Vision Boards for Couples: 115 Ideas & Examples (2023)
Do you hope to deepen your bond with your partner?
Would you like to get on the same page about your goals and dreams for the future?
Vision Boards for Couples will help you both! Use these couples vision board ideas, examples, and the how-to section to create a deeply inspiring board.
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
What is a couples vision board?
A couples vision board is a place to compile images and words that represent your goals, dreams, and wishes. It helps you and your partner focus on your bright future together.
Benefits of creating vision boards for couples include:
- Getting to know your partner better
- Better and healthier communication with one another
- Help with aligning and setting new goals
- Creating a stronger, deeper bond with one another
Vision Board Ideas for Relationships
In his book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey uses a metaphor to illustrate a powerful point.
Imagine filling up a large mason jar with small rocks, pebbles, and sand. After that, try adding in a few big rocks. There isn’t any room left in the jar for the big rocks!
Now, start by putting the big rocks in the jar first. The big rocks will fit and you will know how much room you have for the other smaller rocks and pebbles you wish to add.
The “Big Rocks” are the priorities you have in your life. They are the goals you absolutely must accomplish. Use them as a guide to measure anything else you allow to fit into your life.
Use the “Big Rocks” as specific categories on your vision board. They will help you get clear on what is important to you both.
How do you make vision boards for couples?
Follow these steps to make a vision board with your significant other. Then, keep reading to see different examples to use.
1. Make a Date
Life is hectic! Plan a time to create your couples vision board with your partner. Put the kids to bed early and get to work. Plan a date night where you work on your vision board. It may take more than one date night to complete.
Set aside time and stick to it.
2. Decide on Priorities and Goals
For this next step, brainstorm and decide on your categories. What are your priorities? Then make specific goals for the “big rocks”. Decide on what is the most important to you both.
3. Gather supplies
Grab what you need:
- words and phrases
- glue or glue dots
- the background material for the vision board..
Look here for inspirational quotes for your vision board.>>
Decide how you will organize your couples vision board and start putting it together.
5. Display and Check in Frequently
A vision board is not something to create and stuff in storage. Find a place where you and your partner will regularly see it and be reminded of your aspirations. Look for a spot in your home that works for you both.
- home office
- joint bathroom
- shared closet space
- the fridge (if you don’t mind that others see it)
Consider having a monthly check-in to discuss the progress toward your vision board goals. Are you on track? Do you need to tweak a plan that was made? Does everything on your vision board still apply?
Couples Vision Board Examples
Now that you are ready to get started on your own couples vision board, check out examples to inspire you.
1. Framed Vision Board for Marriage & Love
Display a framed marriage vision board with your dreams as a couple.
2. Corkboard Couple Vision Board Ideas
For those of us that are a little less creative, a corkboard is a great way to display your relationship visions. Plus you can add to do it and adjust it as needed.
3. Tri-Fold Vision Boards for Couples
Use a larger tri-fold vision board that you can sit up and display somewhere. This couple opted for using larger pictures they printed out.
4. Posterboard Background Vision Boards for Couples
Posterboard is a great and easy way to display your visions. Grab some glue and get started. This particular vision board uses a lot of words and phrases.
5. Digital Vision Board Activity
This digital vision board was created using Adobe Photoshop. You can also use PowerPoint or Canva. Simply find different images, drop then into the file and arrange how you like. This is a great option if you would rather create online.
6. Photograph Couples Vision Board
I love how organized this vision board is. It seems less chaotic and very specific. Use photographs if you have them to make it even more uniquely motivating.
7. Decorative Vision Boards for Couples
Make your couples vision board part of your wall decoration by using a wire hanging wall grid or a wood hanging photo board.
8. Free Vision Board Template
Check out this free printable vision board template that is easy to write in and display.
See How to Make a Vision Board to find this free printable!
Relationship “Big Rocks” Ideas
Think back to the metaphor of the mason jar, pebbles, sand, and big rocks. Use the “big rocks” or main priorities as the categories you start with on your vision board.
Your values are the beliefs that guide you in living your life. Define your list of values to help you make big life decisions and decide on your goals. Here are a few examples:
2. Health & Wellness
As you grow older together, you need to focus on overall health and wellness. This can include physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Nutrition and diet
- Weight loss
- Fitness races or challenges important to you
- Setting boundaries for time and energy
- Spending time in nature
- Managing stress
- Practicing forgiveness
- Being proactive with wellness appointments
What are the “Big Rocks” you want to focus on with your family? Make these a priority on your vision board.
