Today’s St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt was a joint effort between my kids and I. It’s also a bit different from the other scavenger hunts on the site.
In the spirit of the Irish, this is a hunt for treasure.
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more.
What’s the benefit of a treasure hunt?
- Well first, it’s fun. And it gives kids something to look forward to. Plus, my children continue to create their own hunts after – boosting their creativity and keeping them busy!
- It’s a FREE activity!
- The setup is quick and easy.
- There’s no cleanup! (ALWAYS a bonus!)
What’s not to love?!
Instructions for Your Kids Hunt
It’s simple to do the St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt! Here’s what to do:
1. Print out the download (see below). Cut them into their cards.
2. Hold onto the first card, and hide every other card according to where the card before tells you to go. If you do it in order, here’s where they go:
CARD 1: Give to child/children
HIDING SPOT 1: Kitchen or dining room table (CARD 2)
HIDING SPOT 2: Dresser drawer or hamper (CARD 3)
HIDING SPOT 3: On a bed or pillow (CARD 4)
HIDING SPOT 4: The fridge (CARD 5)
HIDING SPOT 5: The front door (CARD 6)
HIDING SPOT 6: Underneath a toothbrush (CARD 7)
HIDING SPOT 7: Living room couch, or by the tv (CARD 8)
HIDING SPOT 8: Bathtub or shower (TREASURE)
To make the hunt more difficult for older kids, get creative with your hiding spots! Instead of on a pillow, bury it under their blankets or stuffed animals. Make them search well!
3. Next, give your child (or children) the first card. Then, watch as they scurry through the house in excitement. Give hints if needed, but otherwise enjoy the show!
Read on for the pdf and creative treasure ideas!
Get the St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Printable
Treasure Ideas for Your Hunt
For your lucky treasure at the end, here are a few fun ideas!
- A coupon (we LOVE these free printable coupons for kids)
- Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase ⭐
- St. Patrick’s Day pencils
- A St. Patrick’s Day coloring page
- Gold chocolate coins
- St. Patrick’s Day temporary tattoos
- Glow sticks
- The Silly McGilly book and doll – if you like the Elf on the Shelf, you’ll love this!
- A homemade treat or snack
- How to Catch a Leprechaun Book
- A small craft project
Now, don’t fret on the prize! If you are short on time or cash, something small that’s already in your home still works well! It’s the hunt that is the attraction!
Related Post: 6 More Fun Ideas for St. Patrick’s Day
To Consider With the St. Patrick’s Day Hunt
This St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt was created, tested, and approved in our home. We hope you have as much fun with it as we did.
Sending our love this St. Patrick’s Day!
Did you try the St. Patrick’s Day treasure hunt? Let us know in the comments!
Read these other family springtime articles…
- The Super Fun Spring Bucket List for Kids & Moms – Everything you need to make the most out of the season!
- Easter Basket Gift Ideas for Girls
- Awesome Easter Baskets for Boys