Here are 3 ideas to consider:
Quote of the Week
1. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” — Jackie Chan
World Kindness Day is November 13th
Teaching and practicing kindness is not always easy. I once did a kindness challenge with my kids that ended in a mailbox brawl because they couldn’t agree on who should leave the thank you note for the mailman.
But in an often hostile world, kindness is the light you shine into someone’s darkness. It’s making a positive impact right where you’re planted. Try one of these today:
- Do a small act of kindness (these take 5 minutes or less)
- Hug someone.
- Smile and say something nice to a stranger.
- Share a story with your pet.
- Wave and say “hi” to a neighbor.
- Write a thank you card for someone
- Leave a sweet note for a child. (Resource library #3 )
2. Read a book on kindness or friendship with your family (it’s part of the reading challenge this month too!)
3. Help someone in need
- Carry in groceries
- Donate to an organization
- Volunteer an hour to help
- Bring a meal to a friend
There are lots of ways to celebrate Kindness Day. And they all make you (and others) feel like a million bucks!
Family Fun for Thanksgiving!
3. Planning ahead? These free Mad Libs will make your entire family burst into laughter! One is even about making the best pumpkin pie!
Founder of Healthy Happy Impactful
P.S. Something exciting is coming soon! Starting November 15th, you can snag a done-for-you family night every week. All the connecting without the fuss! Put yourself on the wait list to get a special price here >>