Looking for an easy AND fun Christmas activity for the family? Try this free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable for kids!
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
What’s So Cool About a Christmas Scavenger Hunt Printable
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this. Here is exactly why you should try this printable scavenger hunt for Christmas this year:
- It’s FREE!
- There’s no prep (Just print and go!)
- There’s no work! Kids find things already laying around!
- There’s no clean up!
Seriously, is this not the BEST activity for kids?!
Instructions for Your Kids Christmas Scavenger Hunt
1.Sign up on the form below. (It’s easy, and you’ll have access to 50 high quality printables!)
2. Print out the download from the free resource library.
3. Then, have the kids hunt for items around your house in a race against each other. Or they search around your neighborhood. If you have lots of time, do both!
You may choose to use a time limit and the child with the most items found at the end of the time wins. Or, go until one child has found them all! Again, a lot depends on your time!
What if You Don’t Have Items on the Printable List?
Now, in this worksheet, you’ll find items that are SUPER common around the holidays. But, what if you don’t have something on the list?
Don’t fret. Get creative!
When you’re missing something, one option is to pull up a photo on your phone or tv when the kids walk by. Another is to go out and look around the neighborhood.
However, if you decorate at all for Christmas, chances are you’ll have most or all of the hunt items!
Bonus: A Christmas Photo Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Here’s an awesome way to add an exciting element to the hunt! All kids LOVE technology, so give the older kids a camera and have them take photos of their scavenger hunt finds. They’ll have a blast showing you their treasures when the game ends!
Related Post: The Free Gratitude Photo Hunt
Get the Christmas Scavenger Hunt Printable in the resource library!
- 63 Fun Christmas Trivia Questions
- Charades for Christmas Your Family Will Love
- Letter Writing to Santa Free Template
Give a Prize to the Game Winner
Now, whoever finds the most wins! Here are a few fun Christmas scavenger hunt ideas for easy prizes:
- A free kids coupon for a privilege (extra electronics time, later bedtime, choosing dinner, etc.)
- Winner picks something off of your family holiday bucket list!
- A candy cane
- A Christmas book
- Fun holiday socks
- Privileges to turn on the Christmas lights for the next week
- Christmas read-aloud (winner chooses the book)
- Christmas scratch-off cards
- Paint by Sticker Kids Christmas Book
- A front row seat in the car when you see Christmas lights
- Make Your Own Holiday Snow Globe Kit (could use as 3 different prizes)
- Best Kids Christmas Jokes Ever Book
- Child picks the next Christmas movie to watch
- A free pass on chores the next day
- Christmas tree stickers
- An I Spy Christmas page
Get the free pre-made coupons HERE>> or a Christmas set in my shop here >>
Check Out More Holiday Tradition Ideas
Looking for great ways to build remarkable relationships?! Look no further! Check out my affordable ebook with 260+ family traditions – perfect for strengthening bonds and making memories this holiday season!
Before You Go…
I hope you loved this fun Christmas Scavenger hunt printable for kids! And if you’re looking for more holiday fun, check out my free December activities calendar – also free in the resource library!
You’ll Love These Other Helpful Christmas Articles…
- Creative Christmas Eve Box Ideas for Kids & Adults
- 12 Days of Self Care for Christmas
- 23 Christmas Traditions Full of Meaning
- The Best Couples Holiday Traditions
- Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Letters