Great Vision board ideas and examples help make your dreams a reality! This post not only has beautiful vision boards to motivate you, but you’ll get specific ideas for your goals too.
18 Examples of Vision Boards That Will Inspire You
A vision board can be anything you want it to be – from a piece of paper to a giant board in your living room. These powerful vision board examples will get your creative juices flowing.
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission (at no cost to you.) See my disclaimer for more.
1. My Vision Board Example
First, here’s the vision board I made last year out of magazines.
While it looks like one big collage, my vision board example is actually separate pages laid on top of each other. The front/center page is personal growth, and the other pages included health, family, my partner relationship, and wellness.
2. The Bright Vision Board
This vibrant dream board uses a black background and bright colors that draw the eye. It not only has strong action words such as “cherish,” but it also includes motivating images and focuses on specific goals. (Love the reading room!)
3. A Grid Vision Board for Work
Now, some of these vision board examples are meant to help us think outside the box. This one uses a wire wall grid to display dreams and goals.
Can you do something like this in your home or workspace?
4. An Online Vision Board
Do you prefer to create your vision board online? No worries, there are several great digital vision board examples on this list!
This one was set up with a free account in Canva in less than 10 minutes.
5. A Journal Vision Board Example
This vision board fits in someone’s journal and makes for something the person can flip back to whenever she needs a little inspiration in her notebook. How handy!
*Related Post: Make a Couples Vision Board
6. A Teacher Vision Board
If you are a teacher, you know that some days are more difficult than others. Putting together a vision board that helps you (and your students) through the hard ones is a brilliant idea.
This teacher idea would work well as a family vision board too!
7. A Free Vision Board Template
Now, if you need something simple and all on one page, this is it!
This free vision board template can also be used as a fabulous goal-setting template to go alongside a more visual dream board in 2024.
8. A Creative Digital Example
Here’s another digital vision board using a free creation software called Milanote.
The great thing about digital is that you can put your vision up as your phone and computer screen saver – making it guaranteed you’ll see it often.
9. A Beautiful Mom Board Example
This pretty vision board is from a mom and is one most moms can relate to well!
She does a great job of using words to identify the different categories and goals that are important to her – creativity, self-care (get 100 self-care ideas), family, simplicity, reading, photography, routine, and health.
10. A Bulletin Board Vision Board
A great dream board doesn’t have to be magazine cutouts. This creative bulletin board is designed with images, words, and even symbols and objects to get the meaning across. How inspiring!
*Don’t miss this checklist of simple actions that keep you inspired!
11. A Personal Development Vision Board
One beautiful benefit of a vision board is that it helps you look beyond the usual categories people focus on – money and health. It’s a pledge you make to your wellbeing, relationships, and sense of adventure too.
12. The Highly Visual Vision Board
The centralized quote in the middle of this board helps tie it all together and bring focus and motivation to the board.
It’s also a very visual board. As we are all different, we will all have a different ratio of words to images that speak to us. Use what feels right to you.
13. The Simple Frame Dream Board
This board is simple and to the point. It uses images and words, and it shows us that we can put our vision board in a small frame as well.
More Goal Posts:
14. A Vision Board Movie Example
Because visualization is all about seeing yourself in motion, I decided to make part of my latest vision board into a moving visual as well. What do you think?
15. A Vision Board Wall Example
Do you have a lot of space you can use? Take an entire wall and dedicate it to your dream life. How inspiring to walk into a room like that every day!
16. A Scrapbook Picture Frame
Next, this is another vision board inside of a frame but the owner used scrapbook materials to make it – giving it a more 3-D look. It is also a specific travel vision board. This reminds us that we can have different boards for different categories.
For travel ideas for your vision board see this Bucket List of Ideas post!
Note: A scrapbook board is a fun one to do with kids! See more kids vision board examples >>
17. The Pretty Etsy Vision Board Kit
I close out the list with a few ready-made kits that make vision board creation super easy. This manifestation kit even comes with printable checks and affirmation cards, which I thought was quite unique.
18. An Etsy Vision Board Workbook and Guide
The style of this vision board kit is stunning. It also comes with printable stickers and worksheets to help you map out your dreams in a specific way.
Bonus Tip: Set your vision board affirmations up as reminders on your phone! I have 5 that pop up every day. I’ve been shocked out how effective they are! See more on the law of attraction >>
71 Vision Board Ideas to Start Goal Setting
Now that you’ve seen excellent examples, here are ideas for goals and categories to think about. I kept these non-specific for your vision board (because everyone is different).
However, remember to follow the SMART goals pattern and get granular with your real goals – on or off the vision board.
Vision Board Ideas for Health & Self-Care
- Radiant energy
- Peak nutrition (smoothies, salads, etc.)
- A meditation practice (or prayer, nature walks, other spiritual practices)
- Exercising (yoga, cardio, weights, etc.)
- Drinking water
- Incorporating more nature in your life
- Getting more and better sleep
- Eating more vegetables
- Overcoming a specific health challenge or illness
- Losing weight
- Running a race (5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon)
- Climbing a mountain
- Getting stronger
- Getting a procedure done that improves your life (Lasik, weight loss surgery, knee replacement, etc.)
- Adding rest and recovery periods
- Adding specific self-care practices you love (massage, music, etc.)
- Completing a health challenge (find amazing 30 day challenge ideas)
*Related Post: Self Care Reminders To Motivate You
Vision Board Examples for Family
- Being present (mentally and physically)
- Establishing clear family time
- Playing with your kids and partner
- Simplifying your family life (this free email series helps!)
- A remodel in your shared living spaces
- Teaching your kids life habits and lessons (around money, kindness, health, etc.)
- Adding a pet to your family
- Practicing an interest with your child (ex. basketball out on the driveway)
- Practicing deep listening, better communication, and asking thoughtful questions.
*See more for the family: family bucket list ideas >>
Work & Money Vision Board Ideas
- Getting your dream job
- Paying off a specific loan
- Eliminating your debt
- Cultivating a larger income
- Having more in savings
- Owning your dream house
- Owning your dream car
- Having more income streams
- Creating passive income
- Simplifying your work life
- Working fewer hours
- Investing more (or increasing your retirement)
- Giving more to causes you believe in
- Earning an award or recognition
- Building better communication practices
- Having more time for creative work ideas
- Exploring a new career path or project
- Writing a book
- Finding more freedom or autonomy in your work life
- Starting a budget
Vision Board Ideas for Personal Development
- Books you want to read or reading you want to incorporate into your life
- Getting up early
- Establishing a morning routine
- Establishing a night routine
- Attending church or another religious establishment
- Beginning a gratitude practice
- Saying daily morning affirmations (Or relaxing night affirmations)
- Having better focus and productivity
- Attending a conference or mastermind
- Starting a regular visualization practice (could simply be sitting with your vision board once a week!)
- Getting out of your comfort zone
- Increasing self-discipline
Vision Board for All Relationships
This list includes friends, family, and partner ideas.
- Going on outings that strengthen relationships (a night in a hotel, camping, a book club, etc.)
- Inviting others over for dinner
- Regular date night
- Holiday traditions around family and friends (see family tradition ideas)
- Attending a relationship workshop online or through an organization
- Spicing it up in the bedroom with your partner
- Regular rituals for connection (walks, lunches, etc.)
- Connecting with better questions and conversation
Related Post: 35 Best Couples Goals for Your Relationship
Vision Board Ideas for Fun and Adventure
- Specific places you want to travel (Italy, the Carribean, etc.)
- Learning a new hobby (playing the guitar, etc.)
- Pursuing hobbies you want to have more time for
- New restaurants, coffee shops, and local places to visit
- Simple things that bring you joy (ex. a glass of wine by the fire)
- Fun home improvement projects
Related Post: Fun Things to Do on Your Birthday
Make a Vision Board In a Few Easy Steps
1. Decide on goals and dreams
Finding clarity is the most essential step in this entire process. Here’s the thing: a vision board is the inspiration. It’s for the energy and motivation that get you where you want to be.
Your underlying goals are the foundation. So, make your vision board while you also write specific goals (on or off your board). If you look at both often, you’ll be unstoppable.
2. Gather the needed materials
Next, use images, vision board quotes, and affirmations that inspire and move you!
Feelings are vital to making your vision real. You need to be able to both get excited when you see it and SEE yourself doing each action.
Now is the best part. Make a dream board that you are in love with!
*For more on specific steps, check out how to make a vision board.
It’s extremely important to see your vision board often. So, put it in a high-traffic spot! The vision board examples above also give excellent ideas for new places to put it – including a journal, screensaver, and workspace.
Amazing Benefits of a Vision Board
In case you needed more convincing, a great vision board has a wealth of benefits. So, stick with it!
- It boosts your creativity
- It gives you clarity (what do you really want in your life?)
- It increases your resiliency when you hit obstacles
- It fires you up! There’s nothing better than built-in motivation!
- It helps you let go of the past
- It promotes solution-based thinking
- It enhances productivity, focus, and determination
- It makes you more optimistic (It’s hard to look at a vision board and not be hopeful)
Now, enter your email below to grab access to our free resource library!
To Consider With Vision Boards Examples & Ideas
Looking for more support on the way to your dreams? Next, see my Full Digital Personal Growth Planner! You’ll find tips and tricks for your vision board, bucket list, and help for following through on your goals!
Finally, what are your favorite examples of vision boards? Do certain ideas speak to you? Share in the comments and let me know!
More Personal Growth Posts You’ll Love…
- Best Inspirational Books for Women
- Gratitude Quotes to Elevate You
- List of Life-Changing Habits Examples to Try