- Spending time together
- Open and honest communication
- Laughing and having fun with one another
- Trying new things together
- Family priorities for time
- Family dinners
- Weekly must-haves to connect with one another
- Family Traditions
- How many kids do you desire to have?
- What important values do you want to instill?
- How do you hope to parent?
- What are your educational hopes for your kids?
- What does giving your kids the best mean to you?
- Attending church or synagogue regularly
- Volunteering at your place of worship
- Reading books to gain knowledge
- Joining a Bible study
- Praying or meditating daily
By adding this category to your vision board, you ensure that you are able to grow together while on your individual professional journeys.
- What do you want to achieve in your professional careers?
- What courses or certifications do you need?
- Do you desire to go back to school?
- Would you like to change career paths?
What do you desire this to be like in your relationship?
- Holding hands
- Being intimate often
- Having focused conversation
- Date nights
Money is one of the top reasons for stress in a relationship. Include this category on your couples vision board to clarify and align your goals and expectations.
- Saving for retirement
- Paying off debt
- Starting an emergency fund
- Improving your credit score
- Future purchases you would like to make
- Starting a budget
- Starting college funds for your kids
Read for more about making a financial vision board!
9. Travel and Adventure
Travel and adventure are more meaningful with someone you love. If this is important to you, put your ideas on your vision board.
- Where do you hope to travel?
- What goals do you have for adventure in your lives?
- How will you take steps to make that happen?
Philanthropy includes monetary gifts, volunteering, and other humanitarian acts. Broaden your perspective as a couple by adding an idea to your vision board.
- Giving to causes you care about
- Giving to church
- Volunteering at your kid’s school
- Coaching kid’s sports teams
- Serving in local volunteer opportunities
- Donating blood
- Taking a mission trip overseas
11. Side Hustle
Interested in starting a side hustle or learning how to make passive income? Think about the tools and skills you will need to accomplish this goal.
- Developing a business plan
- Becoming financially ready
- Licenses or learning development required
- Setting up an LLC
12. Personal Growth and Learning Goals
Figure out what you want out of your life and how you will achieve that. Personal growth is important to maintaining a healthy relationship with your spouse or partner. It will build motivation, greater self-confidence, and personal satisfaction.
- Read books to grow personally
- Take courses
- Become involved with a specific organization or group
- Pursue a new hobby
Read for more meaningful Personal Goals Examples. >>
What is the vision you have for your home as you grow older?
- Buying a new home
- Making home improvements
- Replacing costly items
What dreams do you have together for the future?
- Having a family
- Buying a home
- Purchasing a vacation home
- Becoming debt free
- Moving to another city or state
- Owning your own business
All relationships have conflict. Is this an area of life that you need to focus on improving? Consider ways you will you work on this:
- Open communication
- Reading books
- Seeking help from a therapist or mentor
If expressing gratitude is important to you, add it to your vision board.
- Gratitude quotes
- Gratitude affirmations
- Sharing daily gratitude with family
- Thankfulness practices
Consider your goals for your future retirement. Are you on the same page with these goals? Align your retirement expectations and prepare for what you will need.
- What age will you retire?
- Where will you live?
- What will you do with your time?
- What savings do you need to accumulate?
18. Extended Family and Friendships
How do you envision the relationships with your extended families and friends in the future?
- Staying connected to these relationships
- Planned time to spend together
- How will you nurture important relationships?
- Do you want more couple friends?
19. Regular Connection Opportunities
What will you do to intentionally connect with your spouse on a regular basis?
- Date nights
- Time spent away with one another
- Activities you enjoy to increase connection
- Nightly dinners together
20. Bucket List
Add bucket list items to your vision board. A bucket list is a list of things you have not done together but want to do at some point. In other words, make intentional plans to live life to the fullest!
This could include:
- A big travel adventure
- Trying something daring
- Learning something new
- Unique ideas for adding fun into your relationship
Check out this awesome list of 150 Bucket List Ideas for Couples to add excitement to your future.
To Consider with Vision Boards For Couples
The relationship you build with your partner is the foundation your family is built upon.
What are the “Big Rocks” of your life together? It’s easy to get caught up with the sand and pebbles. Prioritize and visualize the life together that you truly desire. Your work and the law of attraction will work together to make them happen.
“The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.”– Denis Watiley
More HHI Posts You Will Love…
- More Vision Board Examples and Ideas
- Fun Date Nights Gifts for Couples
- Would You Rather Questions for Couples
- Fun Challenges for Couples