor who became famous after Home Alone became a box-office hit?
107. Did any of the actors sustain real injuries during filming any of the Home Alone movies?
Yes! “In addition to the expected bumps, bruises, and general pains that you would associate with that type of physical humor, I did sustain serious burns to the top of my head during the scene where Harry’s hat is set on fire,” – Joe Pesci
Fun Fact: Joe Pesci avoided Macaulay Culkin on set to make sure they didn’t get too friendly in real life.
Home Alone 2 Trivia Questions Game
108. How does Buzz humiliate Kevin at his Christmas concert?
Buzz humiliates Kevin by using electric candles to illuminate Kevin’s ears. He also pretends to use them as drumsticks on Kevin’s head during his solo.
109. When Kevin retaliates at the concert, what happens?
He punches Buzz, and the domino effect knocks over the entire Christmas pageant.
110. How do the McCallisters oversleep in Home Alone 2?
Peter accidentally unplugs the alarm clock the night before
111. Where is the family going on vacation in Home Alone 2?
112. When Kevin loses track of his father in the airport, he gets on the wrong plane. Where is the plane headed?
New York City
113. When Kevin arrives in New York City, what does he have with him?
His father’s travel bag and wallet.
114. How can the Miami police track Kevin in New York City?
Peter’s credit card
115. How do Marv and Harry get out of prison?
They break out of a prison in Chicago during a riot. Then they travel to New York City via a fish truck.
116. After escaping prison, Marv chooses a different name for the Wet Bandits. What is it?
The Sticky Bandits (after wrapping his hand in double-sided sticky tape to steal money from a donation bucket.)
117. What was Kevin’s wish for Christmas?
He wishes that he had his own money so he could go on his own vacation by himself.
118. What hotel does Kevin con his way into staying at?
The Plaza Hotel
119. Which president stayed on the same floor as Kevin in Home Alone 2?
120. Who did Kevin think Herbert Hoover was?
The vacuum guy
121. Where does Kevin meet “the Pigeon Lady”?
122. What movie does Kevin watch and use in Home Alone 2? (Hint: It’s the sequel to the first one)
Angels With Even Filthier Souls
123. Who breaks into Kevin’s suite because he’s suspicious of Kevin?
Mr. Hector (Hotel Concierge)
124. What does Kevin put in the shower to make it look like a man is in there?
A clown balloon
125. What does Kevin try to stop the Sticky Bandits from doing in Home Alone 2?
Robbing a toy store
126. What is the name of the toy store?
Duncan’s Toy Chest
127. What does Mr. Duncan suggest Kevin take after he donates money at the toy store?
A pair of ceramic turtledoves from the store’s Christmas tree
The Pigeon Lady
129. When Marv and Harry catch Kevin running from the hotel, what does Harry do?
He rips up Kevin’s round-trip ticket to Miami.
130. Marv boasts of the plan to rob the toy store, and Kevin records it. What does he use?
131. Kevin tries to take refuge at Uncle Rob and Aunt Georgette’s house in New York City, but they are not there. Where are they?
Abroad in France (Paris)
132. Where does Kevin set up his booby traps in Home Alone 2?
Rob and Georgette’s house
133. What green stuff made the two burglars slip in Home Alone 2?
Monster Sap Soap
134. What did Kevin put in the toilet in Home Alone 2?
135. Who saves Kevin in Home Alone 2 when the bandits catch up to him?
The Pigeon Lady
136. What does she throw at the bandits?
A bucket full of birdseed (prompting pigeons to swoop down and swarm them)
137. How much was Kevin McAllister’s hotel bill in Home Alone 2?
$967.43 (Equivalent to $2054.93 today)
Who Said It 2nd Movie Quotes
Finally, who said these iconic lines?
138. “Yikes, I Did It Again.”
139. “Funnily Enough, We Never Lose Our Luggage.”
140. “Don’t you know a kid always wins against two idiots?”
141. “There’s Nobody Dumb Enough To Knock Off A Toy Store On Christmas Eve.” // “Oh, Yes There Is.”
Harry & Marv
142. “What a Troubled Young Man.”
143. “I Believe You… But My Tommy Gun Don’t!”
Johnny the Gangster
144. “I’d probably be lying dead in a gutter somewhere. But not Kevin. Kevin is so much stronger and braver than I am. But he’s still a kid lost in a big city; he doesn’t deserve that. He should be at home with his family around his Christmas tree.”
145. “You can mess with a lot of things. But you can’t mess with kids on Christmas.”
146. “Two? Make It Three, I’m Not Driving.”
147. “I Hope Your Parents Got You A Tombstone For Christmas.”
148. Kate: “What kind of idiots do you have working here?”
“The finest in New York.”
Hotel Desk Clerk
149. “Don’t make promises you can’t keep.”
Bird (Pigeon) Lady
150. “Look, put yourself in your kid’s shoes. Where would you go? What would you do?”
Cop in Times Square
Related: Fun Couples Xmas Traditions
Host A Home Alone Trivia Night
Make an event out of your favorite holiday movie!
How to host a trivia night:
- Food: Serve up highly nutritious macaroni and cheese. Or a big bowl of ice cream.
- Pick Home Alone trivia team names: Ya Filthy Animals, Fuller, Go Easy on the Pepsi!, Thirsty for More (See more Christmas team names)
- Play the Home Alone trivia game: Divide the group into teams and keep score.
- Make your own battle plan: Where would you put the booby traps in your home?
- Watch this holiday classic! Trivia night wouldn’t be complete without watching Home Alone.
Explore our best holiday gift ideas: