The Top 4 Self Care Tips Every Woman Should Know
Self-care is a critical piece to living well.
And as a mom of young ones (during a pandemic), I’m passionate about helping my readers take care of themselves in a world-class way. If we don’t have our physical and mental health, we have nothing.
Plus, I love the idea of having the best ideas, tips, and articles all in one place for readers.
So, if you’re looking for less stress and more happiness moving forward, check out these must-read tips and posts.
1. Your Mental Health Matters – A LOT
First, as women, we unknowingly downplay our mental health needs. We are giving creatures, and therefore put our hearts and souls into our families, work, and friends. But what happens when we don’t take the time to nourish ourselves?
We feel burnt out, empty, and lonely.
So, before anything else here, remember that your mental and physical health needs to be a TOP priority in your life. Even on days that you don’t feel you need it.
2. You Don’t Find the Time, You Make the Time
If you wait for the “right time” to take care of yourself, you’ll be waiting forever. You’ll ALWAYS be busy, your family will ALWAYS need you, and there will ALWAYS be days that you don’t have the energy.
The trick is prioritizing and making self-care happen, no matter what.
The most effective way to do this is through your morning and night routine. We do hundreds of small actions without thinking in these routines.
So, slide a short self-care activity between brushing your teeth and drinking coffee in the morning, or between your shower and breakfast. You’ll notice an improvement in how you feel without any real inconvenience.
What do you already do in your routines? And where can you fit a burst of self-love into the habits you have?
Be consistent, and before you know it, you’ll have rockin’ self care rituals that make or break your day.
- Want to Skyrocket Your Self Care? Get Up Early
- 11 Essential Things to do at Night
- 10 Powerful Things to do in the Morning
- How to Start Your Soothing Self Care Routine
3. Small Improvements Lead to Stunning Results
Next, let’s remember that you don’t have to go all out to make a massive impact. Tiny improvements, day after day, turn in to gigantic results. Simply keep at it, and commit to loving on yourself every day.
Check out these posts to easily take your mental health up a notch:
- 35 of the Best Gifts for Anxiety Sufferers
- 25+ Self Care Kit Ideas
- The Best Self Care Gifts for Mother’s Day (or any day)
4. There Are Different Aspects to Self Care…
Take Care of them ALL
Self-care isn’t just facials and nail polish.
It’s an intricate balance between mental health, physical health, and social wellbeing. Here are some articles that pertain to the different essential types. If you aren’t sure where you are lacking, take the assessment for self-care HERE>>
Your nutrition, fitness levels, and sleep all affect how you feel through the day. If you struggle with low energy or the inability to focus, start here with your self care.
- Gain Energy to Stop Being Tired All The Time
- Healthy Green Smoothies That Fill You Up
- Small Steps to be Healthier This Year
- 14 Ways to Get Your Best Sleep
Next, our mental health is comprised of many different facets. Here, we take care of our stress, anxiety, and emotions. But, this is also a space to check in with ourselves and make sure happiness is taking a front seat in our lives.
- A Beginner’s How-to for Meditation
- Easy Gratitude Practices to Start
- How to Begin Your Journal Practice
- 75 Beautiful Affirmations for Self Love
- How to Spend Less Time on Your Phone
- 9 Crucial Habits of Happy People
- 27 Morning Affirmations for Women (& Moms)
- A Daily Self Care Guide for Moms
Social connection is EVERYTHING when it comes to human health and happiness. In fact, in studies, the people that live long happy lives often have a strong supportive community that surrounds them.
- How to Make New Friends (& Keep Your Great Ones)
- How Parents Maintain a Happy Relationship
- Easy Tips to Spread Joy in Your Community
- 25 Activities for Your Next Family Night
- 15 Easy Ways to Make Family Dinner More Fun
Printables to Help You
And finally, check out these free templates to track your self care progress in new ways!
Before You Go…
I hope these articles give you a lot to consider for taking care of yourself this fall and winter! Sign up below for a free self-care toolkit, and get free printables in your inbox every month!