Enjoy fun free Beach Scavenger Hunt printables for kids. Along with warm sun, crashing waves, salty smell, and the warm feel of sand in your toes.
There is nothing better than being at the beach!
How do you plan a fun scavenger hunt?
Scavenger hunts are a fun, easy, and totally FREE activity you can do with your kids.
And we have two scavenger hunts here for you to choose from for your day at the beach.
- Picture beach scavenger hunt for toddlers and preschoolers
- Selfie beach scavenger hunt for older kids and teens
Keep reading below for more great ideas to make the most of your beach scavenger hunt and for other easy beach day activities.
This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. See my disclaimer for more info.
Instructions for Your Beach Scavenger Hunt for Kids
1. Print out your free beach scavenger hunt from the download below. Choose the one that’s right for your kids from the two options.
2. Be clear on the rules.
- Discuss where your kids can find items, water safety, and set boundaries for how far kids can search on their own.
- Decide on how much time they will have.
- Remind kids to respect nature and other people enjoying the beach.
- Set clear expectations with their device for the selfie scavenger hunt. I suggest using a waterproof camera for this activity if you are worried about it getting wet.
3. To play:
- Enjoy helping your younger child find each item and mark it off.
- Divide up your family and have fun seeing who can find all the items first.
- Older kids can hunt for items in a race against one another.
4. If you think there is an item your child won’t be able to find, give them the option to cross that item off the scavenger hunt list.
5. Use the additional beach activity ideas below for added fun.
Bonus: More Fun Beach Day Ideas & Activities
Create a collage
Encourage your kids to make a simple collage. Use the items they collect from their beach scavenger hunt such as sand, shells, sticks, and seaweed. They can glue these items on a piece of paper to make a design or picture.
Create a digital video, collage, or scrapbook
Older kids can use their beach scavenger hunt photographs to create a video or collage. Let them be creative!
Make a simple beach treasure hunt for your kids.
- Find a good spot that won’t get washed away to bury a treasure. Use these gold coins and pirate gems or real money coins inside a small container to bury.
- Make a simple treasure map of your beach area including chairs, umbrellas, and other landmarks around.
- Have kids use the map to search and dig for the buried treasure.
Read this fun book, How I Became A Pirate by David Shannon to get your kids excited for a beach treasure hunt!
Have fun solving these short, beach riddles with your kids!
1. This can be found on a golf course, but it is not a blade of grass. Instead, it’s something that’s grainy. And is found in an hourglass. What am I?
2. When someone doesn’t swim in the ocean, this animal might be the cause. Because they’re afraid they’ll be bitten, by this large fish who’s the star of Jaws. What am I?
Answer: A shark
3. You use this every day. Many times I would bet. The more that you get dry, the more that it gets wet. What am I?
Answer: A towel
Answer: A Lighthouse
5. The moon is my mother, the sea is my dad. I have a million brothers, but when I reach land, I’m dead! What am I?
Answer: A wave
6. I am seen in the water and in the sky. I am in the rainbow and a jay’s feather. What am I?
Answer: The color blue
7. I am a food that lives at the beach. What am I?
Answer: A sandwich
8. I can be seen up in the sky, but I am not a kite. I am a giant ball of gas which gives you heat and light. What am I?
Answer: The Sun
9. I am a mammal that lives in the sea. People are usually excited to see me. I never leave the water, but I breathe air. What am I?
Answer: A Dolphin
*Related Post: Kids What Am I Riddles
Beach Jokes To Tell
Continue the beach day fun with beach jokes to get your kids laughing!
1. Why aren’t elephants allowed on the beach?
Answer: They can’t keep their trunks up!
2. Why did the banana wear sunscreen at the beach?
Answer: It refused to peel.
3. Who won the race between the sand and the sea?
Answer: Neither, they tide.
4. What do you call a husky at the beach in the summer?
Answer: A hot dog.
5. Why did the fish blush?
Answer: It saw the ocean’s bottom.
6. What did the ocean say to the other ocean?
Answer: Sea you later.
7. Why did the shark spit out the clown?
Answer: Because he tasted funny.
8. What do you call a fish without eyes?
9. What keeps the ocean from leaking?
Answer: The seals.
10. Why don’t sharks like fast food?
Answer: Because they can’t catch it.
*Related Post: Great Jokes Books For Kids
Free Printable Beach Scavenger Hunts
Grab your free printable scavenger hunt here!
*Grab fun kids prize incentives ideas >>
Fun Beach Scavenger Hunt Supplies & Books
These items and books will make a day at the beach even more fun for your kids.
Foldable Pail Buckets with Shovels
*Easy storage and use!
Your kids will enjoy digging in sand and carrying all of their beach treasures for their scavenger hunt with these buckets and shovels.
Mesh Shell Bags
These mesh bags work great when collecting shells or beach items and to wash and dry.
We take these bags with us every time we go to the beach! They are perfect for collecting items for a beach scavenger hunt!
Beach Walk by Editors of Storey Publishing
Discover all the wonders of the beach and ocean using this interactive book filled with activities for your beach adventure.
National Geographic Kids Beach Day Sticker Activity Book by National Kids
Kids will enjoy 1,000 stickers, activities, games, and fun facts all about the beach! This is a great book for the car and at the lodging.
To Consider With Beach Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Enjoy time playing and relaxing at the beach with your kids with these free printable scavenger hunt ideas for all ages!
More Fun Summertime Ideas…
- 100 Great Summer Activities for Kids
- The Ultimate Summer Bucket List
- Free Printable Kids Packing List For Camping
Don’t forget to find some great books for your kids’ ages to fill your summer or vacation days!